The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was wonderful. I think it will take the coming of age for Johnny, to have Sami start to realize that the world does not revolve around her, and the happiness of her being out of the picture, will be something to behold. I am so thankful for this chapter. It adds a touch of realism to the whole story... Loved it. Thanks DD.

Chapter 82: Outsider

EJ took another swig of whiskey from his glass, half-laughing and half-crying. He'd been doing this for a few hours. It was ironic: he'd finally gotten the family he'd wanted, and the chance to reunite with Nicole because of it, and yet she was pining after another man-his mortal enemy at that. And EJ was the only one to blame. He'd betrayed Nicole's trust too many times, and getting with Sami was the worst thing he could've possibly done to hurt Nicole. In rage, he threw the glass against the wall beneath the fireplace, and it shattered.

"Wow, you throw worse temper-tantrums than Sydney when she doesn't get candy from the store," said a female voice behind him.

"Go away, Kristen," EJ said quietly. "I'm not in the mood."

"It's 4th of July. We should be celebrating, watching fireworks outside and barbecuing. Not making fireworks of your own in here."

"I don't appreciate the sarcastic jokes," EJ said loudly. "I'm in no mood for celebrating."

Kristen waltzed up to EJ, a somber look on her face, and she put her hand on EJ's shoulder. "Does this have something to do with Nicole? Aren't you glad your baby is alive?!"

"Of course I am, sister. But that's not the problem."

"Nicole rejected you, didn't she?" Kristen asked.

"She doens't know how I feel, but it's too late," EJ said. "How do you know I love her?"

"Because I know that my brother is smart enough to only want that tramp over Nicole because he can't have the one he really wants. EJ, it's never too late. Just tell her how you feel."

"Since when did you become so caring?" EJ asked. Kristen looked taken aback. "I'm sorry," EJ said. "I'm drunk, as you can see!" He began laughing.

"Forget about it," Kristen told him. "C'mon, you should get to bed now. Brush your teeth, change, sleep."

"Get to bed?" EJ laughed a bit. "You mean like Nicole did with Rafe in the safehouse?" More laughter erupted from EJ's lips. "And I am the one who drove her there! Look what I've done!"

Kristen was surprised to learn that Rafe slept with Nicole, but she knew they'd been pretty close. "It's been months since you two divorced, EJ. Actually, it's been a year. I'm pretty sure she moved on from you a while ago, when she was sleeping with Daniel and Eric."

"It's still all my fault. I'm afraid I'm not as smart as you think I am, Kristen," EJ told her. He slumped to the ground, in tears, and Kristen held his head as he cried.

"It'll be OK, EJ. You just need some help from big sis."

"What kind of help?" EJ asked.

"Why, help winning her back, of course!"

DD. This is one of the rare moments when the Mighty EJ has to admit to himself,,, Too Soon Old, and Too Late smart. This is one of the typical reactions we have come to expect from that worm. He just has had a purely physical obsession of Sami, and all that brought him is the loss of the woman he really does love, and the man that Sami loves. I wonder if Sami will ever obtain the wonderful feeling of contentment, and realize she is "In Love" with the one man in the world, that had ever in her life to bring about the mellowing of Sami, and the times she shared with Rafe during Grace's life, and sickness, and ultimate death, was the nearest thing to complete happiness, and he with her.

I think if EJ and Nicole would take the time and effort to talk, and feel, and allow their minds to wrap around the idea of the two of them just being together again, they would know that just as Sami and Rafe were each other's ultimate match, and it takes the other to make them complete, and happy, then they, EJ and Nicole, would realize that the two of them are the other half of each other, and will never be written as happy till they are one again. I loved the two of them married, I mean to each other.

Thanks DD for this chapter, and how very much I love the fun of togetherness, but to the right ones. You know just how to bring out the feelings we all share abut this foursome....I loved the chapter.

