UPDATE on Day Ahead capability.....

Sad, Angry and Confused!!!!!!!

I have been thinking over some options for doing a "Today" summary....but I have a few problems........so.....I am going to put up a poll tomorrow. I will let it run til Tuesday, as I know a lot of folks only come here while at work, (gad, this is really upsetting for me, you all have no idea.....yeah, I will live. LOLOL)

Barb, I'm sure we really do not understand the aftermath this all has on you. I'm sad for all of us - especially those that do not even get to see, hear or now even read about Days! I'm Angry for you - after all these years of giving of yourself to make others Day with DOOL happy, humorous, and a whole range of emotions be felt each and every day which you are probably feeling right now too except for the two I mentioned. I hate that your whole day is being disrupted from the beginning.

I haven't been a member for even a year I don't think, but I will also miss the Day Ahead. I use to read Dustin's Early Edition - I still don't know what happened to him - I had been off for awhile due to sickness.

:confused: Is it correct that the Salem Spectator and your other Forums will be here for us to comment in???????? I sure hope so......I've made some friends.....and feel like I know quite a # of the members!!!!

As far as your Poll goes, I think you know how that will turn out before you even run it unless you explain your problems..............none of us would want to cause any more problems for you!!!!!!!

I also agree w/you that it would be wonderful if DJM had the time and felt like giving us a Day Ahead for Monday. She's such a sweetheart, but I don't want to burden her.

Thanks for all that you have done for us. I sincerely appreciate it!!!!!!! :clap: :hug: :kiss:

:cry2::cry2:
BUMMER!!! Your Days Ahead makes my day. May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in the armpits of whoever is responsible for this! Thanks for the great summaries, Barb! I'll miss your writeups a lot.

Thankful for you...

I just wanted to say thank you for everything. When I couldn't watch Days after Hurricane Katrina, you kept me informed and for that I am grateful. Good luck with all you do in the future.

Kim

This is just soooo sad

I first would just like to say that I have appreciated all the days ahead spoilers. I stumbled onto your site over a year ago and even copy the spoiler to email to my sister in NY. She loves reading at work what's going to happen on tomorrow's show. I also tape it while me and the hubby are at work, but between work, kids schedules etc (gee called life) we are often over a week behind. This way I could still know what's hapenening and can watch it later :) I will miss reading the days ahead and both yours and everyone else comments on the show. Hopefully god willing and TPTB will let the signal come through so you can again give us great insite on all that happens. I would also just love a days summary, if nothing else when I come home from work I can just read what happened that day. I am just DISGUSTED:mad: at the gov't for making us all buy those converters just to keep watching TV. Well as was said before this is an election year, maybe we can make a difference? Again, thank you for all you do and hope you keep up the good work!! :clap:

Wow, Our Day Ahead crisis has a positive side and has brought some new posters out of the woodwork!

:welcome: to the board jun2gal, eclipce00, creek973, 4umommy, Sirona, Gemgrl72, mcdlp70!!

Feel free to introduce yourselves in the introduction thread and "pipe up" and contribute to the conversation! :)

Thank you so much, Barb for your dedication to this group. The Days Ahead summary has been so helpful to me in keeping up with the show. I really hate to see random technology spoil the whole thing.

As others have said even the summary for the present day would be welcome since I seldom get to actually watch the Days. Most of my time gets taken up acting as one of three moderators on another big board system but I usually dash over here once during the day to get my Days fix.

Thanks again for all you do!

Bluetopaz

Want to laugh? I did some checking, and if I live far north enough, in the U.S. I can possibly get "Canadian Direct TV" dish, (it has different names) plus I have to install it myself, and I have to make sure I give them my address in Canada & phone # in order to activate it. And then I can get all the hockey games, curling, local news, etc. LOL And of course there is a monthly fee.......about $30, and I wonder how one gets around paying with American checks. LOL Not counting the receiver & dish cost -around $400.

Sorry folks, love you all.......but not that much. LOLOL It still would not get me early a.m. feed. But I did get a kick out of reading it all.

:idea:
Money orders or travelers checks, thats how you would pay!!! Hmmmmm.... Got a PayPal account? Maybe you could set up a "pitch in" that is connected to your PayPal and we can help you with the cost of the receiver and dish. We would want to be sure you have an early AM feed before we fork out some dough though. :D

I think they'd notice money orders coming from the U.S. Even the envelope postmark would be a dead giveaway.

