Tate's best interest

SarahBeth

Reaction score
It would be in Tate's best interest for his parents and extended family to try and get along and stop being so rotten to each other. We all know Theresa can be rotten. But good grief, Brady and the rest couldn't be much more crueler than they are. They should at least try. But what really gets me is Brady acting like he is superior. He's not. He's an addict.

If Brady really wanted to make sure that Tate had what he needed and that he (Brady) had as little contact with Theresa as possible, he should go out and get everything Tate would need to have at Theresa's AND actually spend his allotted time with Tate. Instead he plays Mr. Superior to Theresa by tearing her down and telling her that since it's his time she needs to leave. But he doesn't even spend but a couple of minutes with Tate before he pops him in the nanny's arms and runs off to see his daddy.

If Brady really wants to spend his time with Tate then he should have taken him out with him and not ditching him on the nanny. John would have been happy to see his grandson. Brady is no better a parent than Theresa is, he just has a lot more money and money doesn't make one a good parent.

I get what you're saying, but yes, Brady IS superior. Theresa nearly killed his father and then blamed it all on Brady. Let's also not forget how she stole all that money from Vargas and sent him back to jail by framing him (yes, he was far from being a saint, but still). Furthermore, her conniving, manipulative and mean-spirited ways, just for the sake of being mean to people, make her an extremely difficult character to like or root for. When she cries or complains about how people hate her, I don't feel for her because SHE is the one responsible for all of that.

I agree with you SarahBeth. There's really no reason (since the show is all-but-ignoring the poker incident) that Brady can't be civil, and pay for the things Tate needs, and let them live in Jeannie T's apartment, other than to rub her nose in how much money he has.

I really wish Shane were on the show to knock Brady down a peg or ten.

I think after listening to Theresa tell Anne that she had no idea how to be a mother or take care of a baby, and then watching the crib the two idiots put together crash to the floor, Brady is probably scared to leave Tate with her in her apartment, no matter how much stuff he buys for Tate's use.

I certainly would be very afraid to hand over a baby I love to someone like Theresa to take care of, even for a minute or two. The baby is much better off (and hopefully safer) at the mansion with a nanny to do all those things that Theresa has no idea how to do. To be fair, she didn't have the typical nine months to prepare, but good grief, most people her age have been around babies at some point in time.

I get what you're saying, but yes, Brady IS superior.
No I don't think he is at all. Yes, Theresa has been rotten, there's no denying it. Brady has such an addictive personality. He's had inpatient drug addiction treatment and yet he spiraled out of control with drugs and alcohol again. When he wasn't boozing or drugging he was turning to sex.

He is so stupid that he fell prey to Kristen, not once, but twice. He finds out he has a child and his focus goes to trying to rope his current girlfriend into marriage just weeks after they agreed to take things slowly. Now it's like he's filling that addictive need with tearing down Theresa. While Theresa has run her mouth, it's Brady that's gone and had legal papers drawn trying to get one up on Theresa using the fact that he's got the money to have an attorney work through the night to write up legal documents.

Then after another beratement session on Theresa he runs out on his time with his son immediately afterward, when he was supposed to be spending it with his son. He is no better than she is.

The thing is no matter how superior Brady acts, Theresa chooses to put up with it because she's obsessed with him and his money. She could've just as easily turned down Brady's offer to move into the mansion and instead taken his offer of getting a new bigger place for her and Tate. He offered to get everything she'd need to take care of Tate on her own terms, in her own place, as long as she didn't leave town. This of course wasn't good enough for her. She wanted to be underneath Brady's thumb, so here she is.

I think after listening to Theresa tell Anne that she had no idea how to be a mother or take care of a baby, and then watching the crib the two idiots put together crash to the floor, Brady is probably scared to leave Tate with her in her apartment, no matter how much stuff he buys for Tate's use.

I certainly would be very afraid to hand over a baby I love to someone like Theresa to take care of, even for a minute or two. The baby is much better off (and hopefully safer) at the mansion with a nanny to do all those things that Theresa has no idea how to do. To be fair, she didn't have the typical nine months to prepare, but good grief, most people her age have been around babies at some point in time.