Chapter 83: Oath

Abigail walked into the DiMera mansion. Chad told her to meet him here today, because he had something very important to discuss with her. But the house seemed empty, other than Harold, who let her in, and Mary, who was cleaning the living room, donning one of those hotel-maid-type vacuum cleaners. She stood awkwardly in the foyer, not knowing what to do. Chad's car wasn't parked in the front, and she didn't like the idea of sitting on the couch in the living room, which was being cleaned by the housekeeper, and loud. Plus, this mansion seemed very much like a dungeon to her: so many evil and dirty deeds had occurred here, and it seemed very ancient in decor, which wasn't something that Abby liked. Suddenly, the door behind her opened, and the mansion seemed to light up. Chad entered and closed the door behind him, hanging up his jacket on one of the coat racks. He smiled at Abigail.

"I see you made it in alright!" He told her.

"Only because EJ and your dad weren't here to criticize me, or Kate, for that matter." Abigail kissed Chad and held his hand.

"Sorry I was late. There was a car accident on the road, and kind of a bit of traffic, from the rubberneckers."

"Oh my gosh! Was anyone hurt?"

"Luckily, no. Just a damaged car," Chad said. "C'mon up. We can go hang out in the family lounge upstairs while Mary's cleaning down here." Chad grabbed Abby's hand and led her up the stairs, both of them laughing. Abigail took a seat on the loveseat, and Chad sat on the couch across from her.

"So, why'd you wanna see me?"

"I just had to ask...it seems like you told Cameron all those things back in the coffee house because you were mad at him. But are you sure that you really don't want to be with him? And that this wasn't a spur of the moment kind of thing?"

Abigail sighed. Chad was kind of right that she would never have said all that mean stuff to Cam if they weren't arguing. But she was sure now that she'd made the right choice: Chad was the man that loved her and held her heart. He treated her right and was always patient with her. Abby knew she had to be truthful to Chad, who was now looking worried because she had been thinking too long."

"Look, Chad. You're right, I wouldn't have said all those mean things to Cameron if we weren't in that fight. And I'm not totally over him."

Chad looked disappointed. "I understand. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to rush things."

"But you haven't!" Abby stepped forward. "Chad, I've never really stopped loving you. That thing with Austin...I was acting out, trying to live dangerously, in the spur of the moment, trying to move on from you because you wanted Melanie. And then Cameron came along and I was moving on, but not completely. And when Melanie left and things ended between me and Cam, I thought we had a chance."

"Until I screwed up and you took him back."

"It was a mistake. I should've followed my heart and tried to work things out with you sooner!"

"You did what you had to. I was a complete jerk, and you still had feelings for Cameron. You only tried to work everything out because you were so confused."

"Maybe, but I've been judging people this whole time. Acting like my own crap don't stink, and it's horrible! So I'm sorry for everything I've done, and I understand if you have second thoughts."

"I have no second thoughts. We're here now for a reason. The two of us, together. Everything I've ever wanted." Chad stood up and took Abby by the hands. They shared a kiss and hugged. Everything was going to be alright.

Wow DD, I did not even know there was a fun and games, sitting room upstairs. You really had me going for a moment or two. Makes us wonder what she said to Cameron. He must have taken some sort of liberties of her, and she has a mind of her own. This was a great chapter, as you stated how quiet it was when she went in, except for the cleaning of Mary, and then before I knew it, I could hear the vacuum cleaner in my mind's ears too. Great Job... Looking forward to the next Chapter in the Saga of the Salem Residents.... Great name for the follow up of all this.. It could be called Saga of Salem, Wonderful Episode...

Chapter 84: Return to Innocence

Nicole was just looking at a few houses on the computer when Rafe opened the door, bearing fresh donuts from Krispy Kreme, as well as coffee. He closed the door a bit loudly. "Shh!" Nicole said, with her finger on her lips. "DR's still sleeping!"

"Whoops, sorry!" Rafe told her. They smiled.

"I don't blame you. I caught myself sleeping in and realized DR is actually sleeping well now!"

"That's good! Whatcha lookin' at?"

"Some homes. I'm trying to find a place for us to stay and call our own. Now that I have a job, it'll be easier to buy a house for me and DR."

"So now I see why you've been watching so much HGTV," Rafe teased, getting everything ready on the counter. "Are you sure you wanna do this? I mean, you're free to stay here, if you'd like!"

"Thanks, but I'm sure. I've got to be a bit more independent now. I feel like a freeloader, almost, and I've kinda been one for a while now. What would DR think of me?"

