This is Us (may contain spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the show today. Another good one. I enjoyed seeing the events
before the babies were born.

Yes, this show is so very good. I loved last week's episode showing the events of the day the triplets were born. I'm so anxious to know how Miguel got with the mom! Interesting too how they aged her so gracefully. Mandy Moore is my age and it's strange seeing my generation playing an older one. Love it!)

In the flashbacks, Miguel and his wife are good friends of Rebecca and Jack. So, we know that Jack dies but not how. But what about Miguel's wife? What happened to her? How did he end up with Rebecca???? I need to know these things. hahaha

I wonder how long the character of Will (Randall's biological father) will stay around? His character's health seems to have a taken a turn for the better after he went off chemo but in real life sometimes that is the sudden perk before the end. Really like the character of Will, so was kinda hoping the writers would find a way to keep her around for a little while.

Oh that one came on when I was hyped on pain meds after my surgery. I remember watching that one but not all the details. Thanks for sharing. I wonder how many generations this show might choose to go back in flashback scenes?

Two shockers last night. That fight between Jack and Rebecca and him leaving afterwards to go to Valentines's dinner by himself. Oh and, so proud of Kevin. He did right by his brother Randall. I can see from flashbacks how Kevin could feel Randall was always chosen over him and have problems with that but he did not let that get in his way last night.

I missed the 1st half hour or so.......but Randall was clearly in distress, and yes, Kevin going to be with his brother...wonderful.

I was really surprised Jack got so angry and jealous. I think his wife was, too.

I was also glad they showed Miguel in a positive light last night. The talk between him and Kevin was nice.

Agreed. It is what made Kevin decide to go to Randall instead of the play.

Tho, admit, felt bad for the gal who was expecting the actor to appear, and no one there. But definitely a good thing for Kevin to have done.

I just saw the show. I can't believe how it ended. I'm happy Kevin went to his brother, but
I keep thinking about both of their jobs.

Jack's death must've hurt Kate a lot since she can't talk about it.

Oh I was so mad at NBC for taking away my Grimm but I have to forgive them now because This is Us is just a one of a kind show that comes along once every ten years or so. Had me sobbing last night. This show is just so well put together from top to bottom. It makes sense now as to why William ended up in a position where he could not raise Randall himself. If this show does not get some Emmy nods for acting, directing, writing, something is way wrong in my view.

I've been watching it from the start, it's really great show. I'm glad to see others like it to. Oh, and speaking of Grimm, that new show they brought in to replace it, Emerald City is horrible. I thought it was going to be a Game of Thrones style series but I couldn't make any sense of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read an interview with the creators of the show. They talked of having this stand alone episode while creating the pilot. There may be more. They figure with the way they go back and forth in time, they may be able to do a few more. The family deals with William's death next week...........but these creators indicate there is more to tell, how this impacts Randall, Beth, her family's background, Kevin, Kate.

I am in love with this show! And I knew it was Miguel (the dad's best friend) the moment they walked in on that episode. I was so anxious to find out what was going on. Ok, I got the next week that the dad passed away. Then I wondered about Miguel's wife. Had to wait a week to find out they divorced.

I'm anxious to see how Rebecca (Mandy Moore's character) got together with Miguel. This show has me hooked and on the edge of my seat! I cried like a baby this week when William passed away, while Randall held his face just like Jack used to hold his.

How they connected those 3 people was just beautiful. BRAVO to the writers, the actors, and all of the in between, set crew, cameramen. All of it was beautiful. What a beautiful moment for television.

Days writers should take notes. Seriously.

I finally saw last week's episode last night.

Another great episode.

I laughed every time Randall made his bed. Doesn't he know they change the sheets
when you only spend one night?

Randall lives in NYC. Where did they live when they grew up? I was trying to figure
out where part of the dad's ashes are.

Thanks. I kept trying to think what route they took to get to Memphis

That's true. Maybe we'll find out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back