The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 71: Kokomo
Nicole just got out of the shower. She'd gone for a night swim because, from the anxiety, she'd been so energetic and didn't know what else to do. She quickly dressed in her pajamas and got on the computer. Opening up Skype, she saw that her sister was online. The chat room opened up. "Hi Taylor!" Nicole said, smiling.

"Hey! How have you been, Nicole? We haven't talked in ages!"

"I know! Sorry about that, I've just been so busy. Moving in with Rafe, my new job at the hospital, all that jazz. What's new with you?"

"Well, I'm just getting ready for a move from Sydney. I've gotten all packed up, not 100% sure where I'm gonna end up next, though, but you know me, always on the move!"

"Yeah, you love traveling," Nicole pointed out. "But I thought you also love Sydney, and Quinn?"

"I do, but we broke up again. We're just too different, and he wants to stay here. It'd be kind of awward living in the same city as him, I think. Besides, Sydney's just too expensive."

"I hear ya on that one! I've read a lot of articles about how much it costs. So where are you thinking of going next?"

"Maybe Vancouver, or Toronto," Taylor began, "but Vancouver is also really costly. I've also thought of London and Tel Aviv, but I still have a lot to consider."

"Well, the weather is nice in Tel Aviv, and those Israeli men on the beach...I'd go there!"

"Speaking of men, how's your love life?"

"It's...interesting. There might be a potential suitor, but it's kind of complicated. There's a lot to talk about with him."

"Who is it? Why're you so secretive?" Taylor asked.

Nicole sighed. "I'l tell you when I'm sure there is a future for us, if there is."

"Well, that might be soon," Taylor said, "because I've gotten to thinking, and I am also considering moving back to Salem. For good."

Oh DD I think that would make a wonderful happening. That town can use all the potential marrying aged girls they can come up with.... Things are coming together Chief. I like where they are going.... I will be back at you soon....

Chapter 72: I Love It
"You're thinking about returning to Salem?" Nicole asked, shocked. A lot had happened when Taylor returned-a lot of negative stuff, that is-but even more had happened since she left. "Wow, this is news! Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Well, I don't know. I guess that our history made me think twice."

"Oh, sis, you know that's in the past. EJ is in the past, Quinn is in the past, we can have a fresh start! You should come back!"

"Maybe, we'll see. Nothing's for sure yet. Anyways, I'd better go, I'm really late for running errands on time for my schedule. But I'll Skype you later."

"OK. Talk soon," Nicole said quietly.

"Bye," Taylor said. The connection closed and Nicole sighed as she shut the laptop. A lot was happening for her right now. She was going to bring her baby home to his family, and she'd be forced to mend bridges with EJ completely. Her sister was potentially on her way back to Salem, plus, Nicole had a new job. And then there was Rafe...Could this be the beginning of a very bright future for her?

Rafe looked back and saw that the guard was still looking in the direction he'd thrown the rock. Rafe stood up tall and growled. The dogs fled in fear, whining, with their tails tucked between their legs. He crept behind a few empty crates as the guard began searching elsewhere with his light. Rafe scanned the horizon and saw a small house with lights on. He heard the quiet cry of a baby. Although he couldn't be sure it was Daniel Rafael, he knew he had no choice but to get inside. Rafe found a crowbar among the debris near the crates and picked it up, as his pocketknife wouldn't do much good as a weapon. He crawled closer to the compound and, once the guard's possible view of him was obscured by the wall, Rafe stood up and began tiptoeing towards the window on the side of the house. Rafe looked and saw a baby with blue eyes and dark hair. Nicole had taken a picture of Daniel Rafael on her phone before he was taken away, just for memories, and had shown Rafe once before. Even though he was bigger, Rafe could tell that this was definitely the same baby.

