Tate's best interest

@JS........Agreed. Brady knows only too well what Jeannie T is capable of doing, how she thinks, plots, etc. The thing is, he feels he cannot trust her.....and he is right, as we have all seen and heard July 1st, as she giggled and told her baby she was going to use him in a scare of some kind to bring Brady "closer". Ugh.

Whether he trusts her or not, the amount of hatred and anger he and his clan spews is going to affect the baby in one way or another. All Theresa has done so far is run her mouth. Melanie didn't have to leave; she chose to. Brady is the one who had lawyers up all night writing up custody papers, got a notary and tricked Theresa into signing the second attempt (he's already waved it in her face once) and he's letting everyone treat her terribly, which will only cause more strife which will affect the baby. Theresa needs to pack up Tate and go back to her apartment. To have Brady refuse to let Theresa care for Tate when she is right there is ridiculous.

If Brady tried to get along with Theresa, she wouldn't be thinking up such drastic ways of trying to get attention. This story has no imagination. If tptb have to go this route, I think an interesting twist would be Theresa pretending something was wrong with Tate, everyone figuring it out and the nanny picking up on that and actually doing something to Tate and setting it up so she's the hero in order to turn Brady's eye. What the nanny doesn't know is that Brady is so stupid that all she has to do is bat her eyes and he'll be boinking her.

Brady definitely has his faults, has an addictive personality. Whether it has been drugs, alcohol, sex, being engaged......and it just may be he get fixated now on his son. But he is smart, is able to run a huge corporation, deal with foreign clients, etc. Just too bad he doesn't know how to shave. LOL. However, he did tell Grampa Vic that he would not be a suit & tie person if he came to work for Titan.
Jeannie is only conniving. She has proved that over and over and over. She is all about money. She will steal it, lie to get it, flirt, manipulate, whatever she needs to do. And she cannot see any other method to achieve her goals. So....to me........smart she is not. Anne is......but Theresa thinks she knows better, won't listen to Anne, or even her annoying sister Eve.

Right now, Tate is a tiny infant, who has only been in the Kmansion less than a day. He is being well taken care of, and there is no animosity being spewed in his presence. Jeannie T has already proved to be a failure at providing a safe environment for Tate at her apartment, and she has done absolutely nothing to get her apartment ready for a baby. (She could have done something like that instead of going to work, but she does NOT want to leave the Kiriakis $$$$$.

When it comes to women, Brady is dumb as a box of rocks. Just because he doesn't trust Theresa doesn't mean that the next woman who comes along and he gets a little horny won't fool him. He is too easily manipulated by women.

I'm really disappointed in Maggie in this. After the way she took in Melanie, who wasn't her grandchild, and then helped Chloe, I was hoping that she would be the one to try getting along with Theresa and that could be the start of something good. I just hope the new writers will fix this horror show of a storyline.

I can't blame Maggie on this one. Theresa essentially blackmailed her granddaughter into leaving Salem. Furthermore, Brady is like a grandson to her, and while everyone knows that Brady's no saint. Theresa was awful to him with blaming him for something she did, a la hitting John on the head with the poker.

I agree with you, SarahBeth. Maggie no longer acts like the woman I remembered and loved for many years. The old Maggie would have been more compassionate towards Theresa just like she was with Melanie (when she did not know Melanie was her granddaughter and everyone in Salem hated her after Nick was sent to prison), and Chloe after Daniel turned her and Parker out of his apartment after everyone thought Parker was Philip's son. I have always felt that Theresa was written very much like Melanie was when she first came to Salem as a premier party girl and nobody liked her. It was only after Maggie took her in that she began to change and people began to like her. I am very disappointed that after two years, nobody in Salem with the exception of Anne has been able to get through to Theresa and turn her life around.

For a person who forgave Victor and even married him after he put a hit out on her daughter Melissa thirty years ago, Maggie is not the same compassionate woman she has always been portrayed as.

Melanie was a very young teen when she came to Salem, in contrast to Jeannie T, who had family, a lot of it. Theresa was a lot older.
However Maggie feels about Theresa personally, (and she let her know) she DID make Victor listen to reason, be civil, and agree to tolerate Theresa in the house, and pretend to get along, especially in front of the baby.
Personally, I liked Brady's comment to Theresa when she moaned about everyone hating her there.....And why do you think that is?
Theresa reaps what she sows. She is a gold digger out for herself, no compassion for anyone, and already is planning on using the baby to get into Brady's bed.
Maggie has her number, and told her that privately, one on one.

Maggie has always been the compassionate one. Did she tell Victor to be civil? Sure but she couldn't even muster it up herself. Theresa has just been through something really hard. I thought at least Maggie would have recognized the fact that Theresa wasn't lying when she told Brady she was pregnant and been understanding about having the baby taken from her and then almost getting killed by crazy Kristen.

And when it came to Chloe, she almost killed Parker when she jumped off the pier and left him out in the cold.

Actually, I think Maggie was pretty civil, inasmuch as she doesn't really like Theresa, or want her in the house. Theresa does not get a single ounce of sympathy from me. She has grabbed onto guys who she thought had money, or drugs, faster than a speeding bullet. That is how easily Clint got her on a plane to Italy. Hey look, I won the lottery, let's go spend the money.
Theresa got her baby back, but only wants to use him for her own benefit.
Theresa could easily have gone to CA..where she would be welcomed with open arms. She knows exactly how everyone feels about her, and Maggie only let her know that just because she got the others to be civil, it doesn't mean she doesn't have Theresa's number. And of course, Theresa is already planning to pull something, and is not there even a day yet.

I'm ok with Maggie's bluntness right now. It's logical.

But based on her character in the past, I'd fully expect her to soften over time. But Theresa will do something stupid and get busted before that can happen.

Theresa does need some sort of mentor though. The only woman remotely in that role she's responsive to is Caroline but she's out of commission at the moment. Wish they'd put her with Kayla or something, but Kayla is probably too sweet/doesn't have a flawed enough past for Theresa to take any advice from her.

I think it would be in Tater Tot's best interest for his mother to move back home with her parents and work things out and learn to love herself. Brady is rich enough to fly back and forth until the baby is old enough to fly back and forth

I still don't get why Theresa's apartment wasn't fit for a baby. These writers should have thought beyond Melanie and screen hog Kristen before they created Tate.

edited to fix names - JS

Back