"He'd think you were right to move in with a man that loves you." Rafe walked over to Nicole and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. He took a glance at some of the homes on the laptop. One was in a suburb 20 minutes away from the Square, and had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for just $350,000. Rafe pointed to it. "You should buy this one!"

"I've been thinking about it. I'll have to find a real estate agent soon. With housing prices this cheap, this one won't be on the market for long!"

"Yeah. So, you want chocolate or maple?"

"Chocolate. I'm not Canadian!" Nicole joked. Rafe giggled a bit. He brought it over to her on a paper plate, with her cup of coffee.

"Thank you for the breakfast!" Nicole said with a mouth full of donut.

"No problem. I also picked up some baby food for DR."

"Thanks. We can always use more. EJ already stocked up one of the mansion's cabinets with it."

"Really? Wow. Hey, how is EJ? He thanked me and everything, but seemed a bit tense the other day when I dropped by."

Nicole sighed. "He's glad to have DR, but still adjusting to it. He's also very busy with work, and he's been trying to convince me to move myself and DR back into the mansion."

"What'd you tell him?" Rafe nervously inquired.

"I said that I'm fine here, until I buy my own place."

"Ah, OK. That's good."

Nicole suddenly felt a bit uneasy. "OK, Rafe, there's something I have been keeping from you."

Rafe tensed. Nicole hadn't said those three words to him yet. Did she still harbor some feelings for EJ, even after all this time? "What is it?"

"When we were baby shopping before, I told EJ that we slept together in the safehouse. He's been acting kinda strange since then. Maybe that's why he was so distant when you came over the other day."

On one hand, Rafe was happy. EJ knew to back off, if he was even still interested in Nicole. But on the other hand, Rafe was upset. He sighed. "Why did you tell him?"

"I thought he had a right to know. I thought maybe it would make him stop pestering me about moving back in with him. And besides, I thought you wanted everyone to know about us?"

"Yeah, I do. But what if he comes up with some crazy revenge scheme? Like he did when I married Sami!"

"Why would he do that?" Nicole asked. "He doesn't want me back!"

"Are you certain?" Rafe asked. "Think about it, Nicole. After everything he did, he wants you moving back to the mansion now that he has the family he has always wanted. Plus, he's free of Sami! And that would explain why he acted weirdly when he heard the truth about us."

"Or he is just in shock about everything! This is a big adjustment."

"I suppose," Rafe began, "but I'm still keeping an eye on him."

"Well, now that that's out of the way," Nicole said, "have you got anymore information on Cameron?"

"Only that he got into a huge fight with Abigail in the coffeehouse recently."

"We need to take him down somehow. Even if we can't link him with the kidnapping, he still needs to pay!"

Rafe could see from the look on Nicole's face that she was *bleep*. He was too, and Rafe was sure EJ wouldn't be happy either. But suddenly, an idea dawned on him. "Nicole, I have the best idea," he said. Rafe moved closer to Nicole and whispered something in his ear as she sipped from her cup of coffee. She smiled.

"Then let's do it!" She said.

This chapter is the one that brought the tears,,,, I thank you for the vitamin drops of nourishment that brings the peace of mind of fulfillment. I loved it, and will re read it often... Hope this is as cathartic, and as necessary for you to write, as it is for us to wait patiently for the next Chapter, and then for us to read, and grow from the experience. It is coming wonderfully close to several possibilities, and some decisions. I am so thrilled to be along for the ride, and to have this method of adding my two cents worth of uncommon sense, and to offer the approval of the direction it is going, as well as the method of travel that it is taking. Nice job DD. I loved it...

Chapter 85: Everything You Want

Abigail heard a knock on the door. She opened it up and saw Gabi standing there, still very pregnant. Abby hugged her.

"Hey, c'mon in!" Abigail shut the door behind Gabi, and noticed her sad eyes. "What's wrong? How was Cancun?"

"It was really nice, thanks. I loved it."

"Then why don't you look too happy?"

"Because I thought Nick was everything I'd ever wanted, everything I've dreamed of. But he let me down, again." Tears welled in her eyes as she sat down on the couch. Abigail sat next to her and put her hand on Gabi's shoulder, her eyes mirroring her concern.

"What happened? Do I need to have a talk with my cousin?"

"No, thanks. It's fine. It's just that he wasn't really around me much."

