The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like DOOL used to sound when things were more under control.... I like having scenes of upcoming shows, and this is wonderful. It is like dessert, and something to look forward to.. This is a great chapter, and I like the idea of learning Nicole liked to cook, but perhaps we have a lot of things to learn of Nicole...

I have a lot of stuff planned out, and I wanted to let you know what's going down in "summer Sweeps" for my story:
-Nicole and Rafe's bond grows deeper, but is complicated by their differences and past love interests. They will bond as they try to save Nicole's baby.
-EJ tries to woo back Nicole, but does she still feel the same way?
-A supercouple loved by fans will get back together
-A tragic death rips through Salem

Down the Road:
-EJ does something dangerous that unites his family
-Abigail is torn between mysterious Cameron and changed Chad
-Daniel's relationship with Jennifer is at risk
-Gabi's relationship with Nick turns to chaos, but she refuses to let him go. This puts many lives at risk.

My goodness, this sounds exciting. I will read every word, and wonder in my mind what could possibly happen next. It is the previews at the end of the chapters as you did on this last one, that keeps people really enthralled. WoW... I do thank you DD for the previews. Sounds interesting, exciting, and I am sure you will keep us asking for more...

:clap: Wow, Dd! I love your "Summer Sweeps!" OMG, they are so much better than DOOL on screen and hint of something really meaty to look forward to! Can't wait for Rafe & Nicole to start their search for the baby... keep up the excellent work, you have me so hooked! :clap:

Chapter 53: Apologize
Abigail was getting out of the elevator and ready to go over to Cameron's place when she heard a shouting down the hall. As soon as she stepped out of the elevator, Abby hid behind the fake tree in the hallway and listened. She instantly recognized Cam's voice.

"No, nobody knows what I did, for the billionth time! Now stop calling me, I already did what you hired me to do!" Cameron was rolling his eyes and pacing around the hallway. Abigail tried to peek more, but the plastic leaves rustled, and Cameron turned to look. Abby hid behind the tree. Cameron started to walk towards the tree, but a voice on the other line of the phone distracted him.

"I told you to stay away from Abigail! She has nothing to do with this, so leave her out of it!"

Abby tensed upon hearing her name. What is he hiding from me?

"I took care of it, don't worry. Nobody suspects a thing." Cameron promptly hung up the phone. Suddenly, Abigail didn't feel like going over to Cam's place. She quietly walked the other direction, managing to stay out of Cameron's sight. She quickly texted him that she wasn't going to make it, as she was swamped with studying for finals. Abigail took the stairs and ran quickly out of the apartment. She turned around to make sure she wasn't being followed, but bumped into someone.

"Abigail? What are you doing here?"

"Chad!" Abby was surprised to see her ex standing right in front of her.

"I thought you knew, I moved in," Nicole told Sami, annoyed.

"I can see that," Sami snarked viciously. "But what I don't get is why you're making a candlelight dinner for your friend, Rafe."

Nicole felt a stab. She knew that Sami was partly right: friends didn't make candlelight dinners for each other. "It's none of your business, Sami. Y'know, maybe you'd have a better attitude if you stopped sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. And I certainly don't have to justify myself to you."

"Wow, and I thought you actually cared about my brother," Sami said, rolling her eyes and barging into the loft. "But here you are, five minutes after he wakes up and dumps you, ready to seduce Rafe."

"I'm not trying to seduce him, Sami. I'm still trying to move on from Eric, believe it or not." Nicole moved closer to Sami. "But even if I was trying to get with Rafe, you have no business criticizing me after you've been making whoopie with half the men in Salem."

Sami snorted and rolled her eyes, turning away.

"What are you here for anyways?"

"I came by to apologize to Rafe, and see when he wants to spend time with the kids."

"OK, well I'll tell him you dropped by," Nicole said. "You're free to go now."

Sami narrowed her eyes. "Excuse me? I used to live here, you don't get to dismiss me! I'm not going anywhere."

"Well, Sami, you don't live here anymore, I do, so yeah, I kinda do get to tell you when to leave."

Sami chuckled. "Well I think you just want me to go because you worry that Rafe will forget you're even here when I'm in the room. You're afraid your little Suzy Homemaker plant to woo him won't work if I'm here." Sami smirked as Nicole rolled her eyes.

"Like I said, I don't want Rafe that way. But if I did, Sami, I'd have nothing to worry about, because Rafe's seen you for the trollop you are." Nicole leaned closer to Sami as she spat out the venomous last few words. Sami got mad and slapped Nicole. Nicole slapped her back. The two women went at each other, ripping their hair out and yelling. The door opened and shut behind them.

"Hey! What the hell's going on here!?"

They stopped fighting and saw Rafe standing in the doorway, his arms folded.

