The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG.... DD, that was a perfect place to take a break till you write more. I was reading faster than anything else I can think of except perhaps eat lunch.... WOW... I was absolutely taken aback when I figured out Cam was with them and was listening to what they had to say to him..... He really is slithering across the floor, is he not? What a snake. I hope there is a terrific reason why he should be in such debt, as he would ever consider taking a baby from his mommy, and send this little person to a place that he does not know, or maybe he does. Maybe he and his nutsy mother Celeste spent some of their time in that God forsaken place when he was younger. Poor little DR... he deserves all the love and attention he is getting now. I love this story, and you for being able to write this and provide it for us to read. Thanks DD, for all the devoted time it takes for you to make sure the story is written... It truly is wonderful.

Chapter 89: Teardrops on My Guitar

"I'm not telling you anything!" Cameron shouted. "You've ruined everything!"

"They've ruined nothing, Cameron! You kidnapped Nicole's baby and made her think he was dead! I can't believe you have the audacity-!" Abigail yelled, but Chad stopped her from saying anything more.

"Well, now we know you've made the right choice," Chad said. "Who knows? If you had a kid with Cam, you couldn't trust him around it."

"How dare you? You don't understand!" Cameron raged.

"Just wait until EJ finds out what you did!" Nicole yelled. "And believe me, we will find out who's behind this! You have no idea what kind of resources Rafe and EJ have!"

Cameron pushed his way through and left the room. Everyone had a shocked look on their faces. Nicole began to cry and Rafe just held her.

"I'm so sorry for everything, Nicole. If I'd known he was behind this-"

"Don't worry, Abby," Nicole told her. "It's not your fault."

"Chad, you said something about a picture. Do you still have it?" Rafe asked.

"I can try to find it at my place. I'll give it to you as soon as I find it," he told Rafe.

The two young people left the room in total shock, deciding to give Rafe and Nicole a moment alone.

"Rafe...can you take me to my baby?"

"Of course," Rafe said. "C'mon, let's get you out of this place."

At the mansion, Stefano's henchman approached him. Stefano sipped from his brandy, looking at the portrait of himself. "Did you find the picture in Chad's place?"

"It's been destroyed, Mr. DiMera. Nothing can be proved against you or Cameron Davis."

"Good. You are dismissed." The henchman left, and Stefano smirked, letting out a villainous laugh.

I knew it.... darn I just knew that he was working with his sister's father, the king snake himself... Stefano. My goodness is nothing scared to that man,,,, or to his family.... Kristen is just as ruthless as he is. I bet he is very proud of her.... cough, choke, gag, cough again.... Darn.... That is disgusting.... Thanks for taking the time for this much DD I had a feeling that is the one he was working for and it is nice to have you think along the same lines. Have a great day....

Chapter 90: White Flag
Nicole entered the DiMera mansion with haste. It was morning, and she wanted to see her son as soon as possible. She'd decided to let DR spend the night with EJ because he was leaving for a business trip in London this afternoon. EJ was already dressed and Henderson was bringing down many bags from the stairs.

"DR's still asleep, sweetheart. He's laying in his playpen."

"Oh, OK, well I guess I could wait here for him to wake up, if that's OK with you..."

"Of course that's fine," EJ said.

"Great. I hope you have a good trip, and I wish you much success!" Nicole gave EJ a hug. She noticed that it took a bit for the shock to wear off before he hugged her back.

"Listen, Nicole, there's something I wanted to tell you, or rather, talk to you about."

"Yes?"

EJ sighed. "I just want you to know how much I care about you. And that I am always here if you need anything-anything at all. Don't hesitate to tell me."

"Oh. Well, thank you, EJ."

"Are you sure you are happy with Rafael? I mean, you can find more joy, more love with another man."

"EJ, I thought you decided to bury the hatchet with Rafe? How can you say such bad things about him when he saved our son?"

"Yes, but Nicole, you must understand that Rafe and I will never be friends, never really like each other."

"OK. Well, anyways, I love Rafe. I really do, and I think we belong together. I can't imagine being with anyone else right now."