"Gabi, did he do something? Was he being mean to you?"

"He got drunk one night...and the next morning I found him with another girl. She didn't know he was married. He lied to her, and to me."

"Oh my gosh! That's so unlike the Nick I know!" Abigail gave Gabi a big hug as her friend cried into her shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Gabi. I really am."

"Thank you for being here for me. I'm sorry if I'm taking up too much of your time, I just didn't know who else to talk to."

"It's no problem. You can talk to me anytime, you know that!"

"I think we need counseling, or maybe to just divorce. We'll have to wait and see."

"I hope that whatever you choose, it all works out OK. And I really hope it doesn't come to divorce."

"Enough about me. How's everything with you been?"

"Decent," Abigail told her. "Cameron and I got into it at the coffeehouse, and now we're over."

"Oh, Abby, I'm so sorry." Gabi was really sympathetic and put her hand on her friend's arm.

"Thanks, but it's fine. Really. It just proved to me what I've known deep down all along: I'm meant to be with Chad."

"So are you two, like, together now?" Gabi smiled.

Abigail let out a sigh as she smirked. "Yeah, I guess we kinda are."

"That's good! How'd Cameron take the news?"

"He doesn't really know yet, but I'll tell him myself." Abigail wondered when she would set up a meeting with Cam, and how it would go. Would he apologize to her and tell her the truth, and try to win her back? Or would he agree that she belongs with Chad? There were a lot of 'what if' questions Abigail had, and she knew none of them would be answered if she just sat there by herself.

"Maybe you should take Chad with you, just so things don't get too heated between you two again."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Abby said. "I'll do that, thanks."

I was enthralled by this chapter, but surprised, with the knowledge that Chad is planning to leave the show. Are you going to go with the show, and follow their example, and have Chad move away from the city too? If he goes, and she broke it off from Cam.... Oh darn, are we the reading audience going to have to experience the virginity thing all over again????? So many interesting questions running around in my over active mind, and then I go to my chief in charge of preparing our next bit of nourishment,,, and ask the Author. I really do not think I care to think of her and the word Virgin again. Maybe we could figure out a way to put a hospital gown on her, and put her into the hospital for a couple of hours, and allow the Tan Doc, with the searching hands.. :eek::sick: ..Just kidding, could not wish his filthy hands touching her for no reason. :sarcasm: :sick: .. just could not resist. :sick::beat: My Bad?????

You though dear Author, are doing a wonderful job of keeping our attention, and nourished.

:rotfl: Oh Lordie.... Bring the oxygen ahead of time, I just know I will have a reaction to that news. Tan fight, make for real gist fights, argue, make love.... not sex.... I like the sweet, mellow, old time love making, and I will watch all of it, and not have any type of hive reaction, and lack of ability to breathe,,, let them take our show off the air for no apparent reason, and the hives and the breathing......Hack, hack..... Oh my goodness.....:):eek::D:rolleyes::sick::sarcasm:will have to check in for real on Tuesday Chief...have a great day off.... :rotfl::drunk:

Chapter 86: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

Gabi walked up to her brother and Nicole in the Square. They were laughing and couldn't keep their hands off of each other. Gabi smiled, because she was very happy for them. Of course, it was great that they had DR back, but they'd also taken something else back from that trip was almost as precious: new love.

"So, I have some news, since you were asking about Abigail and Cameron."

"Great. What's going on?" Nicole asked Gabi.

"Look, before I tell you anything, I just have to know: why do you want me to tell you about Cameron? And nobody's gonna be hurt, right?"

"No, at least not physically," Rafe said. "This is just about Cameron, not Abby. Don't worry."

Gabi sighed. "OK. Abigail and Cameron broke up. She's back with Chad. And she's meeting Cameron in his office in the hospital tomorrow afternoon."

"Will anyone else be there?" Rafe asked impatiently.

"Chad's coming with her," Gabi said. "Look, I've gotta get to class. I'll see you guys later, alright?"

"Sure thing, and thanks Gabi!" Nicole told her. Rafe waved as Gabi walked off.

"Well, this seems to be going well," Rafe told Nicole.

"How? Chad's going with Abigail, probably to back her up! Now we have another person getting involved!"

