The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
To a person that has waited for this next chapter, this was dessert before the meal. Thanks for the energy boosting chapter... You have done a great job, and the graduation had to be a world wind show stopper... Congratulations chief. Enjoy the beach, and catch you again soon. Did not have a chance to tell you how wonderful the pictures of you are, I promise not to call you little chief any more... You a tall dude... and a darn nice looking one. Congrats again...

Chapter 67: Stay
Nicole and Rafe continued kissing passionately. Nicole took off her shirt and threw it on the floor, exposing just a bra. She fell on the couch, Rafe on top of her as they remained kissing. Nicole started to unbutton Rafe's shirt.

"Oh gosh, Rafe, I want you so much," Nicole told him. He kissed her neck, making his way down to her chest and belly as Nicole started to sigh. But a beeping sounded from Rafe's computer, interrupting them.

"I gotta check this. It might be about Daniel Rafael."

"Of course," said Nicole. Rafe walked over to the computer and opened his eyes wide, before smiling and looking up at Nicole.

"My contact's found him. And luckily, I have a GPS that will tell me where to go," Rafe said, buttoning up his shirt.

"Oh my G-d," Nicole said, getting up and putting the overcoat back on. "This is it? I get to see my baby?"

"Yeah. I'm going to leave now," Rafe told her emotionally. He rushed around the room, grabbing a few things, as Nicole looked up, hands clasped, and prayed, thanking G-d for saving her child...and for Rafe. Tears welled up in her eyes. Rafe put on a tie as part of his businessman disguise. "I promised you I'd bring him back, didn't I?"

"Yes, and everyone knows that you don't break your promises," Nicole told him. She smiled at him. "You are one of the best men I know, Rafe. Thank you for everything!"

"Not a problem," Rafe told her. Nicole ran up to Rafe and hugged him tightly. He put his arms around her, a bit shocked.

"You'd better make another promise, too," Nicole whispered. "You'd better come back to me, Rafe. Come back safely. Because I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I told the guy to land here in case there's an emergency-"

"I'm not just talking about getting out of the country. I'm talking about life. You mean too much to me, Rafe!" Nicole pulled away from the embrace and looked in Rafe's eyes. He squeezed her hands.

"I can't promise anything, but I'll try. I have a lot to come home to. Daniel Rafael, Gabi, Nick, the baby...and you." Rafe kissed Nicole's forehead before walking to the entrance and opening the door. He turned around and smiled at her. "I'll see ya later," he said. Nicole waved as Rafe shut the door. And unable to control the whirlwind of emotions she felt, from happiness to anger to sadness and confusion, Nicole broke down, crying as she slumped to the ground.

:drunk: I do believe Rafe should be known as the man of steel. Anyone who can pull away from current happenings to go and answer the beep of a computer, has got to have nerves of steel... Nice chapter, and well written. We have had our appetizers, now we need the meat and potatoes, or at least rice and Kung Po ToFoo which I love, and could not enjoy any more than the tid bits served right here DD. Thanks for the nourishment.:birthday::drunk:

Chapter 68: On The Beach
Gabi watched a beautiful sunrise over the Caribbean Sea, welcoming the cool sea breeze that brushed over her. The past few days had been a bit awkward, and Gabi had spent a lot of time alone and away from Nick. While she believed he really wanted to change, part of her still felt uncomfortable being around him, and she thought perhaps it would be better if he had some down time. Nick had been partying well into the night, swimming in the morning, and going to the gym in the afternoons before showering and taking a nap. Gabi had been wading in the water and taking yoga on the beach for the most part. Suddenly, she heard Nick's voice with another girl, and turned around, seeing a petite blonde walking close to him, wearing nothing but a striped bikini, and Nick was shirtless with only board shorts, smiling at her. Gabi frowned and walked up to him.

"Nick, what're you doing? Why aren't you sleeping in?" Gabi asked.

"You know this girl, Nick?" The blonde said. Nick looked down and nodded.

"She's my wife," he said. "We're on a honeymoon together. Gabi, I just don't feel like sleeping much. I'm not really tired."