"But remember this: we have a family together, at last. We can have it all, if you want it, and put enough work into it." EJ took Nicole's hand and placed it on his chest, right over his heart at first, for emotional reasons. Then over his muscles, for sex appeal. Nicole looked a bit like she was remembering the good times they'd had, but wasn't as moved by this gesture as EJ had hoped she would be. She removed her hand.

"Have a good trip, EJ," she told him.

"Thank you." EJ took his luggage and opened the door, closing it after everything was gone. Nicole walked into the living room, looking at DR asleep in his playpen. She smiled, stroking his dark hair with one hand. She then glanced over and saw a family picture taken in 2011 of her, EJ, Sydney and Johnny all by the Christmas tree. She picked it up and looked at it, remembering many things. She remembered how much she was in love with EJ. He understood her, accepted her, appreciated her for who she was. He loved her. And she felt exactly the same way-she never knew she could love anyone that much, besides Eric, of course. She'd gotten the family she wanted. She had the DiMera name, power and money. Nicole remembered making passionate love to EJ right on the couch she was sitting on. It had been heaven. But EJ had betrayed her trust over and over again-first it was her fault, but then he betrayed her with Taylor, and then Sami, which drove Nicole to realize she needed to change and become more independent. There was to be no more blind forgiveness of EJ, knowing he'd slip up again. There wouldn't be any rebound flings with Brady. Instead, she made the mistake of going to Daniel and being the same needy woman she'd been sometimes with relationships, and she did the same with Eric. Until the light at the end of the path was revealed to her.
Rafe.
The one man who'd helped her get back on her feet, but also made sure that she did it mainly on her own. The one man who'd accepted who she was and loved her for it, but at the same time pushed for her to make herself a better, stronger person. The one man who had truly put her before any other woman-and not just for a few months like EJ had. Any doubt Nicole had about being with him had withered away, because now she knew. She knew that he wasn't just the one who helped her, or the one who stayed faithful to her. He was simply 'The One' for her.

You have a great chapter with this one. I started reading it, and the one thing that went through my mind was, I pray the baby is there and not in and among the suit cases, and other luggage that EJ has packed and ready to go where ever he was going. I do not know why I had the fear, except it was EJ and Nicole that came to Rafe's wedding and then yanked baby Sydney out of the arms of her mommy. That really broke my heart, and stuck with me longer, and more clear in my mind's eye, and the tears still run down my cheek when I take the time to think about it.

I was so thrilled when Nicole went to the play pen, and the baby was laying there asleep, apparently content, and putting my mind at ease, and I am sure Nicole had a breath of Thanks leave her lips too. She knows him better, and in a different way than any of the rest of us... Thanks for the memories DD, and I think it does Nicole's fans as much good to read that the baby was ok after some time with his Daddy, and now could scoop up her wonderful lucky little one, and go back to her life. Thanks Chief.. I needed to dig out the cob webs with the memories...

Oh, my.......... you had me a little nervous there for a while, Dd! I was afraid Nicole would weaken and rethink her life with EJ wasn't so bad after all...loved the way you described her thought process and how she arrived at the true choice. Loved this chapter because it revealed Nicole realized her new confidence and strength was all because of Rafe's love for her and that all of EJ's money and power could not compare to Rafe's selfless love and compassion for her and DR. Great work, Dd! :clap: :clap:

Chapter 91: Bring Me To Life
Nicole brought DR over to Rafe's place to play for a bit with the toys Rafe had bought for the young tot. Rafe was building some blocks with DR and talking to him. The baby looked up and smiled at him, laughing and clapping his hands at something. Nicole smiled and took a sip of her Diet Coke. Nicole motioned for Rafe to come over to her, and he placed DR in his playpen with some soft toys.

"What is it?"

"Well, remember what we were planning before going to get DR?" Nicole reminded Rafe.

"You mean, trying to split up Nick and Gabi? Are you sure this scheme will work?"

"Well, the letter worked for Kristen and Brady. They've been having a lot of problems recently. I doubt they'll last for much longer."

"Well, we do work well together," Rafe pointed out, kissing Nicole on the cheek. "Alright, what's our plan of action?"

"Well, I was thinking first that I should handle Nick, and you should talk to Gabi. I've already chatted with her about the subject anyways. And since you're her older brother, I think she'd appreciate that."

