Thurs. 6/19

Is the slippery Mr. Shin still around? If memory serves, he played a role in EJ's short-lived takeover of DiMera Enterprises. How did this turncoat survive Stefano's wrath after his counterrevolution? If he crosses the Phoenix again and aids Kate and Sami, it's not hard to imagine a scene in which Joseph Mascolo does his own version of the scene in Animal House in which John Belushi threatens his frat's enemies. Wormer, dead! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer, dead! Shin, dead! Catarina, dead! Samantha, dead! People never seem to learn -- don't mess with Stefano.
ELVIS DEAD!

WOW! I missed this whole week from work and I am in absolute shock. I had a strong feeling Eve was Paige's mother I been speculating that for awhile. Just so they can wreck havoc between JJ and Paige as well as bring back the rivalry between Eve and Jennifer. Eve seemed to be coming onto Daniel (we all know he LOVES his female patients) and in fact I feel Eve knew this entire time she has been away what has been going on in Salem.

Hence her knowing possibly Daniel and Jennifer were together, and what's more icing on the cake then to hop into bed with Daniel to tick off Jennifer more. Of course I can see Jennifer and Eve not wanting Paige and JJ together since they both hate each other. However I feel Paige will break away from Eve if she finds out her mother was a ex teenage prostitute on drugs (being a hypocrite the way she raised Paige to be studious) and Frankie might be her father. JJ will break away from Jennifer when he finds out Jen kept secret Eve was Theresa's sister and was married to Jack. Which JJ and Paige may actually survive as a couple.

WOW Sami and Kate I already had a feeling of that. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum...JS. HOWEVER I am shocked how the writers did a FANTASTIC job of how they went about with the story. I figured Sami and Kate would just have to force themselves to get along. Now the fact Sami knew for awhile now about Abby and EJ's affair having Kate's help.

Let's think back people!! Remember Kate was confronted by EJ with that orange envelope with the photos and went off on her in Kate's office? Kate hinted that why was EJ so afraid of that envelope in which "thought" Kate wasn't behind it. But it was empty. What if Kate actually was the one who found the pictures on her date with Stefano and went straight to Sami with the evidence of the photos EJ with Abby? They made the audience very clear to us on screen that Sami was mad with Kate to be with Stefano, when in truth it was made to look that way to fool us viewers and really that was part of the plan. Yes it does seem Sami and Kate bonded as friends over the Nick ordeal; because they're basically all they have, are exactly the same, and are family.

I also feel Victor is part of the plan. Kate would need to seem "vulnerable" to Stefano being fired from Mad World so Stefano can be manipulated into thinking Kate not only wants him back but NEEDS him. That's how Stefano operates. However I feel Victor would want nothing more then to have Stefano humiliated and thrown off his thrown when his baby's mama Kate can over take everything over. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler form....JS

I love how when Kate and Sami were "fighting" that most of the cake and the drink landed on Abigail. As soon as Kate called Sami the b word it seemed almost like it was directed at Abigail and the drink landed on her with enough time for Sami to dodge like she knew it was gonna happen. And when they were throwing cake at each other they made sure Abigail was in the middle and the two Sami and Kate trying to throw cake at each other was really meant to keep on hitting Abigail. Kate and Sami were indirectly attacking Abigail on purpose and I loved it.

edited to replace word....JS

I loved the show. Nicole and Victor snarking was fantastic as usual, the rest of the show was decent enough, despite the ugly dress Eve had on and Jennif's horrid outfit. But the Sami and Kate scenes took the cake (pun intended)! Sami's words to the portrait, her hinting at things with Abigail, and tasting the cake after that fabulous food fight were all just so fun to watch, then her muttering after EJ left and meeting up with Kate to tell her everything went according to plan. Fantastic and kudos to the writers!

I hope JJ and Paige are not siblings. Eww!
Regarding the Eve-Jennifer age issue, maybe Eve was a freshman when Jennifer was a senior, and that is hos they are explaining it...???
Sami's tight dress she changed into was worse than the one she was wearing in the beginning. It was almost as bad as Jennifer's outfit!

People never seem to learn -- don't mess with Stefano.
I don't know - John, Marlena, and Roman seem none the worse for wear! :)

(being a hypocrite the way she raised Paige to be studious)
Hmmm...that's assuming Eve is STILL a prostitute and drug addict, isn't it? I know lots of people who turned their lives around when they had kids, and raised their kids to have better than they did.

I agree with posters who are saying it's hard to accept anyone but Charlotte Ross as Eve. To me, Kassie DePaiva is Blair (OLTL/GH). I know it's been over 20 years since Eve was in Salem - perhaps I could accept an unknown better.

I like this new Eve but I didn't like that they redid the flashback scene with her, especially because I saw the original on Youtube a few days ago. Also making her high school pic look like Paige was silly, Charlotte Ross (original Eve) did not look like that. I hope Eve is written as a complex character and not just pure evil, as I recall she was very multi-faceted the first time around.

Jen seems to have not learned anything from why Daniel is angry at her, since she turns around and does the same thing to JJ Daniel was complaining about--leaving out info and not telling him things because she doesn't trust his reaction. Isn't that how JJ ended up having a nervous breakdown and smashing the store window in the first place?

Nicole needs someone to talk to. I wish she and Daniel would make up because I think that just like Roman talked some sense into Marlena, Daniel could possibly help her calm down so she could make a decision that isn't based on emotion. Maybe Rafe will be able to if anything ever comes of her message to him. I think Nicole was lashing out at Marlena because she is frustrated at how Marlena has bullied her and been mean to her every chance she got, and now Marlena is treating her like she's Kristen which is ridiculous. It was KRISTEN who ruined Eric's career and KRISTEN who would do anything to hurt Marlena. Doesn't Marlena remember last summer when Nicole tried to help her get Kristen and Marlena then turned around and told Nicole she was too needy blah blah? Or how Nicole was the one who ran Kristen out of town? Geez.

I think Nicole really did intend to help Eric but after he told her off she felt there was no point. Plus, if she testifies, if he's not reinstated the holier-than-thou club will blame her no matter what she says to the bishop. Also this is no different than last year after the run-in with Sami when she didn't want to help Eric clear his name but Daniel talked her out of it. The only difference is now she doesn't have Daniel to help her.

I can't believe neither Abby nor EJ is suspicious of Sami's over-the-top sweet behavior--she is so phony right now. Kate had better help her with putting on an act.

Eras, just so you know, Eve Donovan NEVER did drugs. In the Summer 1998, she did try to buy drugs on the pier, but Nick Corelli, caught her and took them AWAY from her.

Eve wasn't even on the show in 1998 (nor was Nick Corelli; he died in 1990, after being shot by Jo Johnson, Patch/Adrienne/Jack's mother).

Folks...watch your tapes again...I thought for sure in the end scene that Harold was talking to Kristen - not Stefano. To me it sounded like, "Yes, Miss DiMera, Miss Roberts seemed sincere, protective....her exact words were Stefano knows I love him and support him. But maybe I'm wrong...?

Back