Thursday, March 6th

And we all have our own theories, which undoubtably vary a great deal.
I don't think anyone "turned anyone in". EJ's visa expired, he paid no attention and did not try to renew it. It raised a red flag, The government investigated. Obviously, as others reported here, it is done all the time.
Mr. Burke did comment about marriages of convenience.....done just so that someone can remain in the U.S. This is why they try to make sure a marriage is a valid one. Obviously, in their investigation, they learned a great deal. And what they learned did not set well.

As to Sami not testifying on Lucas's behalf...he really did not give her a chance. Tho I have to admit the Sami of old would have gone storming down to Abe, Mickey, the DA...etc. But, by the time Sami learned what Lucas had done, it was apparently too late.

I guess it could be just that simple that EJ's visa just simply expired and they had to have this miny storyline to move the plot along ... Which I would guess would be that EJ and Sami have to live as husband and wife and have to appear as a happily married couple to the outside world. At least they are getting along.

As far as Sami not helping Lucas - her conversation with Philip said it all - she was not going to testify that she drove Lucas to desperate measures ... and she told Lucas the same thing. Plus she was angry that she had to learn about this potential defense from Philip and Lucas' lawyers and not him. Sami was pretty angry with Lucas for not trusting her.

IN contrast ... EJ does trust Sami - he listens to her, he admires her, he applauds her - he asks for her advice and he asks for her help. He simply thinks she is amazing. He's told her that so many times too many to count and he tells other people how amazing Sami is! He has included Sami in solving this problem and Sami I think is kind of enjoying it. It gives her chance to be "crafty" and "itchy" but for a good cause. but what she said about him was so telling .... "you would be so lucky if someone loved you half as much as EJ loves me."

Really?? I thought she was refused to sign or testify or something about his "temporary insanity" which, at the time, I thought was rather selfish because she didn't want to look bad.

I don't watch everyday, so I'm relying on memory of what I've read on different sites. Have a lot of "gray" moments so excuse the lapses!

What we're thinking of is the conversation that Sami had with Philip...cjknick2 just mentioned it in the above thread. I don't believe there was anything beyond that.

OK... fog clearing a bit. I kinda remember it now. Guess it was with Philip. (was still selfish though)... THANKS YA'LL!

Ava, etc

Does anyone remember way back in the 80s that blonde young gal, wasn't she Ava or was it Eve??? Anyone recall that?? She was long blonde and was left with I think Kim and Shane because she was psycho or out of control.

Anyhow, I think this Ava thing is stupid and the fact they are throwing Hope in there just aggrevates me more. Hmmm can one couple be happy there?

I was recalling the fact someone mentioned that the old John was not really whom everyone thought. Then Stefano is seen saying something like that and he isn't who everyone thought he was ....or something. It seems to always confuse me. I am glad I only watch Days :)

:confused:

I remember her, she was Eve. A friend of Jennifers. If I remember correctly she was a model. I just remember her long blond hair. She played sick games on Jen then left. Devenport was her last name I think.

She was Eve Donovan, daughter of Shane Donovan and Gabrielle Pascal. Eve married Jack Deveraux to get her hands on the money left to her by Nick, the pimp.

I think EJ is up to his old tricks!

Thanks Poirot. Sounds like a good EJ and Sami day. Looking forward to Sami finally sticking up for her man. :clap:

My theory is that EJ cooked up this whole scheme of his being deported to make Sami forget about the annulment. The guy who showed up at the pub did not sound like he was on an official visit but was there to get Sami to react. Just my thoughts.

As to Sami not testifying on Lucas's behalf...he really did not give her a chance. Tho I have to admit the Sami of old would have gone storming down to Abe, Mickey, the DA...etc. But, by the time Sami learned what Lucas had done, it was apparently too late.

Poirot, I must respectfully disagree with you. Philip called her in to testify and she blatantly refused. She had the golden opportunity to help "the love of her life" and she refused, plain and simple.

I'm thinking Mr. Leonardo Burke from Immigration is a plant by EJ to stop Sami from going ahead with the annulment. This whole story line is probably EJ's doing and not the real thing. After all as much as we would like for him to of changed he is a DiMera with one thing on his mind, keeping Sami as his wife & being a father to Johnny.

I just think it's way too convenient that this guy shows up right after Sami asks for the annulment. But I guess EJ did get that letter right before Sami said anything to him. But of course, he probably knew that she was gonna ask for the annulment since they moved back to their apartments, so he still could have set it up.

Welcome, Steffee! Hope to "see" you around on the boards!

If this Mr. Burke is a plant by EJ, I think I am pleasantly surprised. I am missing devious EJ and hope that he gets a job back and finds some colors of his former self. I was surprised by Sami's big defensive attack on Mr. Burke (I love that kind of Sami)...and EJ's cavalier attitude about it all. Signs are pointing to it being EJ, but the whole "US government wants the Dimeras out of the country" is rather odd...especially with other immigration issues the US is currently having...but I digress.
***repeats to self "just a soap, just a soap, just a soap"***

I am trying, but I just can't buy into Chelsea being THIS upset about Bo. This is SO not all about her! Should we be hearing about how awful it will be for Ciara to grow up without her father...not how adult Chelsea will suffer.

Good show!

Back