Tuesday, Aug. 26th - NO SHOW

What a Sweetie

DJM:
What a bummer......................doesn't that just make you absolutely :sick: !!!! I agree w/Barb, it was very, very, sweet of you. Maybe when you get home from eating out you can use Barb's method and redo it if you're up to it. Thanks for trying anyway!!!!! :hug:

Here is what I learned has happened. Victor gets reamed out by Caroline for putting Bo on the spot, and is asked to leave. Trent eavesdrops as Caroline talks to Max, realizes he is in France, & Nick is there, too. Max tells Melanie to either help them get out of jail or he will tell all to Trent.
Bo & Hope convince Roman to let them explain how they feel Philip was being set up & about the tape, which Bo gives to Roman. It is the original, he had given Victor a duplicate. Roman relents, giving Bo 48 hrs. to find Paul. Chelsea gives Philip a hard time over what Bo did, & how he (Bo)can lose it all.

Glad to see some movement. It feels like it was forever ago that we saw the France crew, Bo & Hope I was wodering how long it takes to process Bo.

I saw the show today. I just spent 1 hour typing it up. ( I am not a very fast typer) and then it would not let me post because It had been too long since I logged on. I am going out for supper and don't have the time to redo it.

I learned long ago to type long posts in Word and then copy and paste. I also learned to hit CTRL S (save) every sentence or two because of losing so much stuff.

Barb, remember "When you love someone or (vice versa), you never have to say you're sorry." I think I'm speaking for all of us when I say we definitely love you and love what you do for us each and every day in all the forums. :hug:

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What she said!

cheerleader.gif

Three cheers for Barb!!!

Glad to see some movement. It feels like it was forever ago that we saw the France crew, Bo & Hope I was wondering how long it takes to process Bo.

It takes about as long to process Bo as it does to travel by train in France :D

Don't have a clue. It 'might' be the convention, but most of the 'newsworthy' stuff happens at nite. ... unless it's the 'roll call' (boring!)

BTW, during the Olympics, at least here in the NYC area, they had loads promos of a change in time for Ellen, the new Bonnie Hunt show, and Deal or No Deal coming to daytime. Bonnie @ 2PM (currently Days' slot here), Ellen @ 3PM and Deal at 4PM. No mention of Days, but maybe they're going back to the 1PM slot ???

I 'think' this is going to happen starting Sept 8th.

I just saw today’s show and can I say Hallelujah Dr. Dan!!!! He’s finally said to Kate what I’ve been yelling for weeks. Glad he finally told her off about her creeping around after him, it almost seems like she really wants Chelsea to find out about what happened. Kate’s reaction was priceless, like she couldn’t believe he’d have the gall to tell her to keep away.

I must say it was suprising to see that he looked a little disgusted by Kate and ashamed that he has that in his past. If he can feel disgust for Kate than I think that there might be hope for him, but not with Chelsea. She is going to go off big time when she finds this out, and you know she will because Kate can’t keep her big yap shut. I think Kate thrives on the excitement of the illicit, and that maybe she really wants the affair to continue.

Dr Dan

I haven't seen the show (and probably won't since I watch it on soap net after work) but I'm glad Dr Dan finally did something about Kate. It's been kinda pathetic the way she followed him around like a puppy. Not to mention competing with her granddaughter for a man.

Thanks for everything you do Barb!! Without you I'd never know what was going on in Salem (no thanks to soapnet). You're the best!!

I just got thru watching it myself, and yep, loved when he called her on her "obsession", & that she keeping bringin it up. Oh, and she is only worried about Chelsea cuz she loves her so much. Ha.
Hey, anyone notice........Kate had SILVER nail polish on ALL her nails!!!

And Caroline, if she could have gotten any more venom in her voice as she spoke to Victor.....I don't know how. Wow!
Trent is still a creep, his daughter a spoiled brat.

And Caroline, if she could have gotten any more venom in her voice as she spoke to Victor.....I don't know how. Wow!

I loved it Poirot, I'm so glad that she told Victor to leave her Pub and not come back. Then when he tried to rationalize/excuse his involvment saying that Bo was his own person and made the choice himself that's when Caroline really got angry. I'm so glad that she reamed him out someone needs to tell Victor the truth. I think that's why Victor hasn't ever fully gotten over Caroline, she doesn't take any guff and tells it like it is. But I'm a little confused, since when does Victor socialize with Henderson, why he was having dinner with him?

Victor is recovering from a stroke, Henderson is his manservant. I think Henderson was along to just "take care" of him. He did ask if he wished him to get a table, so he could sit down.

I just loved the show yesterday. I was so upset when the post would not go through. It was the highlight for me when Dan told Kate it was as if she wanted Chelsea to find out. The interaction between victor and Caroline was priceless. What a job the two actors did.

