The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem, haha. Even though I'm rooting for Daniel and Jennifer, I always hated how she didn't grieve properly and how she jumped down Nicole's throat for being with Daniel. In other words, Jennifer turned into Sami 2.0

Yes, that is why there's a pre-emption in addition to my work. However, if I do it midnight (techincally tomorrow), will work. I'm probably staying up late again anyways. Enjoy mother's day everyone!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all! And in my story, Nikki will be getting a nice Mother's Day Gift too!:wink:

Chapter 49: Everything You Want
Nicole woke up as the bright light from the sun shafted through the shades. She looked at her clock and saw the time was 7:00 AM. She got dressed as quickly as she could, and grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen, hoping to be out of the loft early today. She had to meet Rafe at work, as she remembered he wanted to talk to her about Daniel Rafael today in his office. Nicole knew Rafe was an early riser, and was likely already sipping Egger's coffee and eating donuts at the station. But as soon as she opened the door, there stood a grinning EJ.

"Early bird catches the worm, Nikki," he said.

"Good morning, EJ. I didn't think you'd rise this morning so early."

"Don't you remember how you were always the last one to wake when we were married?" He said, seemingly hurt that she forgot.

"That's right," Nicole said, uncomfortable. "What're you doing here? Are you having your men spy on me again?"

"You know I keep tabs on people I care about," he defended himself.

"And people you don't trust," Nicole snarked.

"I'm sorry. But when they said you weren't at the hotel, I got scared. I'm glad you're safe. Although I'm sure you could've worked out some way to live somewhere better," said EJ, curious, with a hint of jealousy in his eyes.

"Rafe said I can stay here, as long as I keep my room clean and eventually buy groceries," she laughed. EJ forced a smile.

"Well, that was mighty gracious of him," he said aggressively. But Nicole didn't want to give him the satisfaction of arguing.

"Yes, it was, I agree. He's the best guy I know. I'm lucky to be his friend." Nicole could tell EJ was getting upset. "So why were you worried about me anyways?"

EJ hesitated. "Well, because the children miss you, and you were a mess after the breakup with Eric."

Nicole felt a pang in her heart. She hadn't seen Eric since that frigid day by the river, and her heart hurt thinking about him. "Well, I'm getting better with each passing day. Look, EJ, I've gotta go, but I appreciate you concern, and the kids'. Tell them I'll be by this afternoon," Nicole said. She and EJ walked out as she locked the door and hurried over to Rafe's.

Rafe looked up from his computer at the knock of the door. Nicole opened up, an anxious look on her face. "Hey," she said. "We've got a problem."

"What is it?"

'EJ's men found me. EJ stopped by this morning as I was leaving. He apparently was worried about me, since I'd gone off his radar and everything after being dumped by Father Holier-Than-Thou," Nicole said with a bit of bitterness. "I told him I'd stop by later, for Sydney and Johnny. Apparently, they miss me."

"Well, that's good, you miss them too, I can tell." Rafe smiled. "While you may not trust EJ, I doubt he'd hurt you. Well, sort of." The two friends shared a good laugh. Nicole looked at Rafe's mouth for a minute, and realized that she'd almost kissed that. His perfect, red lips. And part of her wished she'd gone through with it. But she was also glad she hadn't.

"So, what's the news on Daniel Rafael?"

"Well, we've confirmed he's in the Cuban countryside, not too far from Havana. And he's being kept by some drug dealers, G-d knows why."

"Well, that's reassuring," laughed the sarcastic Nicole.

"Well, we've only got one shot at this," Rafe told her seriously. "We're gonna go in a month. We're flying into Cancun first, as planned. And we're doing it the first week of next month."

Nicole nodded, considering the graveness of the situation. "Alright, I'm in," she said. "And I won't tell anyone."

"Good," said Rafe.

"Well, I'm gonna go out for a coffee and then go back home. I'll see you soon?"

"Yeah," Rafe said. Nicole grabbed the door handle.

"Nicole, wait," said Rafe. She turned around and looked at him. Rafe smiled at her.

"Happy Mother's Day."

Nicole grinned, as did Rafe. "Thanks," she said, and she left. Closing the door, she smiled as she'd never done before, and left the station, unable to contain the excitement of holding her child for the first time.

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!

Chapter 50: Accidentally In Love
EJ had finished his last paperwork on his resignation for Countess W. He sat back and sighed, wondering what he was thinking by begging Kristen to give her job to him. Had he really changed so much just for the likes of Sami Brady? EJ was glad his head was straight again. Just then, a knock at the door sounded, and his sister, all dressed in pink, showed up.