"You're married?!" The blonde said. She slapped Nick and turned to face Gabi. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know!" She walked off in a hurry, clearly mad and upset. The wheels started turning in Gabi's head.

"Nick, what did you do?" Tears welled in Gabi's eyes as Nick looked down. She already knew the answer.

"We were drunk, and I didn't know what I was doing...Gabi, I'm so sorry, but you have to know that it meant nothing, and I love you, only you!"

Gabi slapped Nick and started crying. "You said you were gonna change! I believed in you! I gave you another chance! And now when I'm most vulnerable, because Rafe and Nicole are acting weird, you pull this?!"

"I'm sorry, Gabi. Please forgive me. I can make it up to you-just give me another chance!"

"I can't believe another word out of your mouth, Nick! Maybe we got married too soon!" Gabi turned around and walked along the beach, her feet wading through the shallows as her tears spilled into the calm, clear sea. She was unsure of herself, and what she would do upon her return to Salem, but for now, she just wanted to clear her head.

DD, this was one of the great ones. I really enjoyed the walking along the water, and her telling Nick to Buzz Off. You sound like the Beach time was worth while with the writer of this story as well as the character of the story. I am so proud of you Mr D.. Your brothers are good looking fellows also, but the dignity of the graduate was wonderful. Like I mentioned before,,, You one tall good looking dude Mr D. But this story is well written and is going at a great pace. Glad you are back at it and with all us mother hens to watch over the chicks, and have the opportunity to read, and then comment on the plot, the smoothness of the flow of the story, and the characters. I loved it....

Chapter 69: Clarity
Abigail sat down on the sofa in Cameron's apartment, waiting for him to get out of the bathroom. She checked her phone to see if Chad had called her at all, but was a bit disappointed to see that he hadn't. Abigail sat back and sighed, fondly remembering the barbecue they shared on Memorial Day. Her thoughts were interrupted by the closing of a door, and Cameron came out, putting on a white T-shirt. "So what'd you wanna talk to me about?" He asked.

Abigail sighed and stood up. "I know what you did. I heard your phone call the other day, in the hallway.

"You were spying on me? I can't believe this! I thought you trust me!" Cameron was in a rage. Abigail was slightly taken aback by it.

"I do-did, whatever. I wasn't spying on you, I was coming over to see you like you said. Cam, what is going on? Just tell me!"

"It's none of your concern," Cam told her, calming down a bit. "As long as you have my heart, you don't need to worry."

"Yes I do!" Abby said, pulling away a bit from his grip on her hand. "We're supposed to be honest with each other, remember? Just like we promised when we reunited. It's the key to a healthy relationship."

"The less you know," Cameron started, "the better."

"That's not necessarily true."

"It is in this case," Cameron warned. "Trust me, you don't wanna know." He faced the other direction and Abigail walked towards him.

"Except that I already do, thanks to Chad's sources. I know you're buying drugs."

"What? You don't know what you're-"

"Don't play dumb with me! It all makes sense, I'm smart enough to figure it out and tell when you're lying! I ran into Chad after your phone call, and he asked Stefano for help, but he refused. So he had his family spies bring us a picture of you giving some guy an envelope in exchange for some pills in a prenatal vitamin jar."

"You have no proof that it was illegal substances in there," Cameron said.

"Why else would you buy it on the pier, one of the sketchiest areas of town, and buy it from a shady-looking guy? You're a doctor, and could order it from a pharmacy!"

"That's besides the point! You still have no proof! And either way, I can't believe you don't believe or trust me! And that you got Chad and the DiMeras helping you out in something your nose shouldn't be sticking in!"

"I should be sticking it in, because you're my boyfriend, and I'm worried about you!" Abigail began. "I want to help you! I won't tell anyone, as long as you stop selling the drugs to others, or stop taking them yourself, which ever it is! Go to rehab! You-"

"I'm not an addict," Cam told her. "And I'm not doing anything illegal. But you know what I think?" Cameron got closer to Abby and lowered his voice. "This closeness to Chad...it all makes sense. You're trying to search for something wrong with our relationship, all the while getting closer to him. Why? Because you need an excuse to dump me and get back together with him!"