I loved seeing both Victor & Kate reamed out also! Did anyone else notice that Chelsea looked a little suspicious when Philip told her that Kate was with Daniel?????? How about the look on her face when she sees them hugging right as she is opening the door to enter the area where they are (in the hospital). It is soooooooooooo obvious that Kate wants her to find out about it!!!! Daniel nailed her w/that remark!!!! It is just as obvious that Kate is not over him!!!!!!!!! Can’t she get a life!!!! I feel sorry for Chelsea because you know she is going to find out. I’ve said all along she’d forgive him, but not Kate; but now I’m not so sure – we just haven’t seen enough of a relationship between Daniel and Chelsea. I have been a huge fan of theirs, but I wish we’d see more of them or they’d do something w/their relationship. What have they had – 2 dates, neither of which did we see how they ended – it’s a bummer!!!!

Tuesday's Show recap 08-2608

HOPE THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS.. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED ON TUESDAY, AUG. 26, 2008

Chelsea stopped by the Brady Pub on her way to work to get some coffee and have a quick visit with her grandmother. Caroline was happy to see her and excited to hear about Chelsea's new job at the hospital. After Caroline had gone to get Chelsea's order, Victor came in with Henderson. Both of them greeted Chelsea warmly, and then Henderson got a nearby table for him and Victor.

At a table near the bar, Nicole pressed Trent for more details about why he wanted to keep Max and Melanie apart. Trent rather defensively refused to discuss it, and Nicole realized with a bit of glee that she'd touched a nerve. She taunted him about it until he threatened to go over to Victor's table and introduce himself. Nicole effectively dared Trent to go ahead and tell Victor their secret, but they were then interrupted by Trent's cell phone. Nicole listened as an exasperated Trent learned that one of his credit cards had been maxed out and then instructed the caller to cancel the card after paying it off. Nicole further got under Trent's skin by guessing it had been his daughter who'd run up the credit card bill because she loved to shop, adding, "A girl after my own heart." Nicole soon left for the ladies' room.

Caroline returned from the bar, dropped off Chelsea's iced coffee, and when she saw Victor, she informed him coolly that he was no longer welcome at the pub. Victor was taken aback. Henderson left to wait in the car while Caroline angrily accused Victor of knowing more about what had happened at Bo and Hope's wedding than he'd let on. Victor confessed that he did and invited Caroline to sit so he could explain. She complied, and Victor told her briefly how he had destroyed some incriminating evidence against Philip that Bo had given him, because they both believed Philip was innocent. Caroline became even more incensed, and excoriated Victor for manipulating Bo into risking his career and going against everything he believed in to protect Philip-who would likely get off scot-free. When Victor rose to leave, Caroline quietly but contemptuously asserted, "I wish Bo had never found out that you were his father."

Victor, completely floored, replied that learning Bo was his son had been very important to him. Caroline pointed out that Bo wouldn't be in trouble if neither of them had found out. She added that while she'd never approved of the way Victor did business, she'd always looked the other way because she knew she could never convince him to change his ways. Involving their son in illegal doings, she continued, was the final straw, and she refused to stand idly by and let Bo get blamed for Philip and Victor's wrongdoings. Pete interrupted just then to tell Caroline she had a call from Max. Before she left to take the call, she hissed at Victor, "I want you to be gone when I come back."

In the jail outside of Marseille, Melanie was surprised to learn that Max and Stephanie were Nick's friends, and that they were still in jail. A furious Stephanie explained to Nick that Melanie was the reason they were in jail, but Melanie played innocent. Max was just as angry with Melanie, but tried to get the women to stop arguing. Max and Stephanie told Melanie to bail them out. She claimed she couldn't and asked why their rich pal Nick couldn't do it. Nick clarified that hadn't yet received all his grant money and was merely a college professor.

Nick pulled Melanie aside and asked why she wouldn't help her brother. She swore she was just as broke as Nick, but he told her he suspected it was about more than the money.

Meanwhile, Stephanie tried again to call her parents, but once again had no luck. When Max saw how upset and worried she was, he offered to call his mother to check on things, though they agreed not to tell her they were in jail. Once he reached her at the pub, Caroline assured him that everyone was fine. Max informed her that Nick was also in France, but asked her not to tell Trent that they were all over there.

Nearby, Trent eavesdropped on Caroline's phone call with Max, and overheard her exclaim that Nick was in France.

Back at the jail, Sebastien came in and apologetically informed Max and Stephanie that their bail had been set at 10,000 Euros, and that if they couldn't pay it they'd be transferred to separate jails in the city. After Seb had gone, Melanie noted with a laugh that it was the equivalent of about 15,000 American dollars, but her laughter riled Nick. Max had finally had enough and began to dial Trent. Melanie flipped out and begged him not to, worried that her dad would never trust her again, and that her reputation would be ruined if she asked one of her friends for the bail money. The others were disgusted by Melanie's selfishness.

