The Walking Dead

:confused: Saw clip of season finale on Talking Dead and Carol is puttin' the knife to Peter! And, without knowing who it is, the audience was told there would be blood spilled on the finale and not just walkers, pointing to another major character death.

Ok, so Rick is majorly losing it again, but he's correct in his rant. Utopia is nonexistent in the zombie apocalypse (unless your in the arctic and have a mega bunker filled with food, hydroponic growing system, and medical supplies. Zombies can't move when they're frozen like ice. The girl Carl is with, I hope she doesn't turn out to be like the one who had to look at the flowers. Love Carol, as always.

I'm so nervous about next week. It scares me that Carol and Daryl are the special guests on the Talking Dead. And there's a third "surprise" cast member guest appearance also on the Talking Dead= I bet whoever dies is the third person. The good news for me is that could mean that Carol and Daryl are NOT the ones that are going to die.... which would really be a sigh of relief. (I love Daryl. Just please please please don't kill him off yet...)

I agree, Rick is losing it. I heard someone on Talking Dead say they "expected him to pick up the phone and call Lori"... I laughed, but I agree. I can totally see him falling back into his crazy, talking to Lori days.

dayslady, my thoughts exactly when I heard who the guests were on Talking Dead. Wonder if it's Glenn?

:( That would make me so sad...but I have a feeling it could be Glenn.
Remember the MAJOR "easter egg" earlier this season?
In the comics, Negan appears (soon, very soon)... and Negan smashes Glenn's head with a baseball bat.
We watched as Glenn looked into a CD and smashed it (foreshadowing his head smashing), then stepped out of the van and picked up a baseball bat. (ding dong. we have a winner)

I wonder... if Negan shows up in the finale (instead of beginning of next season as rumored)... and then it's bye bye Glenn. Hate it- but the comics are sometimes followed closely (sometimes the show strays though). But it is looking like this part of the comics will be followed to a "T".
Negan will be there, with his bat named Lucille.... and Glenn will be the one to die.

HOWEVER, it does not say that Maggie will be one of the guests. I would think that if Glenn was the one to die, she'd be a guest on the show. so I could be wrong---

All I got to say is ... THEY BETTER NOT KILL OFF MY MAN DARYL DIXON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
y'all. I'm gonna freak out. :eek:

Dayslady, don't forget that other foreshadowing with the bat when they were lined up at the trough at Terminus. But, given Glenn being on Talking Dead just recently, I don't know that they'd schedule him to be on there twice so soon. There's also the slim possibility that they are teasing us with those things as an homage to the comics, but ultimately have a different fate in mind for Glenn.

Rick's definitely a loose cannon. And there are personal issues (his attraction to Jessie) clouding his judgment and actions. The similarity between Deanna/Dawn from the hospital in allowing bad actions to happen without punishment because of the need of certain people (more like, certain skills) is probably also there. And we see how well the hospital turned out for the group, losing Beth. I love how that is tying the first half of the season with this half.

I still have trouble figuring out exactly what Deanna wants from the group. She wants tough people, wants numbers, wants to rebuild society. But she is still living with the mindset of the world before the apocalypse and rebuilding society post-apocalypse has to take into account what the world has become and the new dangers of that world. What she wants comes with a lot of tricky issues like what to do with "bad" people or when people do "bad things". What do you excuse, what do you punish, and how? Deanna and Rick are at opposite ends of that issue. It's frustrating because we've only seen snippets of their video interviews and don't know if Deanna truly gets what horrific things they have gone through. She may have been told, but does she "get it"? It's obvious that Alexandria isn't set up to deal with the psychological effects of the Apocalypse given that most of them have been there for so long and haven't dealt with the depravity of the outside.

I'm so ready for Sunday! And then my countdown to October begins....too long!

I have a good friend who has read the scene breakdown for the season finale. Glenn will not die. That's all I can say without spoiling. I was floored. Didn't expect that answer. Hello W!

Can't resist. Hint: W = M. Just one small hint on focus of episode.

Reactions: YPG
Back