Tate's best interest

The other comment I keep seeing is so they can consolidate sets. Well that's not true because they use the same set for Eve's apartment. And they can just as easily now have another character move into Jeannie's apartment in a few weeks when it becomes inevitable she is not leaving the KMansion.

Both of them are knuckleheads! Brady being the concerned father hiring a nanny that should have been and older woman. I do not want to see a nanny and Brady romp in the hay, and he does come off as being a bit of an horses butt.

And then there's Jeannie T at the hospital, no money, no room for a baby in her apartment trying to buy hundreds of dollars of dresses. Pot calling the kettle black here. For Tater bugs sake they need to call a truce and work together as a family unit.

Days most often has to use one set for multiple stories/scenes. That is why we see the overused Square so often. They have turned that Square into a "one size fits all" set. LOl
So, I can see where they have a good excuse to not have to set up Theresa's apartment for some time. They certainly would not want to have to juggle Tate back & forth. Multiple cribs, high chairs, prams, etc. Just think......despite seeing Sonny & Will's apartment a lot.....have we EVER seen Ari's bedroom? LOL

Days most often has to use one set for multiple stories/scenes. That is why we see the overused Square so often. They have turned that Square into a "one size fits all" set. LOl
So, I can see where they have a good excuse to not have to set up Theresa's apartment for some time. They certainly would not want to have to juggle Tate back & forth. Multiple cribs, high chairs, prams, etc. Just think......despite seeing Sonny & Will's apartment a lot.....have we EVER seen Ari's bedroom? LOL

But they still use the same set for Eve's apartment. We saw it today. So the show really isn't saving anything by having Jeannie live at the KMansion. All they have to do is move the same crib between 2 sets.

We saw Ari's bedroom when Sonny returned from visiting Alex.

Yep they could reuse Ari's crib etc as Tate's. Stick it in Theresa's bedroom, done.

Lets face it, the kid will spend 90% of its onscreen time in a playpen and it would be in the lounge anyway, so cost cutting in that regard isn't why. It's that they don't want to spring for a set for Brady's own house.

But they would need set people to change furniture, move it, etc. Union rules. This is why they use the same set constantly.....i.e. on Wed. the very brief shot of the Pub booth. They put it up, film all the scenes for 5 shows, so they can take it down. LOL

Gotta tell ya. It bugs the blazes out of me the way furniture is placed in these apartments. The sofa pushed up against the counter where the stove is, no kitchen table, dining table, Grab something out of the frig, take 2 steps and sit on the sofa.

I gotta say, I would trust Brady with his nanny and Maggie and multiple other people having their eyes on Tate than Theresa. I also think that she may do something to that poor baby as to get a bonding moment with Brady. She is just sick enough to poison him and claim that it must have been the nanny, which for her would be a win win. She'd claim she needed to be with him full time as she will never trust the help again. That of course is just an idea of what I see coming.

She should not be trusted with him. Brady looks to actually care about the baby (good acting Eric Martsolf/Brady) but I only see Theresa looking at her precious baby as a means to an end. I do believe that Brady is far superior, because while they are both recovering addicts. Brady is the only one who followed some steps that showed that he was serious. It doesn't surprise me that all the steps weren't shown as it is just a 1 hour TV show.

But I think Theresa is the same as she laughed off the proper steps and made fun and sneered at the 1 meeting that she was dragged into going to. Sorry this was such a long rant, but she makes my blood boil. Brady, however, does not. He has many redeemable qualities. And, as for handing his baby off to a nanny, I am sure that is how he was raised and that is just how parenting seems to be done on this show. Plus I absolutely love Eric Martsolf (Brady).

edited to add character's name - JS

Gotta tell ya. It bugs the blazes out of me the way furniture is placed in these apartments. The sofa pushed up against the counter where the stove is, no kitchen table, dining table, Grab something out of the frig, take 2 steps and sit on the sofa.

I think most apartments have open floor plans where the kitchen, dining area and living area are somewhat intersected. Some are larger than others but it's pretty common at least in my personal experience.

Best they stop with the "Tater" it's cute (sort of... in a weird way for a baby) but they need to stop before the toddler SORAS happens. Anne called him The little Tater Tot and Jeannie T called him little Tater today. Kinda cute when mommy said it.

I like Jeannie T and hope the writers give her some good qualities that show a little brighter than the ones now ...which are kind of like a dim bulb it's there but hard to see. :)

To have a sofa back up against a stove is asking for disaster. Besides food splattering, let along grease....the chances for a fire are enormous.

The poor baby is going to get called Tater all his life. Kids will do it in school, he will be teased, etc. Too bad his name is just not Donovan Black. Does he have a middle name? Because a lot of folks use their middle name (in fact, Tate's own mother seems to have done so, at least she claims to prefer it)

I think it would be in Tate's best interest for Brady to stop trying to manhandle everything and give Theresa a chance. She probably would not be so drastic about everything if he was working with her instead of against her.

Back