Truth and Consequences

Awwwww....I'm all verklempt. I got tears in my eyes over Brady and Nicole... I just LOVE happy endings! GREAT, GREAT, GREAT job, Sparkster. I loved it! (When are you writing another?) :)

Post-Script

First off, I want to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to read my story. My heart has been touched by the wonderful compliments from all of you. I wasn’t sure how this would all turn out since this was my first go-around with writing a story. To say the least, I am so thankful for the outpouring of support. I would like to send a very special thanks to kpatch for her encouragement and support throughout this process. It’s nice to have a good friend with experience in this whole writing thing! :) Also a special shout out to luvinglumi and Rioks for their help with refreshing my memory about Lucas’ nuances.

So, now a little bit about where I was coming from with this story. It all started a few months ago when kpatch asked me if I had any new story ideas for her. I casually mentioned a story about Nicole and having Sydney turn out to be hers. She liked the idea of using Nicole but of course being the Philip fan that she is, didn’t want to leave him out of her story. :wink: Well, by that point, I had all sorts of ideas going through my head, scenes, dialogue…I actually had trouble falling asleep one night because I couldn’t turn off the ideas in my head long enough to go to sleep. No joke. So I started putting the ideas to paper and this is what came of it. I originally was just going to do a Nicole/Sydney story but then decided to intertwine that with Johnny’s true paternity reveal.

Some story notes I’d like to further explain:
Similarities to the Actual Show: My story picked up in the aftermath of EJ getting shot and the fight for custody of the kids. I found it interesting how a couple things that I had in my story ended up happening on the show (or were similar in some way). Just the fact that there’s all this attention being placed on Nicole/Sydney on the show right now made my story quite timely. A few other things were having Sydney call Sami by her first name instead of mom…that happened on the show during Nicole’s daydream about a teenage Sydney. Then Sami saying she needed to add Nicole to her restraining order list…Sami said something to that effect when she caught Nicole in the park with Kinsey and Sydney. And then when I saw the spoilers coming up for Christmas about Johnny, I thought, oh my God, could it be true? LOL.
Maintaining Sydney’s Paternity: I know many of us would love not only for Sydney to really turn out to be Nicole’s daughter but also do a rewrite and have Brady turn out to be her father. I explained a little while back that I just thought that was too much of a stretch and not really necessary. Brady will still be her Daddy in my story even if he isn’t her father. Plus, being a DiMera can still have it’s advantages. LOL!
Johnny Getting Shot: This was a slightly difficult decision for me since I hate stories about children getting hurt but I needed something plausible to get Johnny in the hospital and needing blood so that his paternity would be revealed. I wanted that scene to have a lot of emotional impact. I don’t think EJ would just point the gun at a child so I had him aim at Sami and Johnny get the bullet after Lucas knocks EJ down. I wanted to show how EJ truly feels about his children. He sees them as possessions and part of some sick and twisted game of tug-of-war. Throughout the story he refers to them as “mine” and was intent on keeping them from Samantha and keeping the truth from Nicole. The way he laughed maniacally after seeing that Johnny was shot just shows how demented he is. Lucas was absolutely horrified and felt guilty and yet EJ seemed to view it as a one-up on Lucas/Sami.
Stefano Going Unpunished: Well, he is Stefano DiMera, right?! LOL. As you can see from the scenes on Monday 11/29 I have the left the door wide open for…
THE NEXT STORY….to be named later. I have some ideas for a sequel to Truth and Consequences. It’s going to be an adventure/love/well-deserved justice story. I haven’t actually started writing it yet so it won’t be until sometime after the first of the year before it’s posted. However, I will tell you that there may be a few new (old?) faces appearing in this story. Till next time! :)

What a wonderful wonderful ending!!! So romantic & perfect!!! BRAVO!!!

I am so proud of you Sparky! This was truly a fantastic start to many other stories I hope to come!!!

Awesome job. So glad that Sami and Nicole are going to try and be friends for the children's sake and also glad that Brady wants to marry Nicole and be Sydney's daddy.

Hope you continue to wonderful job of writing stories for the Spectator!

I am breathless. What an amazing end to the story. I am just so happy that Nicole gets her happy ever after. I cried when Brady asked her to marry him. I think Sydney will just melt Victor's heart. Thanks for the wonderful story and I am so happy to hear that more are on the way.

Sparkster

I want to thank you for writing this great story. In my heart I hope that TPTB at Days make Johnny Lucas' in time and bring Bryan back to our screens again some day soon. I enjoyed reading it and it warms my heart that Nicole is Syd's mom and Johnny is Lucas' son. Sami and EJ should have no ties binding them at all, the story could be so much better if nothing is keeping them together even remotely. I've always thought that if this particular scenario happened as in your story Sparky that Ej would finally go off the deep end and fully embrace his Dimera darkness and before the true next generation of the Phoenix. Then they can have him terrorize Sami, and have him do everything that Stefano did to Marlena but magnified. The problem has always been that the writers decided to make Johnny Ej's for whatever reason and that sort of screwed up all future plans.

Oh well....I am really looking forward to the followup to this story, maybe how Nicole and Brady adapt to raising Sydney and how Sami and Lucas bond over their twins while Sami fights the urge to have the family she's always dreamed of with Lucas because she loves and is married to Rafe.

I love the happy ending. Fantastic story Sparkster. I hope to see another one soon!!

I absolutely loved this story Sparkster! I wish it all came true on the show! :)
Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this story, to please all of us fans, as pretty much all of us want Johnny to turn out to be Lucas's and Sydney to be Nicoles.
Can't wait for the next story :D

Loved the story, thank you so much for sharing it with us. I too hope the TPTB take notice of what you wrote and figure some of this into their story lines. Job well done and I'm looking forward to the sequel!

Back