Soap stars as guests on other shows part 8

Watching Dr. Quinn.

John Clarke (Mickey Horton) playing her father

Pamela Kosh (Miss Peach) played family maid three times

For me it says Philo streaming or Frndly streaming, whatever they are and the closest is Harrisburg which is 35 miles from me.
Frndly is a cheap streaming service that pretty much just has all the Hallmark channels and a few religious ones and maybe Lifetime. It’s $7-8 a month, I think. I used to turn it on for Christmas viewing when my main TV package didn’t have Hallmark.

Philo streams more cable stations, and it’s now my service for “cable” channels. It’s $25-30.

Both frndly and Philo show live TV channels (not just on demand) and have DVR, so you can record all your shows and movies and fast forward through commercials.

An actor named Brian Lane Green is on an old Matlock rerun. He played a character on Days named Alan Brand who was in a storyline with the younger crowd (Jennifer, Frankie, Eve, etc.) back in 1987-1988.

Dick Van Dyke (Timothy) is also on there as a dirty judge who murdered his mistress and framed her other lover (played by Brian Lane Green).

Yes, exactly!! Usually when a well-known actor is a guest star on a crime drama, they're almost always the killer or bad guy. I swear that's always the case on Law and Order SVU. Cindy Williams, Jaclyn Smith, Henry Winkler, Martin Short, Robin Williams, Carol Burnett, etc.

I’ve been bingeing NCIS. The actor who currently plays Sonny played a psychotic wannabe Navy Seal. Matt Ashford (Jack) ironically played a rapist and the father of a female character named Jack’s daughter. There have been several other guest soap stars past and present, but Paul Telfer’s (Xander) character was a recurring one in a handful of episodes over a couple of seasons.

On an old Matlock rerun I saw a guy who looked familiar. His name is Alex Hyde-White. When I checked his IMDB page, I saw that he played David Morse, the grandson of James Morse, the two men that Julia Roberts and Richard Gere have dinner with in the movie Pretty Woman (when she sends the snail flying across the room). Then I saw he also played someone named Charles Cahill III on 9 episodes of Days in 1998.

I saw William Christopher (who played Father Tobias on Days in 2012, but is probably more remembered as Father Mulcahy on MASH) in an old movie, With Six You Get Eggroll (1968). Doris Day and Brian Keith played two widowed parents who get married. A lot of familiar faces were in it: Barbara Hershey (from the movie Beaches) played Brian Keith's teenage daughter. William Christopher and Jamie Farr from MASH were hippies. Allan Melvin, who played Alice's boyfriend Sam the butcher on the Brady Bunch is in it, as well as Vic Tayback, who was Mel on the show Alice. George Carlin, Alice Ghostley and Jackie Joseph were in it, too. It was a fun movie, sort of along the lines of Yours, Mine and Ours.

Back