The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 64: Waiting for Tonight
The sound of the doorbell ringing brought Abigail out of her stage of relaxation. She turned off her Above & Beyond trance music on her Ipod and headed downstairs, opening the door to Chad.

"Chad! Hi!"

"Hey, I brought a bottle of wine."

"Thanks, I'll go put it at the table," Abby said, taking the bottle from his hands.

"I hope I'm OK to be here. Daniel and your mom don't seem too forgiving of me, or my family."

"Oh, you'll be fine. C'mon in! Everyone's outside barbecuing!' Abigail took Chad by the hand and dragged him inside as he kicked the door shut. She opened the screen door to the backyard as soon as they crossed the room. Jennifer was talking to Daniel about some hospital business as he was sipping from his beer and turning over the burgers. JJ was sitting down and playing PSP in a lounge chair. They all looked up and saw Chad.

"Hello," Jennifer said. "I didn't know Abby invited you."

"Happy Memorial Day..." Chad said. He seemed to take notice of Jennifer's iciness. Abigail gave her mother a look.

"Welcome, Chad," Daniel said, not even turning to look at the newcomer.

"Chad brought a bottle of wine. It's sitting at the table."

"How did you get a bottle of wine? You're only 19," said Daniel.

"EJ bought it for me," Chad said. Jennifer made a face, clearly showing she wasn't pleased about the DiMeras and their crimes.

"Look, I know I've some bad stuff, but I've changed. I'm still friends with Abby. And I hope we can move on."

"Of course you can," Abigail said, turning from Chad to Jennifer. "My mom's made plenty of mistakes too, so she understands."

Jennifer caught wind and smiled. "It's in the past. Let's move forward. Chad, this is JJ, my youngest," Jennifer said, putting a hand on his shoulder. JJ looked up and waved.

"Hey, dude," Chad said, holding his hand up. "What'cha playing?"

"Some racing game," JJ told him. "You like it?"

"Yeah," Chad said. As the boys got to talking, Daniel went to check on Parker, who was sitting on the Playschool table and coloring. Abby walked over.

"So, are Brady and Rafe coming over?" Abby asked.

"I called Rafe, but he didn't answer his phone. Neither did Nicole. It was kinda weird. And Brady's having a bit of a rough time. He and Kristen had a huge fight and broke up, so he's not really in the mood for festivities. What about Cam? Will he be joining us?"

"I don't think so," Abigail said, looking down.

Daniel and Jennifer went to tuck in Parker, and Chad was using the bathroom. The barbecue had tasted good, and Abigail was glad that everyone had said prayers for those who gave their lives for the country. JJ walked up to her.

"So...Chad," he said. He raised his eyebrows, and Abigail rolled her eyes. She knew what that look meant.

"We're just friends," Abby told him.

"Then why does judgy Cameron get nervous everytime you bring him up? You and Chad used to date, Abigail, I know that. And I saw how you two were ogling at each other and playing footsie under the table."

"Would you stop?" Abigail knew she was blushing and couldn't stop herself from smiling anymore.

"Oh my G-d, you like him! Well, I think he feels the same way. And if I was you, I'd dump that ol' doctor your dating. He's such a borefest. Chad, on the other hand, is really cool." JJ patted Abigail on the shoulder and walked away. Chad came out of the bathroom and smiled at Abigail. She smiled back at him.

:) Thanks Safe and sound... she is the subject of a lot of laughter, and a lot of money lost and won on will she or will she not....? Yea, she usually does....:):rotfl::clap:

Congratulations my little leader. Your troops will await with baited chomps to sink our minds around another chapter.... I am so proud of you DD. I think your achievements of writing this story that we all love, and,,,, I say and,,, AND your graduation from school. We do expect for you to break down and bring in some revealing pictures, maybe with the shoulder of the gown off one shoulder or something.... Oh yes lift one pant leg and stick it out from under the gown as the camera takes the picture,, I Really Look Forward to your return... Enjoy this last part of your High School Career though little leader, for the time of the future is extended out in front of you, and the page turns, the time of High School is over, the page turns, and now young man, you are another person. The same inside,,, different outside.. College awaits.. But we welcome you here every chance you will have. I am very proud of you....

Noel.... I love the picture of Jack... Much nice.. He was so different, and there is no way Dan will out do jack...

Nice picture for Avatar...

Chapter 65: Fallin' For You
Nicole and Rafe finally finished unpacking, showering and brushing their teeth. They'd had a good Cuban meal for dinner, but both were exhausted. Nicole walked out in her pajamas and saw Rafe typing on the computer.

"Damn it!" He shouted, slamming the laptop shut. Rafe sat back and sighed as he rolled his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Nicole walked out of the hallway in the safehouse.

"I can't get in touch with my contact. There's no way right now of knowing whether or not the cartel has moved to a different location. I'm sorry."

Nicole walked over to Rafe and sat down next to him, looking him in the eyes. "Rafe, don't apologize. I appreciate everything you're doing right now. The fact that you're here with me, in Cuba of all places, looking for my son...Rafe, it means the world to me." Nicole held Rafe's hand, but he looked uncomfortable with this, and took his hand away.

"Nicole, don't do that," he said gently, and stood up, facing the other way.

