The wedding

I'm also disappointed that Sami isn't pregnant. Note that SOD said she's not pregnant. It said nothing about her not having a kid with Rafe though it implied she didn't. Why even bother with all the dialogue about Rafe not being a father?

I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks. I just hope John and Marlena actually get married before the chaos starts. I'm tired of so many couples getting divorced and then living together without remarrying.

I'd say I was disappointed but that doesn't even begin to cover it. I'm whatever about Susan/Sami coming back. But, the wedding (in my opinion) isn't the time. I was hoping for one last beautiful wedding on Days of a super couple. Let's face it - this is likely the last time John and Marlena will be married. The show isn't going to last forever. I wish they would have done it justice by having a wonderful wedding and celebration. Missed opportunity.

Sigh....it seems like any wedding is going to be the scene for disaster and chaos. That's a given on Days. So disappointing that the writers can't give the fans a happy wedding event and save the craziness for later. I'm also disappointed that Jordan and Kristen are returning. The bad are outnumbering the good, and that's not good: Sami, Kate, Gabi, Kristen, Stefan, Ben, maybe Jordan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Belle still doesn't have a ring so I'm guessing it's still under the rug

How many Marlena and John weddings have there been,
and how many timed has Marlena been married all together?

I'll give this a go. Someone has a twitter thread running on this topic right now so I was just reading it earlier.

1986: The big church wedding. Then Marlena "died" and came back in 1991.
1997: Another church wedding but it was interrupted when Kristen brought Roman back.
1999: The Penthouse Grill wedding with the blue dress. Then John was brainwashed on their honeymoon and slept with Hope/Gina.
2002: Vow renewal
2005: They got married again after the Salem Stalker case when Marlena "died". Then later they found out John and Gina had married during one of their trysts so the marriage was invalid as was Bo and Hope's.
2012: They returned to Salem having married offscreen.
2014: Divorced because of Kristen
2018: Wedding this week

There was also a wedding around 2009. It was in a hospital room. John was in the hospital after being stabbed with some poison by that crazy psychiatrist lady and he was paralyzed. He just had all his memories back after being Robo John (brought back from the dead after being hit by a car and all his memories erased by Rolf). I believe during this time he and Marlena had divorced because he was such a jerk toward Marlena when his memory was gone. So once his memory returned in the hospital, they got married. It also happened to be the last episode with them until 2011, when they returned from Switzerland for John’s medical treatment for his paralysis.

2005: They got married again after the Salem Stalker case when Marlena "died". Then later they found out John and Gina had married during one of their trysts so the marriage was invalid as was Bo and Hope's.
2012: They returned to Salem having married offscreen.
2014: Divorced because of Kristen
I don't think this is exactly right. I can't speak exactly as to the 2005 stuff, but the most reliable site I know states there were 5 John marriages (including the time he was Roman, which I have excluded): 1999, 2006 [I think that's post-stalker, divorced in 2008], 2009 [married before they left town after the RoboJohn stuff]. Then they discovered the Alimanian non-sense [Feb-ish 2012] so the marriage was invalidated. After the late 2012/2013 Kristen debacle, they divorced, meaning they had married off-screen (while they were on-screen)].

Wow, those were some awful years. It is for this reason I was looking forward to a happy wedding with everything else being drama around it.

Back