Thursday, March 6th

thank you sami for proving you are a liar.

thank you barb for the write up.

cjknick...you are too funny. I want to shout at them...please eat some pretzels for goodness sakes...rotfl! And I love the word snarky...I intend to use it in every sentence today...lol!

KD...I think Daddy is probably one of Steffies associates or mob enemies. Maybe one of those seventh sons...soory, I can't help myself some days! This stuff is hilarious! I see Victor taking care of that when Hope gets kidnapped (at least it migh be a grown up ) or poisoned or whatever by the crazy Ava.

And Sami is willing to stay married and trick the government for EJ...glimpse of the scheming Sami is wonderful and I am so thrilled that I haven't heard, "I HAD to". Maybe when Lucas comes back...lol!

Speaking Of "not On My Watch"

You said they new Dr...tells Chelsey Bob won't die '""Not on my Watch"....

Did't John use that phrase on the plane....and Lexie at the hospital?

Isnt this a new phrase...or just new Writer.?

I'm not sure about this John...I want him to be with Marlena so badly...and love his
child (Belle) and grandchild (Clare). Drake is so good with them....I hate it when this John is mean to them as he was the other day...

Just my two cents :)

It seems like he is 100% in love with her & she is just in like with him.

Sadly for Nick it's always been this way with them, but he knew what he was getting into w her from day one. He's chosen to be with her despite, well... her!

So why is Sami willing to help EJ when she wouldn't help Lucas?

VERY VERY good point cjknick! Never thought of it like that... wonder if Lucas will be bringing that up at some point... you know he'll have a definate opinion about it.

I read an interview with Sean Christian (Dr. Jonas) and his storyline, and it did not say anything about hooking up with Chelsea. She is actually coming off like this poor little waif, and acting as if she is the only one in all of Salem who is affected by events of late. .

Poor little waif? LOL! Little harsh there aren't we? I mean I agree about her attitude being wrong, but she might not be able to help being skinny... lol... rotfl waif! haha Anyway this is typical Chelsea behavoir isn't it? Poor me and unapprectative of Nick. Her character's always been selfish, can't see that changing much.

My husband having been from Venezuela, had to reenter Venezuela, apply for a marriage Visa and have 3 sponsors, before we could marry.

So EJ is S O L..........

Oh gosh, really? Wow, good luck with EJ getting anyone to sponsor him. He's burned all his bridges really. No matter how friendly Sami is with him now. It probably won't last.

Okay so will someone explain to me how EJ plans to get a job if his visa has expired?! Last I checked you needed one of those in order to get a job.

SO SO TRUE! Good point!

thank you sami for proving you are a liar.

thank you barb for the write up.

Best post yet, hands down! Way to go lumifan!

I just loved reading everyone's posts today... yall are much apprecitated and WE ALL LOVE YOU PIOROT FOR WRITING THE SUMMARIES! thankx~

Someone said this earlier, but I thought the same thing when reading this...Chelsea stares at Bo and Hope wondering if she would have a love like that...HELLO! Nick! Did we forget the hairbrush and Willow?The AirHo fiasco? The Decker story? Nick has stayed with her through thick and thin being her voice of reason...even when she was mean to him!
Ugh! I really am not a fan of those two! Chelsea is too self centered to be so upset over Bo and Shawn. I just don't buy her sincerity!

This dance Steve is doing with Kayla really bothers me! Again, Kayla isn't stupid! Just tell her what is going on!

And I think it is safe to say that with the INS agent bringing up so much of EJ's sordid past with Sami, I doubt EJ set this deportation thing up. I am thinking maybe John or Lucas.
Great note, Poirot, about them deporting all of the Dimeras; Lexie, Tony, John....well, then again, maybe John didn't set this up afterall. Maybe he will stay John Black and not John Dimera.

I, too, loved everyone's posts today! Great thoughts and points!
Thanks for the writeup, Poirot!

In Sami's defense...she only delared EJ's feelings for her, not her feelings for EJ!!

Sorry...I feel like I have to help cover Sami's <<back>> she is always getting the bad end of the deal! Poor Girl

good point rubyrat! i love sami and root for lumi. i can't believe i mixed that up!

Did the INS agent know that EJ has a separate apartment? He knows everything else! And I also thought it would be interesting for some law firm to hire EJ if he has no visa! Not exactly like working at just any job! And they haven't clarified if he is a US citizen or not. My guess is that since they haven't specified, he has no US passport. And no marriage guarantees citizenship - I have a friend who started paperwork for and then married a Ukranian woman in her home town and he returned here and he is still waiting for any progress on permission for her to be here even temporarily. Another friend married a woman in the Philippines and it took more than a year for her to move here. Let's just let soapland be soapland I guess! I just wish they were a little less ridiculous -- oh well! And PLEASE Steve, tell Kayla - she can benefit from a sec. guard but not if she doesn't know he's there to protect her! As for Chelsea - she's only said how SHE can't lose her dad - it's all about her. And Nick is just out in the cold. I didn't understand Morgan's interest in Nick at all, so maybe she's got him confused? Thanks Poirot!!!!

Burke retorts that she was married to Lucas Horton, and their records show that Mr. DiMera forced her to have sexual relations with him, and also forced her into marriage.