"Why not?"

"Because it's wrong," Rafe said. "Because you and Eric just split up, and we're just friends."

"How can this be wrong, Rafe? There's something here, and we've been avoiding it for far too long!"

"There's nothing here," Rafe said. "Just two friends looking for a child. Nothing more."

"You can't seriously mean that?!" Nicole yelled. "What about that one night when Jennifer and Daniel came over? Or when you saved me from the mugging? Do you remember what happened, or do you just want to ignore it?"

"We were supposed to ignore it, remember?" Rafe told her. "You said you weren't ready to move on, and I think you were right. Nicole, we're too different. You like your drinks, and dresses and shopping, and I like-"

"Beers, and movies, and spending time with friends! Rafe, we're not so different at all! We love Johnny and Sydney. We love children, even if we don't have any of our own. We're misunderstood by the townsfolk. And even with our differences...it's like magnets. Opposites attract, Rafe, and we have-"

"OK, that was corny."

"But it's the truth!" Nicole shouted. "There's a reason for all of this to happen. Friends don't just invite friends to come live with them. Friends don't go to a foreign country with no relations to the US just to find a kid that might not even be alive! Friends don't almost kiss each other!"

"There's nothing here, Nicole," Rafe said. "You're imagining things." Rafe walked away into the other room as Nicole fought her tears and anger.

:cry: :(This has been a great chapter:(, I just cannot help it,,,, :mad::)Ok Now I feel better.... thanks for the talking to... Neat twist chief.. Time to get all the rules laid down, and the feelings out in the open... I liked this chapter. '

Now.... I am so proud of your finishing school, and now it is a matter of time till you start all over again. That is called college..... Hey tell me what you are planning on becoming when the next one is over, and it is time to pitch in... and that is called work..... what do you want to be? talk again soon.

Oh wow! I loved this chapter! Finally, the walls are starting to crumble! Love the way you set up the scene and the tension between Rafe & Nicole....can't wait for this conversation to continue........ you are so good at teasing us! Great work, Dd! :clap: :clap:

Chapter 66: Animal (THIS IS IT! THE BIG ONE!)
"You are not getting away that easily, Rafe!" Nicole said, storming into his little room at the end of the hallway. "Where do you get off talking to me like that?! And lying! I can't believe I thought you were any different from EJ. You're just as cruel, if not worse!"

"Cruel? Nicole, I'm only doing what you wanted me to do. I'm giving you space, time to recuperate, think about your breakup with Eric."

"It's been weeks, Rafe, weeks since you found me on the riverbed. I've had plenty of time to think."

"And what? Poof? Your love for Eric that lasted 20+ years is gone, just like that? And his love for you, too? Because it wasn't that long ago that you told me to back off when we were this close." Rafe stood right up to Nicole, their faces so close they could feel the breath coming out of each other's nostrils.

"No," Nicole said, not backing away. "I'm not over Eric. And I know he's not over me."

"So I was right. We can't be anything more than buddies. Because it wouldn't be fair to me or him. Or you. It'd just lead to disaster, confusion and heartbreak."

"So that's the reason you don't want us to be together," Nicole said, backing away and smiling a bit. "Because you've had such terrible luck in the past with love. And you can't trust anyone with your heart! Sami broke your heart and betrayed you. And just when Carrie picked up the pieces, she got pregnant by her husband and left town with him."

"And the woman that I've fallen for took up with another man! A PRIEST!" Rafe stepped back and widened his eyes, covering his mouth. He walked quickly out of the room and plopped down on the sofa. Nicole, shocked, followed him out. She sat next to him on the sofa.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I guess I'm not really in a good mood."

"Well, I'm sorry too, and I was in pretty bad shape too. Until you said that. Rafe...what are you talking about?"

Rafe sighed and looked down. "There is something about you, Nicole, that reminded me of Sami. And I don't mean that as an insult. Your bad girl past, the way you get under my skin. I tried to look the other way, tried to fight it, and convince myself we were just friends. But there's something about you that draws me in, like a moth to a lightbulb. Because you are my light, Nicole. You're my world. And these past few months, we've been spending more and more time together, and I knew I felt something for you, but couldn't pinpoint just what it was. Well, now I know, and I think I've known for a while. I knew when you were sleeping with Daniel. I knew when you were dating Eric secretly. And I know it now, when I find myself in a foreign country trying to help you get back the child you named after me."

Rafe held Nicole's wrist, and felt not only her quick heartbeat, but his as well. He was seating, and he saw tears in Nicole's eyes as she was smiling.

"I love you, Nicole Walker. And I don't want to fight it, because I can't. Because I know that I'll always love you. You are the most precious, special woman I've ever met, and it tortures me seeing you go after other men that only hurt you when I could give you so much more." Rafe stood up, holding both of Nicole's wrists now. She was smiling and crying at the same time, but they moved closer and closer, and shared a kiss. Their first real kiss. Their mouths were moving together, their hearts beating together, for the same purpose: their love for each other. Rafe could taste the salty tears, but was relieved to know that they were out of passion, out of love and happiness this time, and not out of sadness. Their hands touched their cheeks as they kept kissing, and holding each other. Nicole put her hands around Rafe's neck and he put his around Nicole's waist. They were one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back