Yes, she didn't have any time to prepare, so it stands to reason that she would have a moment of being scared and stressing out like many ladies do. Good grief, what woman hasn't had an emotional moment with a friend, unloaded and then felt better about things? Would a nanny be better, not necessarily; just more experienced.

Brady has a nanny to help him because he doesn't know any more about baby care than Theresa does. At least Theresa wanted to be with Tate as she was discussing some sort of leave while at the hospital when they just returned with the baby (but I guess we are supposed to forget about that scene). Now all of a sudden she has to be pushed back to work by Brady. Makes no sense at all.

I do not think Brady ran out on his son. I think there was extremely poor editing done.
We do not know time periods. Maybe Brady has noon to 2 p.m. or something like that.
And Theresa IS planning on getting into Brady's bed, she has already said it several times. Anne tries to make her see her tricks and schemes are not going to work, but she always has another. I think Jen Lilley does a wonderful job of playing Theresa, but Jeannie Theresa is definitely NOT a likeable character. And even now, she thinks not of her son, but of herself. Heck, look how she was ordering the nanny to unpack her things.
Brady had offered her a big house, servants, generous allowance for herself, in addtion to money for Tate.and she turned it all down.
And I agree about that crib. That was ridiculous. A 10 yr. old could have done a better job.
Not only that, she could have gotten a bassinet. There are a lot of things a baby needs, and I now wonder why Gramma Caroline, Aunt Kayla, have not come with the kinds of things Theresa would have needed, and why hasn't Grandparents Kim & Shane sent things, even gift certificates??
But her small apartment would soon fill up....and as I had mentioned elsewhere here, she could have gotten a sofa bed for the living room, and the crib, changing table, clothing chest, etc. all in the bedroom. It does seem that is how Will & Sonny have managed with Ari. Agreed they seem to have a few bedrooms, I guess, but that living/kitchen area is mighty small.

Today they showed Brady spending time with his son, and I'm sure they will continue to do so for a while. Even if they stop, none of the Salemites really spend much time with their children anyways, so we could overlook that.

As for Brady's addictive personality and sometimes rude things he says, I'm not condoning that. But he's far better than Theresa. Look at her recent actions. She isn't going to the mansion for her baby at all---she's going to get Brady back in the sack, as she knows only how to connive and scheme, not to love. She threatened to take Tate away from his father (and to LA with family she detests) just to get Melanie out of town and out of Brady's clutches. Sure, she loves her baby, but she isn't a good mother. Just like Sami.

...He finds out he has a child and his focus goes to trying to rope his current girlfriend into marriage just weeks after they agreed to take things slowly. Now it's like he's filling that addictive need with tearing down Theresa. ...

I agree with your whole post but this stands out, so I pared it down for ease of reading.
The thing is no matter how superior Brady acts, Theresa chooses to put up with it because she's obsessed with him and his money. ...

Also yes. That's why I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY hate this Travesty of a storyline!!!!!!!!! I want Jeannie T to lose custody, and Brady to lose custody, and someone with half a brain to take over caring for this child. And I'm not looking forward to the inevitable bonding moment between Daddy/Nanny. :sick:

And I'll throw in again how dumb it is that Jeannie T is living at the mansion, in the main part of the house, with the baby. Silly.

The one good thing I can say about this silly story is that it got the writers to un-DiMera John Black. Probably the best thing they did during their tenure, LOL.

Brady leaving the baby right after reaming Theresa about his time being his and wanting her gone while he had his time with the baby was horrible. Face it, if it were Theresa pawning off the baby so soon we'd be ragging on her for it. Neither of them are good parents who put the baby first.

I thought it was particularly cruel of Brady to basically tell Theresa she is not allowed to care for the baby and feed him because it was apparently "Brady's time" with the baby. There's no way that type of anger and stress isn't going to affect the baby. Either make a decision to try and be cordial or don't invite her to stay with them.

Its totally dumb. As I said yesterday, she should have taken the agreement. She would have gotten a house, money, and her baby out of the deal, and she could have manipulated Brady into coming over to see Tate all the time. Baby's got the sniffles, can you come over? Baby doesn't like pear puree, can you grab me some jars of apple and a bag of disposables? Baby has an earache and is miserable, he wants his daddy... then play happy families.