Uh, since when would the INS have records that Sami was forced into marriage? That would be Salem gossip, and although I know Salemites have a hard time keeping their mouths shut, I have a hard time buying that the INS guy would have this info.

Uh, since when would the INS have records that Sami was forced into marriage? That would be Salem gossip, and although I know Salemites have a hard time keeping their mouths shut, I have a hard time buying that the INS guy would have this info.

Someone turned EJ in - Gave the feds this information ... My guess either Lucas, Kate or Philip ... or it could be EJ who set this whole thing up as a ploy to stay married to Sami ... I think the writer's left it vague enough that they could go either way! I don't think it was EJ because that would have been hedging his bet - what if Sami just said good - you are out of my life - see ya! And I just don't think that EJ would have used the word "forced". But it could be EJ - word has it that the character of EJ was going to be more grounded and that there was going to be a total reinvention of his character but James Scott (EJ) hope that they didn't make EJ too good! Not evil but not too good either!

ITA! It could have been Kate - she has a vested interest in wanting Sami to be miserable, for sure. On the other hand, he worked for/with her at Mythic so she'd not be an unbiased source of info, and she broke the law if he's not legally able to work in the US! Maybe we can get rid of her finally?!

I think the only reason Sami is doing anything for EJ is to make sure one of the kids has a father on the scene. She's sensitive about the "two parents" thing. Can't imagine why considering her own childhood...

If EJ was such a good guy, couldn't he have dropped the charges against Lucas? He didn't die from the gunshot after all, and it's not like he hasn't done worse himself.

If EJ gets deported, however, I wonder if he'll try to take Johnny with him. That would be my biggest fear if I was Sami. (By the way, how can she afford twins. She hasn't worked in... well a long time.)

If EJ was such a good guy, couldn't he have dropped the charges against Lucas? He didn't die from the gunshot after all, and it's not like he hasn't done worse himself.

It wasn't up to EJ. The District Attorney brought the charges and would have tried Lucas (if he hadn't confessed) even without EJ's testimony if they had to.

I've seen the deportation scene already and it's pretty good. The INS guy is really great - excellent casting choice ... I hope they give him more scenes. I would love it if this guy was like white on rice where EJ and Sami is concerned - we could really have some funny scenes. Sami for the first time in a long time seems happy. Smiling, joking and at ease. I hope this s/l gives us more of the old Sami back - Sami ripped the INS agent a new one - nice to see her all 'itchy again. EJ was charming and funny and annoying all at once. Again the writer's are leaving this open it could be that EJ was set-up or it could be that EJ set it up - If EJ set it up that would be ok with me - I was kind of missing crafty EJ and scheming Sami ... maybe this is how we get them back ... perhaps Sami will see through this and call EJ's scheming bluff by counter scheming ... That would be so Mr. and Mrs. Smith .... man I would just love that!

And we all have our own theories, which undoubtably vary a great deal.
I don't think anyone "turned anyone in". EJ's visa expired, he paid no attention and did not try to renew it. It raised a red flag, The government investigated. Obviously, as others reported here, it is done all the time.
Mr. Burke did comment about marriages of convenience.....done just so that someone can remain in the U.S. This is why they try to make sure a marriage is a valid one. Obviously, in their investigation, they learned a great deal. And what they learned did not set well.

As to Sami not testifying on Lucas's behalf...he really did not give her a chance. Tho I have to admit the Sami of old would have gone storming down to Abe, Mickey, the DA...etc. But, by the time Sami learned what Lucas had done, it was apparently too late.

It's so funny, Poirot; you are so right on! Just one little (possible, arguable) variable: I have another friend who years ago married a guy from Australia so he could get a green card. Their wedding took place then he applied for the green card. After two years they were still waiting for then-INS (now really ICE) to interview them to see if the marriage was valid. Then his situation changed and he went back to Australia! So who knows if the ICE really would investigate so quickly unless someone brought it to their attention. I hope we find out soon! I too love their banter (Sami & EJ) and think she wants him in the picture -- she realized she is exhausted without his help! I believe he's been supporting her too, so she has good reasons to want him to stay in the country.

I feel sorry for Chelsea, but in a way, she's not making it easy. She seems to be too focused on how Bo's illness is affecting only herself (i.e. ""I"" don't want to lose him). What about everyone else and what about all that pain that Bo is going through ? She still needs a lot of maturing IMHO.

And judging by that last comment, she clearly doesn't seem to be that much into Nick. He'll probably always be just the really dependable nice guy in her eyes no matter how much love he shows her. A couple of months ago, it was Jett who distracted from the instant he came to town, and now it seems to be Daniel - who btw looks like he is old enough to be her father. But then again, Chelsea has a pattern of liking older men.

Didn't Lucas ask Sami to sign an affidavit or something about his "temporary insanity"? She refused because it made HER look bad. Also, he didn't "trust" her to do the right thing. Again, made HER look bad. Weren't those a couple of reasons she gave for not not helping him. So far, helping EJ doesn't make HER look bad.

Lucas never asked Sami to sign anything.....or to say anything. She was really ticked off that he did not trust her to handle EJ and this forced marriage in her own way, but she always said she loved him, would always love him. She was really upset that his confession would be taking him away from her and their family for such a long period of time, but she still professed her love for him.

Back