COMING UP:
-Rafe and Sami have words
-Chad tries to get Abigail to confide in him

Ok DD, you have my undivided attention, and what a chapter. I know the writers of the version they put on the television should read your chapters of this story, and they could cry all the way back to their offices. They come up with nothing that compare, nor do any of them come close... Nice job DD.

Welcome back Noel... Missed you...:cry: Hope all is better, and you are on the mend.:) :hug:

Thanks everyone for the kind words and for continuing to read my tales! It motivates me to write more and more. I'm so happy y'all love them, reading the comments makes my day! I always try to think of what would make the audience happiest in terms of material.

See how all the sweet talk makes you do what we want, and helps us to feed the desire for more of your diet food. It seems easier each time... Thanks for the tidbit.. and I will be in touch...

Good Night for now....

I liked writing it. Missy Reeves (Jennifer) said in an issue of SOD that she wishes Nicole and Jennifer were friends, and she thinks the two women have soft spots for each other. My idea for that scene came from there.

Chapter 54: You and I
"I was just gonna go talk to Cam, but I don't think I'm gonna meet him tonight. I'm too busy. What about you?"

"I was just walking through. I like to go for some nice long walks, clear my head a bit from the day's events...You look a bit upset, Abigail. Is something wrong?"

"Abby hesitated to talk to Chad. Maybe she just misunderstood, or stuck her nose where it didn't belong, like Maggie. But maybe she was right to be worried.

"Yes. I went up to the hall, but I heard Cameron making this weird, urgent-sounding, shady phone call, and he mentioned me. He told the other person on the line to 'leave me out of this'." Abby used the finger quotations as she spoke. "He didn't see me, so I just left and texted him that I couldn't make it tonight. But he almost caught me eavesdropping!"

"Maybe you're just overreacting," Chad suggested. But Abby could tell from his eyes that he knew something must be suspicious or wrong.

"That's what I thought too, but we're always so honest with each other. Look, I don't confront him about it. Otherwise he'd know I eavesdropped, and be mad at me."

"Well, you two wanted to be honest with each other. You've a right to be mad! He's keeping a secret! You know what? I'm gonna go talk to him right now!" Chad started to walk forward, but Abby stopped him by placing her hand on his stomach. He looked down, and they shared a moment.

"You can't! He'll know I told you!"

"No, I can say I was the one who overheard him."

"Chad, please. I don't want your family connection ruined! Just do a background check on him," Abby pleaded. "Make sure he has no enemies that might be bothering him. You're a DiMera, afterall. You can easily get that done."

"I'm not like the rest of my family," Chad said.

"I know. I know that better than anyone!" Abby and Chad gazed into each other's brown eyes, smiling.

"Thanks. But for you, I'll do it. I'll call you tomorrow afternoon with whatever I find."

"Thank you, thank you so much! You're the best!" Abigail hugged Chad, and he hugged her back. Then, they let go and he departed.

"Sami, what the hell are you doing here?" Rafe yelled. He seemed angry, but his mad face was directed not at Nicole, but at his ex.

"I came by to talk to you, and lo and behold, this one is setting up candles on your table with dinner! What, Nicole, have you become so pathetic that you're turned into a maid?"

"Well, it takes pathetic to know pathetic!" Nicole snarked. The two women almost went at each other again, but Rafe stepped between them.

"Sami, what's going on here is none of your business!"

"Well, what exactly is it that's 'none of my business'? Seems like you've taken up with Nicole!"

"No one's taken up with anyone." Rafe shouted.

"Sami, the truth is, I quit my job, and then EJ learned I was staying at the hotel. Rafe's being a good friend and good Samaritan, as usual, by taking me in, provided I help out here a bit."

"And you expect me to believe you? Everyone knows you're a liar, Nicole!"

"And you're Honest Abe?" Rafe defended her. Sami looked down with shame, and Rafe looked at her with disgust. "You're nothing but a hypocrite," Rafe said in a demeaning tone.

"Rafe, I'm begging you, kick her out! She'll ruin your life! She does it to every man!"

"Well, Sami, on the contrary, I think the title of 'relationship screw-up' belongs to you," Nicole countered.

"Sami, Nicole has changed. And I enjoy her company. But I appreciate your 'concern'. Now, just go. Nicole and I need to eat our dinner, and my appetite is going away every minute you're here."

Sami looked a bit taken aback. Nicole could tell she was saddened by Rafe's harsh attitude towards her, but she put on an angry face as she stormed out of the loft and slammed the door shut, like an irritated child. Nicole didn't pity her. Sami had brought it upon herself.

"Rafe, I'm sorry. I thought you'd come home, and of course Sami was there instead, and ruined everything like she always does-"

"It's fine, Nicole," Rafe said quietly, looking away. "I don't blame you. And thanks for the dinner. Smells good, looks good."

"And it'll taste good. But thanks for the compliments. I enjoyed making it." Nicole smiled. "Now, let's eat."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back