Walking around the corner, Rafe was able to get closer to the front entrance. He saw a young, skinny-looking woman holding the crying child and a man with a pistol in his belt nearby, making a phone call. The man walked closer to the door as Rafe moved over a bit. He saw through the crack in the door that the man had his back to him. Now's my chance! Rafe thought. He opened the door with such swiftness that the door slammed into the man, knocking him unconscious and sending him to the ground. The woman screamed, but Rafe started to take a crying Daniel Rafael from her. She tried pulling, but Rafe managed to get him out of her grip. The man on the ground started to wake up, but Rafe hit him over the head with the crowbar, taking the gun from his belt and trying to make his way out. The woman screamed and threw a kitchen knife towards Rafe. His shoulder was slightly cut, but the knife missed it's mark and stuck itself in the wall. Rafe looked and saw that the pistol had a silencer. He shot the woman in the knee, sending her crumpling to the ground, and quickly ran out of the compound. Duck-walking quickly towards the gap in the fence, Rafe was relieved to see that the two dogs had been chained up, and even more relieved that the baby was no longer crying. Rafe aimed the gun at the guard and shot him in the head. The guard's body fell out of the tower and onto the ground. The other posts were towards the front of the compound, and didn't hear anything. Rafe ran from the main entrance quickly to the car. He managed to buckle in the baby and then, after a rushing, he sped away in his car.

:D Welcome Back, you have been greatly missed for about three days..
Please don't let that little twit Taylor come back to Salem, let her stay with her drug dealer, Quinn.
Please allow Ej to be a part of little DR's life

thanks for such riveting story

DD You cover your fanny though if you mail anything to any one. It is a good enough story to maybe check with a lawyer, if you know one. Once you send it, wave at it and throw it a kiss farewell.

My goodness Chief, it is so good to have you back to feed us this rich nourishing story chapters. I loved it, and thank you for fixing what ever had to be fixed on the computer... Sure have missed you. I am having palpitations waiting for the next chapter, when Nicole should be able to meet her son for the first time, and this time, alive.... What a wonderful happening. Good luck to him, until they get to heck out of Dodge...Going well, and most intriguing. You have our attention....

:clap: Welcome back Dd.... I'm catching up myself.... just love all the chapters and this last one had me nervous! It's so good...and I can't wait for Nicole to be reunited with little Daniel Rafael! Your descriptions are so vivid, we see Rafe in action mode! It's excellent work! :clap:

Chapter 73: Unthinkable (I'm Ready)
The sound of a door opening woke Nicole from her slumber. She took the blankets off of her and walked towards the door, wiping the sleep from her eyes. But any thoughts she'd had of sleeping went away immediately as her eyes widened. She saw Rafe standing at the front door, removing his shoes with his feet and putting a finger up to his lips saying 'shh'. Nicole teared up as she saw a chubby, sleeping baby with dark hair, wearing a blue onesie. Nicole started to cry a bit, but also laughed and smiled at the same time. She approached Rafe quietly. "Go to mama," Rafe whispered to Daniel Rafael. He handed the child over to his mother.

"Hi there! You have no idea how much you were missed, little guy! I'm your mama, and I promise, I will always put you first and take care of you. I love you so much, and I know your daddy does too! He missed you very much! And you'll be meeting him soon. My gosh, you look just like him!" Nicole held onto him for what seemed like eternity, as she sat back on the sofa and began lightly rocking him. Rafe was standing back and smiling a bit, recounting to Nicole the tale of what happened.

"Are you sure you're OK from that cut?"

"It looks worse than it is," Rafe said. "Don't worry, I'm tough!" The two friends shared a laugh.

"I know. Rafe, I can't even begin to thank you enough for what you've done."

"You don't have to," Rafe told her. The baby began to stir and fuss a bit, so Nicole took him to one of the the guest rooms, and buckled him back in the baby car seat, which Rafe had brought inside a few moments ago. Nicole returned to the living room area.

"He's asleep. I'm glad I've been getting rest because I know that he'll be waking up a lot in the middle of the night," joked Nicole.

"You bet! He's so precious," Rafe said.

"Yeah," Nicole told him. "When we go back to Salem, nothing will be the same. I'll have the family I've always wanted. Me, the baby, Johnny & Sydney, and EJ."

Rafe sighed. "I know you want EJ to be in his life, but do you really want him in yours?"

"Not in that way," Nicole said. "I was so stupid to take him back in the first place."

"It wasn't your fault," Rafe said. "EJ is dangerous and seductive. I've seen how he plays his games with other women, like Kate, Sami and your sister."

"Well, I am not in the picture for him anymore," Nicole said. "We can be friends, but that's where I draw the line."