"Good morning," Kristen said in a sing-song-y voice.

"Morning, Kristen," EJ said. "What're you doing here?"

"Hoping to get my job back," she said. "I'm just so glad that you've quit. I've really come to like this job. Plus, I hated seeing you toy with makeup and wear bad clothes." The two siblings shared a laugh.

"Well, I've quit, you're welcome to have it back," EJ said. "Thanks for helping me, sister, but I've come to my senses. Samantha and I are horrible together."

"Gollly G, looks like he finally got it!" Kirsten sarcastically said, adding applause. "EJ, Sami is trash. She's not for you. And really the only woman for you was Nicole, the woman you fell for by mistake, or accident, should I say," Kristen told him. "Looks like the saying's true. You don't know a good thing 'till it's gone."

"Perhaps," EJ said. "But Nicole and I have a tarnished past. I hope we can eventually work things out. By the way, how'd you learn I'm interested in Nikki?"

"Well, I see how you look at her. Even when you were with Sami, there was something there."

"True. So how are things with Brady? He seems rather distant at the mansion."

"Well," Kristen muttered, looking down, "we've been fighting a lot. There was this forged letter, from Father, but I know it's not him. Brady thinks I somehow might have something to do with it."

"Well, for goodness sakes, dump the guy! He doesn't trust you, so why do you want him?" EJ told her. His experience in these type of situations helped him be able to give his sister some advice, the same way she'd helped him win back Sami before.

"It's not that simple. We just need to work it out. I can't be changing my love interest every week like you do," Kristen giggled. EJ couldn't help but smile.

"I have a feeling you wouldn't have liked Taylor," he joked.

"So do I, but I don't like any of the women you've been with," Kristen reminded him.

"So why did you push me to Samantha, and what's with this talk of Nicole?" EJ asked.

"Well, I just wanted to make you shut up and be happy, for Sami," Kristen said. "As for Nicole, I've always thought both of you were two peas in a pod, even if she is a flawed, trampy person. But according to a lot of people, she's changed."

"Hopefully not too much," EJ said. "So, Kristen, be honest with me...does this thing with Brady have anything to do with perhaps some revenge plan against John and Marlena?"

Kristen turned around, drinking her bottle of water a little bit. "No," she lied. "Brady and I are serious about this. We have strong feelings for each other."

"So," EJ began, "it's not just some sexual fling?"

"Of course not!" Kristen said, whipping around and looking offended. "Look, I know it'll be hard, and I've told this to Brady too, but please try to get along? I did the same for you and Sami, and if you win back Nicole, I'll do the same for her."

"Thanks," EJ said, cracking a smile. "I'll do my best. I think you'd better worry about Fatha." The two siblings laughed.

"Well, I'd better go," EJ said. "Nicole's coming by for the children later. I'll see you soon."

"See you soon, Eej." The two siblings hugged before EJ left the room.

Chapter 51: Sweet Dreams
Gabi grabbed her small bag she had packed last night and headed down the stairs of the mansion. She tiptoed, trying to make out the next step in the dark. It was midnight, and Nick was fast asleep. Gabi knew she had to leave immediately. Nick had been acting weird, and was very rough with her. Today they had argued, and Nick grabbed her arms too tightly and wouldn't let go, despite Gabi's pleading. She began to think of how Will warned her about Nick, as did Rafe. Gabi finally got to the bottom of the stairs and quietly opened the door. She snuck outside quietly and closed the door. Then, Gabi headed to her car and drove as quickly as she could.

Abigail woke up on the sofa. She could've sworn that she'd just heard a knock at the door. Abby headed over to the peephole, and was surprised to see Gabi there. She opened the door.

"Gabi? What're you doing here?"

"Sorry to wake you," Gabi told her friend. "Can I come in? I really need somewhere to stay tonight, maybe for a few days even."

"Yeah, sure," Abigail whispered. Gabi came inside and the door closed before any of the heat in the house could be let out.

"What's going on?" Abigail asked quietly. The two girls sat down on the sofa. Gabi tried to hold back her tears as she told Abigail what happened.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to talk badly about your cousin, but I'm worried he's gonna go off the edge and hurt me," Gabi said. "And with this baby, I can't risk it."

"Wow," Abby said. "Yes, Gabi, stay here as long as you'd like. I'm sure it'll pass, though. Nick's been acting weirdly, but he loves you and the baby so much, and I doubt he'd hurt you."