Well, you also can just pay with a credit card.....cuz all they get is the # and your name is on it. I guess you could set up an automatic charge every month to your credit card, but I would NEVER do that.

Nahhh, it is terrible when something that has always been free now costs so much money. No different than Cable. When I first got our big dish, you could get TNT, TBS, CNN, AMC, TCM, PBS all for free. And even on the Canadian Satellite, (who had much better coverage of Olympics than the U.S. did), I got all sorts of programming, opera, blue grass, pop concerts, variety shows, East Enders, and loved their news. Movies, dramas, series. It is very interesting to hear the news occurring in America from another country's point of view. :)
Alas, no idea where all that went. In the U.S. they scrambled everything, so you had to pay for the descrambler box, and in Canada the stations just began disappearing.....no idea where they went. Last year or two, I got Days, harness racing in the evening, lol, and some classroom education in the morning after Days. Loved when it was a class in Japanese. Ha.

canadian feeds

Hi,
Just get a bell Dish and you can use the Maritime station to get the day ahead of NBC. It might not be as early. out west it is on at 10am, but it is still early. i'm sure you have some Canadian fans who would be willing to let you use their address.

Losing you and DAYS AHEAD

I have been reading your write ups and I will miss you too. I tape the show on VCR and when everything goes digital that will not be possible. I wish I had someone that could explain why these --- Converter boxes don't connect to the VCR/DVD recorders. I get up early in central time to watch the show I have taped the day before (exp. tape Mon. watch Tues.) I so enjoyed reading the show if I could not see it due to some mishap in the world or interuption they would have. I just wanted to voice my opinion and vent a little too. If you find a way to keep writing, I and a lot of us will apparently will be glad. Thanks for all you have done to keep us informed.

Update on Day Ahead

Hi
I am new to posting, I usually just read the Day Ahead and not even bother with the regular site. Thank you Poirot for all the postings you have done. I have been watching Days for 16 years and I am disappointed that this Digital issue is going on. I live in Israel and I dont get to watch the show ever accept for when I visit the states every year and a half or two. You know how grateful I am for these postings. Hopefully this will get resolved soon until than I will have to read the regular Days Posting board which hasnt been the same since Dustin stopped doing it. Thanks again!! :

Oh geez I hope I'm replying in the right spot. Here it goes, I AM SO SAD RIGHT NOW!!! First I lost dustin, now you. I am another one who has popped over to this site for years now. I was so thankful that you were still posting after Dustin sold (?) his site. I typically tape the show on my DVR but I only watch it when you say MUST SEE SCENES, LOL.

Thanks for everything - it's been a hoot.

Well, it may not be Day Ahead, but there is a summary for each day. See the TODAY in Salem forum. The summary for today, Tuesday is up and in there.

day ahead

I have lurked forever and enjoy your write ups.
So I have to say thank you first off for doing such a wonderful job. My life is too busy to sit and watch ..so my soap is reading what you write. I also read your post on Salemplace.com when you were posting there.

I have found a site that is still posting days ahead..not as well written as yours but thought you may want to check into it, maybe they can tell you how to point your dish or something if they are willing. If not then maybe they will let you use their summary.

http://www.dayscafe.com/update.html

O.K. Please understand. Posters who live in certain areas of Canada get the show a day ahead. They see it in the early afternoon, and of course, can write up a summary and post it in the late afternoon. They do not need the satellite equipment that I do. I don't live in Canada.

We have posters here who live in Canada, who have helped me out on occasion when my dish or VCR failed me.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I certainly do not want to use anyone else's summary. My summaries are copyrighted, and I respect the time and effort it takes for anyone to do one.

My thing with Day Ahead was that I already had it in the very early morning, could post the summary, and even Canadian viewers that visit here would read (sometimes deciding the show would not be all that interesting, lol)

Those that really want to know what is going on tomorrow, will probably find out in a lot of different places. I can already see the decline in viewership here, that is to be expected. I am going to try the daily summaries, at least for a while.

oh well just trying to help.
I thought they may let you provide a link to theirs untill you get yours worked.

Back