"I'm glad. Hey, if he ever tries to do something to your or Daniel Rafael, just let me know. I'll do what I can."

"Thanks, but I'm not sure that'll be necessary. But Rafe, there is something I wanna ask of you, if that's OK. I mean, I know I've asked so much of you already..."

"Go ahead, shoot," Rafe told her, smiling. Even in her pajamas, Nicole was very beautiful. Rafe couldn't see why or how EJ could've screwed up with her so frequently and easily.

"Well, he's named after you, and you saved him, so...I just want you to be in his life. His godfather. We can have the ceremony back in town."

"Wow, that's an honor," said Rafe. He really did love the child, but wasn't sure if this was the right idea. "I'm flattered, Nicole, but how do you think EJ will feel about this?"

"You two might not ever be friends," Nicole began, "but you just saved his son. I'm sure EJ is willing to bury the hatchet, at least just this once, and accept that. It's really up to me, anyways," Nicole said, smiling. She rested her hand on Rafe's. He sighed.

"Of course, I will be his godfather," Rafe told her. They hugged. "I love that baby. You know, when we thought he died, and I went back to the loft, I was actually crying! For you, for him, for EJ, even, but mostly because I'd begun to look forward to raising this baby with you. I love the both of you so much.And I will always be here for you both, whenever you need me. If you do." Rafe locked eyes with Nicole, and they moved closer. They kissed, and began kissing again. Nicole started to unbutton Rafe's shirt, trailing kisses up his stomach, his chest, and eventually his neck. Rafe did the same for her after taking off her shirt, exposing nothing but her bra and yoga pants. "I'd wanted to pick up where we left off," Rafe laughed.

"And right now, I want nothing more than that," Nicole whispered. Rafe picked her up and brought her to the bedroom. They started to make out as Rafe gently laid her on the bed and unbuckled his belt, taking a condom out of his wallet in the jeans he was slipping off. Nicole started to undress herself too. In no time, both Rafe and Nicole were under the blankets. When they weren't kissing, their lips hovered just inches apart. Rafe started to grunt a bit as Nicole let out a few sighs. They were getting hot and a bit sweaty from the passion. Nicole wrapped her legs around Rafe's waist, running her hand from his abs up to his neck. Physically, Nicole was in ecstasy, but emotionally, it was on a whole 'nother level. She really cared deeply for Rafe, and always wanted him to be in her life. He'd sacrificed so much for her and Daniel Rafael, and had been there for her when nobody else was. Rafe had proved over and over again that he was the right man for her. That there was no other man that even came close.

For Rafe, Nicole was amazing in bed. But even more than that, she was everything that he'd ever wanted. He loved her. He loved Daniel Rafael. From her dry and witty humor to her caring heart underneath the tough-girl persona, Rafe loved everything about her. And this was their time. What had once been unthinkable had now become a reality. Nobody stood in their way. There was no Sami, no EJ, no Daniel, and no Eric. Just him and Nicole, and they were ready for whatever came next.

Whew..... that one is steamy, wonderful, exciting, breath taking, precious, humbling, absolutely heart grabbing. Oh DD I think that chapter was worth waiting for, praying for, pining for, and awaiting the dessert to go with the meal.. How very precious this chapter is. Thank you for the time and effort it takes for you to do all this, but you have got to have a wonderful gleam in your heart to know that we accept every word that you the Author puts in front of us, and I cannot and do not accept the crap on the tube, that the "professional" writers have for us to believe, and the contents of what is there is just the crap we were afraid of. I love to come in and follow along in the story in the Writers Bench, with what DD has in store for us... Thanks Chief

Wow! Just a fantastic chapter, Dd! Thanks so much for putting into words what so many of us want so much to see on screen! Your words give us wonderful images and this chapter was a beautiful gift with a huge red bow! Simply loved it! :love:

@Dd.. This story is truly Emmy worthy material... WOW.. Please give Nicole her own place, something DAYS has never given her,she is always leaving off or shacking up with others.
I want her independent at her own place raising her son..Rafe/Ej can visit
I can't wait for Ej to hold him in his arms...Stefano better NOT throw words like his Dimera heir garbage..
Ej-Nicole are his parents and should be good co-parents without war or custody battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back