"OK. Do you really think it'll work? I mean, what if she doesn't want to be upfront with us?"

"Well, we can only hope that things have improved by now." Nicole was trying to think of some way to stop Nick, when she suddenly remembered his parole. "If it comes to it, you can frame him for violating his parole. You're a cop, and nobody knows better how to violate a parole than you!"

"Yeah, that's right. I can have a little chat with him after talking to my sis. Maybe then his attitude will change."

Nicole and Rafe smiled, holding each other. "We really do work well together, don't we?"

"The best," Rafe said, kissing her cheek. DR started to cry, and Nicole and Rafe went and picked him up and set him back down, playing with him with his toys.

Nice touch with Rafe and DR sitting on the floor playing with some of their toys.... I say their cause I think Rafe was enjoying them as much as DR was. I wish with all my heart, that DR is still out there some where. Nicole needs him, and if the poor little fellow is still some where, he can use some of this love she has for him, as well as Rafe needs to have him to dote on....This is definitely NOT a throw away baby.... I would love to have this story come to pass. Thanks DD for the thought that goes into writing this, and for the devotion it takes to have it blossom as this one has. I am very dedicated to assisting with raising the awareness of the talents of the author of this wonderful story.

Chapter 92: My Immortal
Abigail and Chad were walking on the pier and holding hands. The night was warm and humid, so there was no need for sweaters. Each of them was holding a cup of iced coffee. "You know, I just can't help but feel so sorry for Nicole. I know she's no saint, but what Cameron did to that innocent baby boy is inexcusable."

"Yeah. I feel bad for what happened too. I can't believe Cameron would do something like that. I mean, we all thought he was such a good guy. What would my sister think if she was still alive?"

"Well, at least everything's OK now. Nicole and EJ have their baby back. Rafe saved him."

"But is everything alright? I mean, they've missed out on so much of his life, and there's no telling who hired Cameron in the first place. And we can't put him away for what he did."

"What do you mean?" Abby asked.

"I was looking for the picture of him in my apartment yesterday and couldn't find it. Someone took it."

"Whoever hired him must've gotten word of him being exposed. Do you think someone broke into your apartment and took it?"

"There was no sign of forced entry," Chad pointed out, thinking back. "I can't imagine that whoever did this was some petty criminal."

"Then maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was someone truly powerful. Like Victor or Stefano."

"There's no way Maggie would've sat back and let Victor do this. Besides, what would he have to gain from this?"

"OK then, what about Stefano?"

"You're not seriously accusing my father, are you?" Chad shouted. "He would never have done something like this, especially to his own grandchild!"

"Oh yeah, because Stefano's never tried to hurt anyone before," Abigail said sarcastically. "C'mon, Chad, he even tried to steer you away from uncovering what it was that Cam was doing on the pier! Don't you remember?"

Chad began to consider this. Could his father really be behind all the pain that EJ, Nicole, Rafe and others had suffered? "There's only one way to find out. We need to see if anyone left evidence behind in my room. And I'm gonna call Rafe for help with that."

Some Spoilers for what to expect:
-EJ does something drastic to win back Nicole...
-Stefano begins to feel the pressure
-Rafe has a HUGE surprise for Nicole
-Lucas wonders if Sami is really worth it...

This is real interesting, but when Chad said that the picture was missing when he went looking for it the day before, he should have called Rafe immediately.... By the way. This is so realistic, I thought I was in the wrong thread when I came to the spoilers for the coming chapters. That was wonderful. Thanks... what a clever idea. This is great chapter, but I have to tell you to check your mail....

Chapter 93: Hexes
Rafe was walking through the Town Square, looking at numerous things through the store windows. He'd just gotten DR a big stuffed bear and was carrying it over his shoulder. Something in one of the store windows caught his attention. A small gold ring on one of those fake white 'fingers' was on display at Kay Jewelers. Rafe thought it would look nice on Nicole...but not yet. Perhaps in a few months. There was still so much other stuff going on in their lives, and Rafe knew right now wasn't the right time to propose.

"Rafe!"