"Maybe you're right," Gabi said. "He's just so controlling, but it's probably the stress. I believe in him, and I love him. I'm probably overreacting."

"Look, if you're really worried, maybe you should tell Rafe, I mean, he can scare Nick more than anyone else, I think," Abigail joked. It managed to get Gabi to smile.

"Yeah, I thought about asking him to stay with him, but Nicole moved in there."

"Oh," Abby said with a weird look on her face. "That's weird. But I'm sure she'd understand and leave if Rafe told her to."

"No, I don't want her to leave. And she'd have nowhere to go. Worst-case scenario, I could go back to my room at the Pub, I guess."

"Stay here, Gabi. You're welcome here for a while, and I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind at all."

"Thank you, Abigail. You're the best," Gabi exclaimed. The two friends hugged. Gabi sighed, relieved, but she hoped that Nick would start acting better soon.

Wow DD. That is a great choice of where to camp out for a few nights, and maybe by then, you will act like a great big stork, and help Deliver this baby where she belongs, with her mommy. Now that is Special Delivery...Great addition. Good luck on the next few days. I know I was talking to a couple of seniors here, and they were telling me how stressful it is right now, and all I could think of while they were telling of school, was my buddy DD. Know we are with you, and God helps too. I will keep you on that prayer list...

Chapter 52: Beautiful Day
Nicole had just finished her interview with Seth Burns and knocked on the door to Rafe's office. Hope stood across the room, rolling her eyes and smiling at Nicole's constant visits. She was relieved that Rafe had a close friend after the disaster that was Sami, her niece from hell.

Rafe opened his door to a grinning Nicole. "Hey, what's up?"

"What's up?" Nicole said. "Don't you remember? Today's the day! The day! I had that interview with Mr. Burns at the hospital."

"Oh, that's right! I hope Jennifer or Daniel didn't embarrass you in front of him," he joked. Nicole playfully hit his shoulder.

"Actually, I got the job!" Nicole started her little up and down jumping that Rafe always found himself smiling and laughing at.

"That's great! Congratulations!" Rafe hugged her, and Nicole returned the hug. Nicole felt herself blushing as her body heated up. Was it from being in close proximity to another person? Or was it just the warmth she always felt around Rafe? Either way, it made her smile, and comfortable in his gentle but strong arms. Rafe felt his heart beat fast, his legs getting a bit wobbly, but he didn't care. They broke apart.

"Thanks," Nicole said. "So, I thought, to celebrate, I would make us a nice dinner."

"Uh-oh, you're cooking? I'll get the fire extinguisher beforehand!" Rafe joked, laughing.

"Hey! That's not funny!" But Nicole smiled anyways. "Also, " she said quietly, looking around to make sure nobody was close enough to hear. "Since I landed the job, I can keep an eye on Cameron. Maybe I can eavesdrop on some of these phone calls he's probably making, see what he's up to, maybe if there's any information we're missing about my baby."

"Good idea," Rafe said. "Hey, listen, I've gotta get back to work. It's been a real busy day, but congratulations! I'm happy for you, I really am. I'll see you later."

"Yeah, sure thing." Nicole gave Rafe a quick kiss on the cheek, making things a bit awkward. They both smiled a little, but Nicole turned around and left.

Hope walked up to Rafe and smiled slyly. "So now I know why you get distracted so much here," she teased him."

"What?" Rafe laughed. "I don't know what you're talking about!"

"OK," Hope said in her disbelieving voice. "Whatever you say." She walked off into her office.

Nicole set the table with a nice, clean white tablecloth and put some candles on the table. She quickly assembled the chicken, green beans and salad on her plate and Rafe's, and set them up in the house. Then, she got to her favorite part: making the dirty martinis! She plopped the olives in the glass as a finishing touch and put the glasses down on the table. The smell of dinner made her mouth water...or maybe it was that hug she shared with him at the office that did?
No, no, get those thoughts out of your head, Nikki, she thought to herself. A knock at the door sounded, and Nicole took off the apron and hung it up.

"One second!" She thought it might be Rafe, so she put the lighter on the table. Nicole opened the door, and there stood someone she didn't expect to show up at Rafe's place.

"Sami, what are you doing here?" Nicole asked.

"I could say the same thing," Sami sternly said, with a hint of jealousy in her eyes as she saw the tablescape.

NEXT:
-Sami and Nicole have a showdown about Rafe
-Abigail overhears a suspicious phone call made by Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back