The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 55: Mad World
Chad walked into the DiMera manse to see his father. Stefano was talking to someone on the phone in Italian, but smiled as soon as he saw Chad, and abruptly ended the call.

"Chad. What can I do for you? Are you moving back in?"

"No, father, I'm still thinking about it. The housing market isn't so great. It wouldn't make sense for me to try and sell it, so I might as well stay. I have a question to ask you, though."

"Anything, son. And no, don't worry, I won't try to bribe you with it to move into the mansion." The two men laughed. Stefano poured himself some whiskey.

"I want to know more about Cameron Davis. I want to know a background check."

Stefano kept his back turned to Chad for a few moments as he sipped from his drink. He finally turned around. "Why? He hasn't given you a reason to be suspicious, has he?"

Chad knew he couldn't tell Stefano the truth about last night. Heck, Chad wasn't even supposed to know what happened. "No, but it's just to be safe. To get to know him better too."

"You two shared a half-sister, Alexandrrra," Stefano said quietly. "I can see why you two would want to get to know each other more. But why don't you just ask him about his history yourself, instead of going behind his back? He might think you don't trust him, and that won't build a good future for you two," Stefano said.

"Perhaps, but I still want a backup check. Can't I do both?"

Stefano sighed, and Chad saw a glimmer of worry in his father's eyes. What was going on with Stefano.

"Just let it go, son. Look, I've got to take a business call soon. You're free to stick around, but you'll have to wait a few minutes."

"Alright," Chad said. It seemed an easy way to change the conversation...too easy. Stefano stepped outside and began talking on the phone. Why was his father so worried about him and Cameron? Was it really for the sake of the family? Chad dialed Abigail's number.

"Abby, it's me. We should meet at the Square. Something's off about my father, and I think it has something to do with Cameron."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back