Rafe looked up and saw Chad running towards him. "Hey Chad, what is it?"

"I need to talk to you about something important. It's about Cameron."

Cameron ran into Abigail on in the park. She was on a jog and was shocked to see him. "I had to see you, Abigail. Please, just let me talk."

At first, Abby sighed and wanted to leave, but Cameron blocked her path. "You know my jog routine. Of course," she said. "I have nothing to say to you. You disgust me!"

"I have lots to say to you, though. Just listen, please!"

"What? What do you have to say to me!? How you lied to me and everyone else in this town for months? How you were an accessory to kidnapping an innocent child? Because I've already heard it all, Cam! Lexie would be ashamed to call you her brother."

"You don't mean that. You don't know that!"

"I do! I knew Lexie better than you did. She wasn't perfect, but she was a good person! And everything I ever knew about you was a lie! You are empty inside. You have no heart! You took away a woman's baby and felt nothing!"

"Abigail, just try to understand-"

"No, Cam, I don't want to understand how you could do something like that! And I can't even begin to. I'm done here, and I'm done with you." Abigail jogged around Cameron, leaving both of them in tears.

"Why didn't you come sooner? You should've told me as soon as you realized it was missing!"

"I didn't think of it at the moment," Chad said. "I thought I misplaced it. I'm sorry."

"Well, now we can't put away Cameron. But we can try to find out who's behind this."

"Abigail thinks that my father is behind it," Chad said. "Do you think she could be right?"

"I wouldn't rule him out," Rafe said, "but there's really no way of knowing. I'll look into it."

In every rain bow, there is a thin area, and we can only imagine what is going on in the atmosphere to cause the beautiful area to thin, and some of the luster of the colors to disappear. I will miss the chapter for tomorrow, but I know how much dedication it takes to write. I have done some many years ago, and the words come, and the thoughts are there, but by the time we have the chance to write them down........ the time is either gone or the remembrance of the story, or "colors of the rainbow" is faded... Sorry about being part of the loyal followers, that not only love the characters of the story, buy you and your portrayal of the characters.... Have a great day...

Chapter 94: Blackbird
Nicole spotted Nick on the pier, alone. She walked up to him. "Hello, Nick. Nice day, isn't it?"

"Hey, Nicole. Yeah it is. What're you doing here?"

"I just come here for some solitude, sometimes. Just to think, clear my head a bit. What about you?"

"Same thing," he responded quietly. He was facing the water, away from Nicole. She knew this was her moment.

"So how're things with Gabi? You two seemed a bit tense, awkward, maybe nervous, during the plane flights and just lately. Nothing's wrong, is it? Something I can help you with?"

"I don't think we need any help," Nick said. "I love Gabi and the baby, and Gabi loves me. And this baby will too."

"Well, then it doesn't seem like you're upset that the child is Will's, and not yours. And that he'll always have a connection to her, right?"

"Of course not," Nick pointed out. "Will's just her best friend. He's gay, he's with Sonny. I have nothing to be jealous of, or worried about."

"So then why do you have a problem with Gabi hanging out with her friends, like your cousin, Abigail? You worried she might catch a newer, shinier fish in the sea?" Nicole stepped closer to Nick, and he turned to face her, looking nervous and upset at the same time.

"What do you want, Nicole? Why are you really here? And how do you know all this?"

"I'm with Rafe, Nick. I am close to Gabi as a result of that. And she tells me things. It's called girl-talk, in case you've never heard of it."

"Well, she shouldn't be blabbering to you about our personal life. And it's none of your business, so you shouldn't even be asking."

"What are you so afraid of, Nick?" Nicole asked.

"You trying to poison Gabi and Rafe against me! Stop our little family by making sure that baby doesn't know me, that Gabi doesn't love me! I know what you did to EJ and Sami's baby, what you tried to do to Jennifer and the hell you put her family through because of it! Well, I'll tell you this: it's not going to work against me."

"Are you sure? Because Gabi has seemed on edge around you. She's been staying with Abigail. If anyone's gonna tear your family apart, it's going to be you, not me. So you'd better watch your step. And since you know that Rafe is a cop and you know about my past, I suggest you be extra careful!" And with that, Nicole left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back