But let's face it, she's at the Kmansion because they don't want to pay for another set. In which case they should have left her in her apartment and done similar. But no, we have to rush into it, because these writers can't let anything happen slowly/organically or pace stuff right.

If there isn't some kind of tie in with the Kimberly/Victor stuff while she's living there then it'll all be a waste of time.

I do not think Brady ran out on his son. I think there was extremely poor editing done.....

Admittedly, I wasn't watching closely (that starts tomorrow!!!), but it seemed he kicked Jeannie T out, she went to work, Brady met his dad, then returned home. It could be bad editing, but is definitely bad writing.

Now why in the world could he not have brought Tate with him? Or had John meet him at home? It's like these writers had one idea and stretched it out to a year's worth of storylines.

The one who is suffering the most right now during this storyline is poor baby Tate. Both Brady and Theresa are acting very immaturely right now with no thought as to what's best for that baby. I also thought it was strange yesterday when Brady asked Theresa if she was going to work. Theresa should be on maternity leave at this time. A better use of her time would be to ask her to look into either preparing her home for Tate to live in, or to find a bigger place that would be suitable for her and Tate to live at since living in the mansion is only supposed to be temporary and for a few days. Also, if Theresa is supposed to be there to figure out how to take care of the baby, then sending her away when it is supposed to be Brady's time is just stupid.

I also agree with Cryin' that Theresa should never have agreed to move into the mansion with things the way they stand right now between Brady and Victor. She told Brady today she was too proud to ask her parents for money. She should also be too proud to want Brady to take care of her then if that is the case since they don't have a romantic relationship.

Given all the hateful, rotten, mean, underhanded evils Theresa has preformed......Brady, Maggie, Victor and anyone else that's been a receiver of her venomous tactics should keep her on a short leash. After accidentally hearing Theresa's concerns of her lack of parenting skills I think Brady is being very generous in offering to get her a better apartment, taking care of all and anything for Tate and moving her into the mansion, (although temporarily) so they can both be with Tate. Sure he's a RECOVERING addict but she will never be REFORMED witch. She's going to use that child any way she can.

When the nurse told her the history of the couple in the waiting area I bet we all could hear the wheels squeaking. I just hope she pretends Tate is sick and doesn't really hurt him or give him something to make him sick just to get Brady's affection and attention.

edited to write out word - JS

Brady told John he had something to tell him and didn't want to do it at the KMansion. Yet nobody else appeared to be home with him! I agree he should have taken Tate with him to meet John.

As for Jeannie, there is absolutely NO reason why she and the baby couldn't live in her apartment for the foreseeable future. I wanted to slap Brady through the tv when he commented about that today. Feeling the baby is in danger is one thing but the size of her seemingly 1 bedroom apartment is more than sufficient. Heck a friend's sister was living in a 1 bedroom apartment in Manhattan at 1 point with 2 parents and 3 kids under the age of 5. People make do with what they have every day. And she could have manipulated him into coming over all the time. Brady is gullible enough to fall for it.

I hope this storyline ends soon. It's not enjoyable and none of the characters are rootable. Maybe Eric and Nicole can somehow adopt and raise Tate.

After watching the end of today's show, I wonder if this story line is going
to end sooner than we think.

Right now, Tate is a pawn in each of Theresa's and Brady's game. Theresa
wants Brady.... does she really love him... for herself.. Brady wants Tate
to be taken care of, but why a nanny and not his mother.

As for Jeannie, there is absolutely NO reason why she and the baby couldn't live in her apartment for the foreseeable future. I wanted to slap Brady through the tv when he commented about that today. Feeling the baby is in danger is one thing but the size of her seemingly 1 bedroom apartment is more than sufficient. Heck a friend's sister was living in a 1 bedroom apartment in Manhattan at 1 point with 2 parents and 3 kids under the age of 5. People make do with what they have every day. And she could have manipulated him into coming over all the time. Brady is gullible enough to fall for it.
I'm sick of everyone saying that Theresa's apartment is a dump. It's a nice little one bedroom apartment. There's nothing wrong with it.

Back