"That could be to our benefit, and theirs," Rafe pointed out. "Abigail and Chad are gonna flip when they learn the truth, and won't want anything to do with him again!"

"Are you sure? Chad and Cameron are semi-related. Lexie wouldn't want them to be fighting over this if she were still here. And Chad is still close to EJ, even after everything he's done."

"This is different," Rafe told her. "Abigail will know she made the right choice by getting with Chad. She won't have a doubt in her mind, and Chad won't feel insecure about Cameron. He'll keep that freak away from her."

"And Dr. Davis will have lost everything. A friend, or semi-family member, as you put it, and the girl he likes. He'll be totally destroyed."

"I wonder how EJ will feel about all this."

"We will see. I'm sure it'll be interesting and entertaining all at once."

"Do you want to bring DR with us?" Rafe asked. "Maybe it will make Dr. Davis feel bad."

"No, I'll let EJ babysit him that morning. Then I'll pick him up afterwards. I don't want that man around my baby again."

Rafe held Nicole tight in his arms, kissing her forehead and rubbing her head with his hand.

DD. This is a wonderful chapter in the saga of Rafe and Nichle... I not only could see the whole thing in my mind's eye, but as it went along, I was sitting here going,,, No don't take the baby, he does not deserve to ever see him again and sure enough you did not, and I agree with you... Even though he is Lexi's half brother, and so was the baby's fatha he still did not deserve to ever see the child again. I am so thankful they are going to get their turns to expose him. I know he has it coming. It is an awfully lot like the Lexi fiasco, and the babies she was involved with, and finally gave Zack back to Hope and Bo... I just think you handled the situation with grace, and maturity, and I am so proud of you.

Excellent chapter, Dd...... love the way the story is progressing with the Cameron aspect. Once that is all put to rest, I can't wait to see how you continue the relationship between Rafe & Nicole with EJ now in the picture...could become tense & complicated. :clap:

Chapter 87: Smells Like Teen Spirit

Abigail and Chad entered Cameron's office. He was finishing filling out some kind of form, but the looks of it. He turned around once it was completed."Hi," he said quietly. Chad waved at him.

"Hey," Abby began. "I'm glad we could meet. I brought Chad along so things don't get too tense."

"It didn't work last time," Cam remarked. "But whatever, I don't mind."

"Good. I came to apologize. I was really harsh to you the other day, and I am also sorry for snooping."

"I appreciate that," Cameron said. "I'm sorry too. I understand that you just want to help me, and I shouldn't have been so mean. But I am telling the truth when I say that I don't need your help. Everything's fine. I just need some privacy. I hope you can understand that."

"Yeah. I do. That's also why I came to tell you that I've finally made a choice, between you and Chad." Abigail sensed the tension in the room. Chad was smiling a bit, Cameron looking a bit confident, but also somewhat nervous.

"Whoever you choose, I will respect your choice." Cameron looked down, wondering if Chad's smile could indicate that Abigail already chose him.

"I've never stopped loving Chad," Abby began. "He's been really nice and helpful to me these past few weeks, when we've been fighting. And I honestly think that's a sign that I should be with him. I'm sorry."

"No, I understand. It was my fault." Cameron sounded and looked a little bit sad.

"Not entirely, I mean, I said some bad things too," Abby reassured him. "We can still be friends, right?"

"Of course," he told her. "You take care of her, Chad. She's a special girl."

"I always take care of her," Chad said, putting his arm around Abigail's shoulder. Suddenly, the door opened behind them, and they saw both Nicole and Rafe enter the room. Nicole slammed the door behind her, looking *bleep*. She walked quickly up to Cameron and slapped him hard.

"Whoa, what the hell's going on here?!" Chad shouted. Rafe grabbed Nicole so she couldn't do anything else to the surprised doctor, but Abby could tell from Rafe's expression that he also wasn't pleased with Cam.

"You wanna know what's going on here?" Nicole said to Chad. "I'll be glad to inform you! Your 'friend' here, was behind the kidnapping of my baby! He made everyone think that DR was dead! He was paid off!"

Cameron, Chad and Abigail all had shocked stares, but Cameron finally looked down to the floor.

Stefano sat alone in the mansion, listening to his opera music and waving the wand in the air, as if he were conducting it by himself. One of his men approached him.

