SPOILER !! Spoilers Jan 6

Xander visits Ben. [Has the clever X-Man figured out a way to placate Ciara by saving Ben without implicating himself and Victor?]

Marlena comforts Kayla. [Pity poor Kayla. After all she's gone through, she badly needs a vacation from all things Salem, but that's not possible. Currently, she seems to be the only doctor at University Hospital.]

Ciara’s confrontation with Victor takes a stunning turn. [However "stunning" it may be, it surely won't consist of Victor fessing up about his role in the death of Jordan.]

Kristen uses Gabi to get what she wants. [Gabi is in way over her head against Kristen. She's far more conniving and unethical than Rafe's little sister could ever hope to be.]

Lani confides in JJ who offers his help. [How can JJ help loony, goat-phobic Lani? Based on recent events, he can't even help himself.]

Jack rips into “Steve” and is perplexed by his brother’s behavior. [Jack's not thinking here. Odd behavior by "Steve" is a sure sign that the DiMeras have again messed with his mind.]

Sounds like the new year is bringing a lot of plot recycling!

I am "liking" Steve as Stefano! He almost looks like Stefano (to me, at least) because he has the mannerisms and posture that Stefano had. I hate the recycled storyline but Stephen Nichols (Patch) is really killing it! The Gina/Hope thing is pretty lame. If Gina would lose that ridiculous accent it might be bearable. At the rate things are going, everyone in Salem is going to have an alter ego chip and no one will know who they are or who anyone else is.

I'm thinking Ciara makes some kind of deal with Victor, to not expose him if he gets Ben out of Statesville. I really like Xander with Sarah, I would like it to come out that he is Mickey's biological dad. The timing would not make that possible. Not that a scenario has to be possible in reality to happen on Days.

I'm liking Steve as Stefano. He is so much better than Princess Gina!!!!!!!

The timing would not make that possible.
Paul is John's son, even though the timeline was impossible. As Drake Hogestyn (John) said in an interview, we just have to go with it. So Xander could easily be Mickey's real father. I still think she'll turn out to be Kristen and Brady's baby and that Sarah's baby died at birth (or shortly thereafter) and Xander switched them, to keep Sarah from being devastated, plus to keep Sarah in town and pretending to be a happy little couple with "their" new baby.

O.K. , I know people who never "showed" until maybe 6-7 mos. (My own mom is an example), Cher took a long time..........so.......in November of 2019, Sarah was not showing any baby bump, yet in the Christmas flashback to "Christmas, 2019", she has a pretty large one. Thus, Mickey could be Xander's, even if she is supposed to be a doctor, and know things. Sarah has proven, more than once, she is a fail at being a medical person of any kind. (Listen, these writers have asked us to take a lot of stuff just because they want it that way.......they could do this as well.)

You are not the only one......and Corday could have stopped that "essence" idea long before anything was filmed, ....so could the exec producers......so no idea why they did not (well Corday pays no attention, know that) and this storyline is not working. Hey, Stephen Nichols (Steve) is doing good job, and I know the actors enjoy being able to do something else besides the usual for their characters. So Hope gets to be Gina, Adrienne got to be Bonnie, Marlena gets to live it up as Hattie, Steve gets to bully people & salivate over Marlena as Stefano, Nicole gets to have fun as Kristen, while Kristen gets to be calm, serene, and a goody two shoes as a nun, Gabi gets to be a horrible vixen, John gets to become a clueless dunce, Xander gets to be a good guy, as does Ben.....while Kayla & Justin get to romp with different partners, as does Sonny. Too bad Brady is left with repeating the "good guy to rescue of Nicole" story he already did in Canada.

I think that somehow it is going to set up that Eli will propose to Gabi and then find out what she did and there will be a huge take-down that everyone is in on when their wedding starts. But, technically, what can they arrest her for? Julie, I bet won't press charges because she thinks Gabi is now good. Lani didn't have to meet her demands to end the relationship.

I also think that Lani will somehow go after Nicole, and Kristen will go after Gabi to get revenge for each other.

Last edited:
Frankly I'd wish they'd left Stefano dead. A new villain (if we must have a Cassadine-esque "freeze the world" villain on Days, like they did on General Hospital) would add mystery, intrigue, and not force people we're supposed to root for/care about to act like idiots. Who would suspect that a nice new doctor at the hospital (or board member at Titan or shop owner in the square), played by the likes of Ron Raines (Guiding Light), or Robert S Woods (One Life to Live), or Thom Christopher (One Life to Live), or Anna Stuart* (Another World), or Grant Aleksander (Guiding Light), et al, is really a criminal kingpin watching and collecting Salem's secrets and business deals conducted privately in the open Square? (Seriously - a bad guy/girl could clean up there.)

Furthermore they had the perfect opportunity when they time jumped to bring somebody like this on. The cops are on to him/her, or think they are, but while they work to get the goods, the seeds are being planted and the vines are wrapping around Salem. And when people start talking to each other - they realize that Mr/Ms Innocent Neighbor has his/her hands in everyone's soup....

*Seriously why are all of Days' female villains psychos/vengeance demons?

A new villain (if we must have a Cassadine-esque "freeze the world" villain on Days, like they did on General Hospital) would add mystery, intrigue, and not force people we're supposed to root for/care about to act like idiots.
And since Stefano was the "7th son of the 7th son", we know he has a bunch of relatives. How about some of his nieces/nephews or cousins coming along to shake up things in Salem?

Spoilers from https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/days-of-our-lives/tv-listings/194489

Monday, January 6, 2020
Evan and Sonny share a kiss.
Kayla presses Steve to tell her about the woman he loves.
Ciara's confrontation with Victor takes a stunning turn.
Xander threatens Ben.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020
Eli questions Lani about why she threw a rock through Gabi's window.
Kristen uses Gabi to get what she wants.
Xander blames Ciara for Victor's medical crisis.
Brady learns about Victor's condition.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Nicole lies to Kristen about her relationship with Brady.
Lani confides in JJ, who offers his help.
Gabi tries to cover her tracks with Eli.
Kate warns Will about Evan.

Thursday, January 9, 2020
Kristen is thrown when someone unexpected shows up on her doorstep.
Brady decides to go along with Nicole's ruse.
Xander warns Ciara to stay away from Victor.
Jack rips into "Steve" and is perplexed by his brother's behavior.

Friday, January 10, 2020
Ciara delivers bad news to Ben.
Justin urges Victor to do the right thing regarding Ben.
Gina squirms as John questions her about Steve.
Stefano tests Kristen's loyalty.

Back