Should we fold up?

Even if I don't comment often, I enjoy reading the summaries, the fellow fans comments...
I come to the site everyday and I would really miss not being able to play games, read you, pray for members who request it.
It would be like loosing my cyberfamily.
I will try to post more often from now on - even if only once a week!

Please don't go away. I joined last year but life in the way so I haven't posted. I do lurk and I love this board. Like many others here, I find that Days is missing the mark on many levels but I still find it better than the other 2 soaps I watch. I'll do my best to finally post. :)

Yes, Days is no longer on NBC web site or the APP. You can still watch Days on NBC stations
when it's shown in the afternoons.

They want people to watch on Peacock. There are less commercials on Peacock than what
NBC had on their web site.

We cannot continue the site, without YOUR help. Whether positive or negative, comments count........and if you doubt the suits don't check.........yes they do. But if this site is not providing whatever you feel is needed, let us know.

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you don't want to keep the site going if its not active, meaning very few members posting on a regular basis- is that correct?! I think the reason the board is not as active as it once was is because to put it bluntly- the show sucks. I don't post more often because I find most of the story lines terrible and most of what I would be posting would be negative (regarding story lines & characters) and I am not sure if that is allowed?! Also, it would get tiring reading nothing but negative comments but unfortunately there aren't many positive things to say about the show these days. The only reason I still watch is out of habit (which I think might be the case for others as well?!). I don't find any of the story lines entertaining but I have gotten into the habit of eating lunch at 1pm so I can watch Days. I basically just take the show as is, I know nothing is going to change so if it gets to the point where I don't like watching it anymore or really detest a story line (like the pending threesome between Allie Trip & Chanel, saw that story coming a mile away :sick:) then I will probably stop watching for good.

Having said that though, I still visit the site on a regular basis for spoilers and to read about any upcoming cast changes so it still has a use for me even though I am not as into the show as I used to be.

Regarding your comment about the 'suits' monitoring this site- if they do monitor it I would like to know why?! They clearly don't care about the fans any more, if they did they would get rid of the head writer who most viewers don't like as all he gives us are crappy story lines. Also, the crazy shooting schedule Days follows (filming 6-12 months ahead) does not allow TPTB any time to make changes to story lines or character pairings as was the case back in the day. This show is pretty much on auto pilot now, the writer comes up with story lines, they film them and then air the episodes and viewers then decide whether to watch or not. I really don't understand why they renewed it for another 2 years if they were not planning on making any major changes (which the show needs in my opinion)?!

I guess I am a lurker too. I check the site daily for the summaries and the spoilers. I enjoy everyone's comments. I too am tired of the "wash-rinse-repeat" of the storylines. I still watch the show in the hopes that it will improve ever so slightly. I appreciate everything you all do in getting the summaries out. I will try to post more frequently. Thank you!

Definitely would feel like something was missing if this site wasn’t around to check. Even though I’m not a frequent commenter, I look quite regularly, especially the Crystal Ball section to see what might be coming up as well as the arriving/departing.

I’ll certainly admit I’ve fast forwarded far more often than I used to, and the rewrite of Lani’s parents is disappointing, but Days has been a part of my life in some way or another since the 80s (or whenever Kayla being deaf and the “Lady in Red” storyline took place before the wedding on the ship). I’d miss seeing all of your reactions and learning so much behind the scenes action from the members here. Thanks to all of you who have worked so hard to keep this board going!

I stopped watching in the mid-'00s, but started up again when my mom was sick. We'd watch it together. And since she died 10 years ago, I've kept going. I know I complain all the time because it frustrates me, but there's always enough going to keep me watching--hopefully--until it goes off the air. Coming here to complain about the show makes it more fun.

Yes, Days is no longer on NBC web site or the APP. You can still watch Days on NBC stations
when it's shown in the afternoons.

They want people to watch on Peacock. There are less commercials on Peacock than what
NBC had on their web site.
Thanks, Kat. I didn't even know about the website. Never watch online.

Ok, here goes - my very first post! I guess I am a creeper. I view The Crystal Ball weekly. I never make comments but I do enjoy reading comments of others, esp the long-timers! I have watched Days with my mother since its beginning. It is def not as good now as it was back then. I think for several years the writers have gotten terribly off track with old worn out repeat story lines and taping too far in advance. Seems now TPTB have totally lost interest in the show, the actors and especially the fans. Too bad. Soaps should be soaps = a distraction from reality, a day dream, a getaway! They should have love and romance - fun and excitement - a crazy character every now and then - of course a villain or two - long-time couples - less "everyone in Salem has been to bed with everyone is Salem". Even that gets old. Leave a little imagination!!!!
I liked reading the daily happening where hairstyles, dress styles, clothing, and such were commented on. No bashing of actors, just the character.
My husband and I watch everyday! He really gets into it! (Funny how men are - they would never admit it). But it is our escape time. We laugh at who has returned from the dead and how many times they have - who is wearing the tightest dress - background sounds - who's wear summer clothes in the dead of winter - whose hair looks best - which guy has the biggest muscles - who wears the best jewelry. AND - guessing who is going to sleep with who - who is going to kill who. It helps us to not pay as close attention as to how bad the writing is. Did I say we are old ---- doesn't take much to entertain us!
I do appreciate everyone who keeps this site going. It's a full time job, I'm sure. I often wonder where you all live and if a lot of you personally know each other. I hope this site continues. I hope to comment a bit more!
A big thanks to each of you that make this happen!!
LnL!!
(I love Kate & her style - don't kill me please)

I think there are a lot of people who come to the site regularly, but do not comment. I've been on this site pretty regularly for many years, but have submitted only a few comments.

I think they really missed an opportunity. They could have launched the Beyond Salem during the Olympics when the series was not running. For someone like me who works during the day and records the show, I got out of the habit of watching and only returned because the 15 episodes were taking up space on my DVR. I'm right back in, but I would have gone to Beyond Salem during that time.

The storylines are not great. It seems like either everyone is happy or everyone is miserable. I've been watching for more than 40 years and will continue until it ends.

So many missed opportunities.

My husband and I watch everyday! He really gets into it! (Funny how men are - they would never admit it).
Welcome aboard Lulunlucy. By the way my moms name was Lulu and I named one of my cats Lucy LuLu!

I use to bartend years ago and the funny thing was that at 1:00pm Monday to Friday I had better have Days of Our Lives on the TV or the guys would have a fit. They loved it.

Back