Philip was at Salem University Hospital so Daniel could have a look at his bullet wound. Daniel pronounced it to be healing nicely and said that Philip was free to go. Kate arrived and offered to drive Philip home. He initially refused, but Daniel pointed out that Philip was lucky to have a mom like Kate.

Chelsea was passing by with Erin, one of the children she worked with, when Philip emerged from his room. Chelsea introduced them, encouraging Erin to make eye contact and to respond appropriately to Philip's questions, and rewarding her with a hug when she did. A nurse came to take the child to get some stickers at the nurses' station while waiting for her mother, and afterward Philip complimented Chelsea on how well she seemed to be doing with the kids. Chelsea beamed, and then asked if Philip had seen Daniel. When Philip replied that Daniel was with Kate, Chelsea was surprised, and worried that her grandma might be sick, but Philip assured her everything was all right.

Chelsea then asked if Philip knew what was going on between Bo and Victor. Philip hesitated, which tipped Chelsea off that he did know something, so she demanded he tell her what he knew. At last Philip admitted that Bo had gotten rid of evidence that implicated Philip in a crime of which he was innocent. Chelsea was livid that her dad had risked so much for Philip and Philip didn't seem to care. Philip replied that he did care but he'd never asked for Bo's help. Chelsea wanted Philip to take some responsibility for his actions, but Philip swore he was innocent. Chelsea retorted that perhaps Philip was like his dad, who'd always been reputed to use "old-school tactics" in business. Philip began to storm off, but Chelsea stopped him and confided that every day she had to live with knowing she'd taken her little brother's life. She reminded him that if he let Bo take the fall for him, he, too, would have to live with what he'd done forever.

Kate confessed to Daniel that she'd been a little stressed lately, not to mention worried that Chelsea would find out about their affair. Daniel was angry that Kate was obsessing about it, because he'd already reassured her that Chelsea would never find out. Kate countered that secrets always came out, so Daniel accused her of resenting him for moving on from her. Kate snapped that being worried about Chelsea being hurt-again-was enough of a reason to not be able to let her fears go. Daniel was immediately remorseful, vowing to do everything he could to protect Chelsea. Kate wasn't buying it and tried to walk away, but Daniel grabbed her and apologized sincerely for lashing out and hurting her.

Kate maintained that she did not regret their ending things, and admitted her recent stress level had spurred her to worry more than usual about everyone in her family, including Chelsea. She then divulged that she knew about the evidence Bo had tampered with, and that she was involved, but what they'd both done was to protect the people they loved. She admitted that she tended to go overboard when trying to do the right thing and it usually just made things worse. Daniel offered his reassurances, followed by a hug. As Daniel held Kate in his arms, Chelsea showed up and witnessed with astonishment this tender moment between her boyfriend and her grandmother.

Bo and Hope anxiously waited for Roman outside the Brady Pub. Roman was clearly miffed when Bo asked for his help as a brother, not as the police commissioner. After some arguing, Roman agreed to hear Bo out. Bo confessed that the package Paul Hollingsworth had sent Morgan had contained a tape of Philip threatening to kill Paul. Bo then produced the original tape and gave it to Roman, explaining that only a copy of it had been destroyed. Roman demanded to know why Bo hadn't handed over the tape instead of allowing the whole fiasco at the church to happen. Hope jumped in to help Bo clarify that they needed more time to draw out the actual perpetrator, who they believed had set Philip up. Bo declared that their main suspect was "the new and rather strange John Black." Roman reminded Bo that regardless of his intentions, he'd still broken the law by withholding evidence. Bo and Hope begged for a little more time to find out what happened to Paul. Though very disinclined, Roman finally agreed.

Victor came out of the pub and asked to speak to Bo, so Hope reluctantly left them alone. Victor apologized for putting Bo in such an impossible situation, and then informed Bo that he'd told Caroline about what they'd done. After Victor had gone, Bo and Hope discussed their next move, which they agreed was to determine whether Paul were alive or dead. Hope wondered if John really could have killed him, but Bo only shrugged.

Philip called Bo just then and declared that things had gotten out of hand. Bo suggested they meet right away at the pub. Philip continued: "You and Hope risking your careers to protect me-it's not right. I want you to know that I'm not going to let you take the fall for this. That just cannot happen." Bo hung up, incredulous.

Thank you for doing a show summary. This is good.

Caroline became even more incensed, and excoriated Victor

I have to admit that while I am normally considered to have a good vocabulary, you had pulling up www.onelook.com to get a solid definition of excoriated. I had a good idea of the meaning from context, but I like to be sure.

Back