This is Us (may contain spoilers), part 3

tonight is season finale'

What a great episode last night.

I was happy Beth found a door to keep their marriage.

I was shocked baby Jack left the hospital already.

Equally shocked...thought babies has to weigh around 5 lbs before going home...(maybe 4???)
the entire episode was so well done.....plus glimpses into the far ahead future....Bravo!

The end contained slight time jumps (baby Jack coming home, Beth/Randall/kids packing to move, and Zoe packing to leave Kevin's apartment), then it had the big time jump when they were all at Kevin's house to apparently visit an elderly/ailing Rebecca.

interview with creator of show wanted to make sure everyone knew Baby Jack survived and was o.k. But tho it seemed that perhaps Rebecca was suffering from dementia or Alzheimers, would only say "it could be, maybe not".
The small time jumps were confusing, for sure. I liked the interweaving of Randall going to the door of his mother's room in the far future, with memory of doing so in hospital when he was a kid.

Great first episode for the new season.

A lot of new faces, but I knew at the end we would understand
who they were.

I really enjoyed the song at the end.

It was a little confusing/frustrating at first to see all of those new faces with only young Jack and Rebecca sprinkled in.

But as it went on, I wondered if the musician was baby Jack (in the future) as it's not uncommon for NICU babies to have vision problems.

We were having a jim dandy thunder & lightning storm going on, so lost TV various times, so .....was even more confused. Thought a couple times that perhaps I was getting a different show, as did not know who those people were, or why a war was going on, etc. However, finally the TV settled down, and was able to figure it all out. Still don't know who the woman with the PTSD is. Except she eventually will be tied to Nicky in some way.

It really felt like they had completely changed the direction of the show until the end when you saw how the new characters were fitting into the Pearson puzzle.

Poirot, the woman might involved with Kevin unless she's related to Uncle Nicky.

During the show, a woman brought her car in to the mechanic. It had a sticker with
name Pearson on. I knew then.. things are going like they should.

It's going to be interesting to see why the broken plate is important. Jack had it
framed and is on his wall.

Here's a link to an article "Everything you Need to Know"

https://parade.com/925410/alexandra-hurtado/this-is-us-season-4/

Back