Strictly RUMOR

Someone else posted on the Daytime Royalty site someone named Kenny says it's someone on Days.

As of now, speculation is Abigail will be killed. We all know Marci Miller (Abby) just had a baby. Who
knows why they won't consider another actress.

I thought I would start a topic about this.

Remember we probably won't know for weeks or months how true any of these rumors are true or not.

When I read about them killing off a character, I thought of Hope. The actress is gone. Why not?

Trouble with rumors is they lead to wild speculations & some folks think it is fact, and it just expands bigger and bigger like a huge balloon.
Yes, I read Abigail was to be killed, & if the actress wanted out, or the show could not come up with another way to write her out........why not recast? Tis a puzzle.
Also, Victoria Konefal has made no secret of her not wanting to be on contract, so am guessing the show decided a pregnancy would be a good way to have her eventually be able to leave. A shame Rob (Ben) is then being written off as well.
These are definitely just RUMORS, we will be looking for verification, or for denials. Stay tuned.

To be honest, Kat has a point about Hope. Have been surprised the show has not, by now, either recast the character, or done a reasonable explanation for her continued absence.

Wouldn't they just bring back Kate Mansi? She came back before when Marci Miller took a break, and played Abby from 2011-17, if I correctly recall.
Kate Mansi doesn't want to be tied down to a contract, not even a short one. It is why she left, & she returned for just a very, very short period of time. I believe as a favor.....

I, too, read the rumor about a legacy character being killed off, but it sounds like a younger legacy character, possibly not Hope or Jennifer. However, it could very easily be Abby or Ciara. Both fit the description of a legacy character from fan favorite families, and neither actress has an inclination to stay on the show permanently. Both of them are tied down in popular pairings that would make it hard for them to just break the couple up. I could seee them wanting to keep either Chad or Ben and have them (eventually) move on with a new pairing.

I think either actress could be recast, but the show has been reluctant to part with Victoria Konefal (Ciara) which is why they are allowing her to be recurring rather than on contract, and since they have only used Kate Mansi or Marci Miller for grown up Abby and neither one wants to stick around long term, the show might also be reluctant to recast her. Then too, a recast might not work well with either Robert Scott Wilson (Ben) or Billy Flynn (Chad).

If this is about Days (the rumor did not specify which soap, it could easily be one of the other 3), I tend to lean toward Abby. Ciara has already been fake dead, Hope would need to be on the show to get the full impact of the death, and Hope and Shawn do not need to go through that grief all over again after they already lost Bo and Zack, and thought they once lost Ciara. Plus, Abby has been poking her nose around Kristen's business and if they really want to villainize Gwen, she might do something which kills Abby. This is my speculation only. Again, the rumor may be one of the other soaps.

Abby being killed off sounds logical, given her current situation. I would not want a recast of Ben nor Chad, either. Perhaps there will be a cliffhanger on the last show we see (this Thursday, I believe?) before the hiatus for the Olympics. We might all be surprised.
1643582086508.png

I wouldn't bat an eye if Abby (Marci Miller) was killed off.
I really liked Kate Mansi version of Abby better than Marci's.
They could change actors for the part as far as I'm concerned.
Chad could go with her. Not caring for him either.

I would not like it if they killed off Ben or Ciara. I wouldn't like a recast of either of them.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
The difficult thing is (for the viewers) that the show films so far in advance. so whatever is going to happen, if any of this comes to pass. we won't see it for several months.
Marci Miller had her baby in March of 2021, & may not like being away from her baby. I don't know. For us, it means she had maternity leave at some point. I have read that the show, at times, has to postpone shooting because some cast member, important to a scene/storyline, came down with covid, or tested positive, so they postpone shooting, which has them sort of filming for June, then filming for March , back to June/July, etc. etc.
And then, the persons referred to in that "spoiler/rumor" could be from another soap.
We just have to wait and see........If the rumor is so rampant, there is gonna be a confirmation or denial from the suits.

Abby. Ciara has already been fake dead
To be fair, so has Abby.

I'm hoping for a tetrafecta - yes I am coining that word - Ben forgets his meds, kills Ciara, Abby catches them, gets killed, Ben and Chad fatally wound each other. Clean the house.

That said, I agree Abby, who has been a tough recast (some fans hate the current, some hate Kate Mansi's version, some are indifferent), makes the most sense because her family is actually more-or-less around.

However if it is Days, it will most likely be an ill-thought out and poorly executed story which they'll reverse in 13 months.

I wouldn't bat an eye if Abby (Marci Miller) was killed off.
I really liked Kate Mansi version of Abby better than Marci's.
They could change actors for the part as far as I'm concerned.
Chad could go with her. Not caring for him either.

I would not like it if they killed of Ben or Ciara. I wouldn't like a recast of either of them.

Just my opinion.
Agree about preferring Kate; not that I think Marci is not a good actress, just prefer Kate's portrayal of Abby better. Chad and the kids might just move away if Abby is gone. Killing Ben and/or Ciara would not be a great idea, esp. given how hard they fought to get back together. But since Johnny is still possessed, he might be instrumental in doing something to them/the baby. We shall see.
1643587656796.png

Can I pay the writers to make it Sami????

d9aa715f5cce21350d76974a24cac759cabbf483_00.gif

Back