"That's not true at all!" Abigail yelled. "You're trying to get off subject!"

"No, I think you are! You know what, maybe if you don't trust me, we shouldn't be together. Trust is an important part of a relationship too, you know, from your dumb girl magazines!"

Abigail was astonished at how harsh Cameron was being, and widened her eyes. "Why are you being so mean?! I'm trying to help you, not hurt you!"

"Why am I being mean? Why are you trying to cause problems?"

"Don't you dare put this on me, after what you've been doing! You know what, maybe you're right! You're acting like a jerk and a criminal! I'm leaving now!" Abigail picked up her purse and walked out of the apartment, Cameron shutting the door hard. Abby fought the tears in her eyes, and walked off.

Neat.... I have not figured out Cameron either, and I thank you for the Information on the Doctor. He could be doing so many different things. Perhaps we will find out he is doing good for the poor and down trodden, and the money is in deed his to do what he wanted to do,,,,, or perhaps he is a tool of the slimy Stefano, and the winding river of confusion is still ahead of us. The journey is wide, varied, and wonderful... Great episode..

Chapter 70: Secret Agent Man
Rafe got out of the Prius he had driven to through the jungles and took out his binoculars. He first checked that he had his pocket knife with him, and also looked to see if the carseat was fastened in the back. Then, he peered into the binoculars and saw the small group of shacks down the hill. Taking a deep breath, Rafe began the long walk down, holding the open pocketblade in his hand and walking softly. Although it was 11:00 PM, he wanted to be sure that nobody heard him. Afterall, this was a drug cartel, using child slaves to work the marijuana farms, so they would likely have a group of guards at the entrance.

After a 15 minute walk, Rafe finally arrived at a large gate. He sighed, doubt and insecurity sweeping over him as he wondered if he would be able to survive, and especially save Daniel Rafael. But remembering his promise to Nicole, the woman who practicaly owned his heart, he kept forward, having faith in his ex-FBI-turned-cop skills. Rafe hid behind a shrub and scanned the bottom of the fence for any gaps. Cuba's facilities weren't really in the best shape, due to the poor economy and lack of trade with the wealthy US. Rafe spotted a small hole in the bottom of the wire fence, but it was large enough for him to make it through without getting scratched by the sharp bottom. But the cons seemed to outweigh the pros, though. There was a guard posted in a tower high above, with lights shining down near the fence and rotating around on the ground. The guard was posted in such a way that he would be able to see Rafe running down to get through the fence, and Rafe wasn't really in the best shape, so he wasn't that fast. To make matters worse, the gap was not that close. But Rafe managed to wander through the edge of the forest, positioning himself closer to the opening in the fence. He found a large rock, and threw it closer to where the guard tower was. It made a loud noise, causing dogs to bark and the light to shine near where the rock was. Thinking fast, Rafe ran to the gate and squirmed quickly through the opening. He had made it. But as soon as he was through, he saw 2 dogs running straight towards him!

Hope you are happy, I bit my nails as a child, and had not even thought of putting my fingers in my mouth for so many years, the teeth forgot we used to have nails for lunch..... Now, it was close, I got into that chapter, and could see in my mind's eye the whole entire thing. Then he makes it to the hole, through the hole, and has the blankety blank dogs who probably have not been fed for two weeks running towards him.... My Goodness,

Yup this one has me hook, line, and sinker. Loved it. Everything is starting to come together. As long as it does not down pour, he only has a chance. Maybe our Father will provide some cover, and protect him from the long arms of the goons, and the rain would not hurt.

Wow...I hope there is an object coming up that he can hide in, on, or under, so the hungry K9's will go away from Rafe, and leave him alone. I think he has faced enough turmoil, filth, and lonely hours, to last a lifetime. It should be time for the search for Daniel Rafael to become very active, and finally realize some of the things we have prayed for, actually coming to pass. I pray he will be spotted by Rafe, and that he is able to gather that little bundle of joy, and come on back to the arms of his loved ones. Well done DD. That is wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back