"Sir, I have some bad news."

"What is it? Don't you know better than to interrupt me, Joe?"

"I'm sorry sir, but you're gonna want to hear this."

"Spit it out, already!" Stefano roared.

"Detective Hernandez and Nicole Walker are exposing the man you hired right now."

"WHAT!?" Stefano turned around, eyes as wide as they could be. "In front of whom? Do they have evidence?"

"Detective Hernandez overheard a phone call, apparently, between you and Dr. Davis. Your son and Abigail Deveraux are together, in the same room, as we speak."

0H Wow.... That was so full of tension. I know it must have taken something out of you too. Every word you add to this story takes some thing out of the author, and it gets like pulling teeth, and all the little words are like the tiny little pains that come from the different teeth. Good luck with this chapter. It is not easy to express what you have ahead of you. You may be a different person when you get through this experience. That is what one of my Professors used to tell us, as he was trying to express what he felt about writing some nerve wrenching, section of a story, and would tell us that when you finish with this particular section, you will notice that you have changed. Even if it is the order that you tie your shoes... He said that he used to tie the right one first, and when he got through this one gut wrenching part of the story,, lo and behold, he was then tying the left one first. One of the guys drew him back to earth by stating, please do not start putting your pants on backward..... We like you just the way you are now... Me too DD.. I like you the way you are now... Good luck to you... Real proud of you dd.

Chapter 88: Seven Devils

"What do you mean Cameron was behind DR's kidnapping? He was like the rest of us, thinking he was dead, deceived by those Cuban drug lords who took him!" Abigail was confused, almost in denial, constantly looking back and forth between Cameron and Nicole.

"How did he get there? How could baby DR get to a country we have no relations with?" Rafe asked. "He could only be smuggled there through Florida. And that's exactly what happened."

"Are you accusing Cameron of taking him there? He was here the whole time!" Chad said. Nicole sighed and began to laugh a bit.

"I didn't take him down there. I was here the whole time. You have the wrong guy!" Cameron defended. Rafe got in his face a bit, making Cameron step back.

"I can't believe you have the nerve to sit here and lie after I heard you make that phone call on the pier!"

"What phone call?-"

"Don't play dumb! We heard you! Just admit it already!" Nicole yelled, Chad holding her back before she could strike the young physician again.

"Oh my G-d," Abigail said, looking away, coming to a sudden realization. "That phone call I overheard that day in the hallway...Cam, did that have anything to do with DR?"

"No, Abby, we already saw the picture of him buying the drugs from that guy on the pier. It was that, not DR." Chad looked like he was trying to put together the whole situation.

"Buying drugs, huh? That explains the multivitamin." Rafe stepped away from Cameron and faced the young college students. "Nicole wasn't taking multivitamins prescribed by Cameron. It was a new, special type of drug that made it appear on an ultrasound that the baby had no heartbeat."

"So you're saying....no, no that can't be! Cameron would never do this!" Abigail turned to face Cam, tears in her eyes. "You mean that when Nicole delivered DR, the child was still alive? And she's gone for months believing that he was dead? Cameron, did you take a child away from its mother in those crucial first months of its life?"

Cameron looked up from the ground at Abigail in silence. Even though he had said nothing, she knew it was true. "Abby, I can explain."

Abigail slapped Cameron. "How could you do this? That indirectly got my mother in trouble! You lied to me, to everyone! You took a baby away from its mother! Do you even have a heart?"

"You know I do! I had to accept this offer, you don't understand! I had a lot of financial problems!"

"That's no excuse!" Nicole raged. "You're a doctor, you make plenty of money! And even if you did owe a lot of debt, there are other ways, Cameron! You don't just take away someone's child! Do you have ANY idea how much grief that EJ and I have gone through? That RAFE has gone through, because of this?! You are DISGUSTING! YOU'RE SICK!"

"I'm sorry. I really am, and I've felt guilty about this since day one!"

"You should feel guilty, Cam!" Chad yelled. "You don't just play with people's lives like this!"

There was silence for a bit in the room, as Abigail went to Chad and he held her, while Nicole let her tears fall out of her eyes, Rafe putting his hand on her shoulder. "And now the even bigger question," Rafe began. "Who hired you, Cameron? WHO!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back