UPDATE on Day Ahead capability.....

Barb,

I agree with Kathylu and some others. I would very much appreciate a "today's" Days or recap, if you will. I am one of the unfortunate souls that work and cannot see Days at all. I currently listen to it on the radio at work, but on September the 8th, the BIG SWITCH is happening in my viewing area. Everything will be digital and we are the "guinea pigs" of the nation. Anyhow, the radio broadcast will be kaput once the tv station goes to all digital. I don't necessarily read the Days Ahead forum for spoilers so much as I do to stay caught up. Whatever you guys decide, we know that you know what's best. Thanks for all you've done!!

Well Poriot I am sorry to hear the news. I came from another site that posted right after the show aired in the afternoon then he left the site to others. I liked getting to read a day ahead, but even I read the same day I would still be happy. I like this forum to talk about spoilers and the storylines in general. I read someone say if it doesn't get worked out they willmiss you. I like the site to much as a whole to be a fair weather friend. Where else are they honestly going to go? Just wanted to say regardless if it is the day before or the day after I will stillbe reading your write ups! Not to mention Andre on the writers bench. Hopefully things will work out, just know you have my support in whatever decision you make!:)

I hate that we are losing the feed. That really sucks. I have read your summaries for at least six yers and I want to commend you for the job that you have done. You are great. I would most definitely be interested in a "today's" summary if that is possible. I won't name any names, but another website I used to go to changed hands not too long ago and I find their summaries long and redundant and frankly not that good.

You are great for offering anything to us at all!! Thanks so much for all your hard work! :)

Thank you so much for all you have done.

I'm sure that something will work out.

Of course for me being on the west coast, anything that you put would be an early addition for me.

But, I'm sad that you will not be able to enjoy your a.m. coffee along with the show.

What Romagirl said. I'm also in San Francisco, and not only do we not get Days on a dish, we get it at 3 instead of at 1 like Los Angeles does. So, yes, please do keep posting, even if it's on the same day of general broadcast!

Like the others, I would be VERY, extremely happy with a Daily Days or Day after. I love the Days ahead but I read it as much for the comments as the preview. I try to read on my lunch breaks while at work but sometimes don't get to work it in. Its so nice having a well written, accurate recap.

Thanks for all of your efforts Barb!!! I'm sorry you'll have to give up your days 'n coffee. :-(

awwww, you all are tooo kind. It has honestly ruined my day not to be able to see it in the a.m. with my breakfast.

I'm sorry you don't get to watch the show with breakfast anymore. :hug: I'm more sad for you not getting to see it in the morning than anything else. Maybe you could tape the show and watch the previous day's show with breakfast. Okay, so it's a day behind. Big deal. I just finally got to read this week's Days Ahead and it's Friday. I'm playing catch up right now. We appreciate your write up for far more than a preview. I could read other site's write ups, but they're not nearly as good as yours.

And I was able to see it without commercials.

See, another good reason to watch yesterday's show in the AM. You can fast foward through commercials.

Maybe I can do some sort of summary for Today.

I know a lot of people have already said that they would be happy with that. I know I would. It's your summaries that most of us like. The Day Ahead part was just a extra benefit for most of us.

I definitely would soooo appreciate her doing it on Fridays, when she has already seen Monday.......and we sit with the cliffhanger. LOLOL :wink: at DJM!

So DJM could be our offical cliffhanger spoiler. :D

And the news is not good. I know some of you read the only other site that provides coverage of the show ahead. I have been in touch with Prevuze, who evidently has some readers who were able to get some information.

"So here's what we know (subject to change at a moment's notice). The DOOL feed is gone from the satellite we have been watching it on for years. As we predicted, the feed has gone digital. But it's more than that. NBC has bought into a new technology which will allow it to customize the feed for individual local stations. Each local station will have equipment which allows it to separate out its feed from the rest of them. I guess this will allow the stations to customize the marketing schlock they spew. Anyway, Prevuze doesn't have any special equipment to separate out the feeds. We are continuing to look for a way to find either a master feed or one of the individual local feeds to pick up. At this point it it unclear whether we will be able to do this."

And I am in the same boat. So unless they resume the feed in analog, which is unlikely, I cannot provide a Day Ahead any more. Boy, I have been watching Days with my early a.m. coffee and breakfast for nearly 20 years. It is tooo sad.

Now I know there are folks who cannot watch the show at all for various reasons, or may only get it once or twice a week. We will have to try and figure something out.

Even if we can't get the days ahead, can you still provide a summary (the day of)? It's my only way to follow Days... you do such a wonderful job and I so look foward to your posts. I'd be grateful.

Maybe you could create a new forum called "Days Today" and post the summary from the current day hot off the press. It wouldn't be in bits and pieces as it is when one or more poster starts new threads or posts comments about today on your summary from yesterday.

Poirot I agree with KathyLu I really look forward to reading your writeups of the show. Even though I watch Days when I come home from work, it's not the same as reading what you've written. I'd be happy if you decide to do a days today write up. I really look forward to reading your insights about what happened, and I get so much more out of the show by reading your thoughts. Of course it's upsetting that we won't be able to read your thoughts and insights a day ahead any longer, but it's more important that you don't become discouraged about this troubling development. I know you'll come up with a logical solution. Dern the networks and the government for shoving digital down our throats.

I'm with the others here who would love to see a Daily Days...the Day Ahead was great, but since I don't always get to watch the shows until the weekend when I watch them all at once, I would really love to see you keep doing a Daily Days.....keeping my fingers crossed...!!

Thanks Poirot for all your hard work on Days Ahead, its sad :( because I always love coming on the site to read the days ahead so I know if I want to watch the show the next day. I really think that it would be great to even have Daily Days at least for the folks who work during the day and can not watch Days at all will be able to keep up with it that way. It makes me mad that TV station are going digital because my dad who loves to watch Days, we had to get him one of those converters but it did not work on his TV, now my Dad he forgets how to use his VHS player remote to many buttons so he just watches TV. Now with this converter you must buy to turn you TV to digital just makes it harder on him and lots of other older people who have hard time using remotes this just makes it worse for them. I guess my sister and I will get him a new TV for christmas that is digital instead, but thats ok I want him to be happy so he can get his Days fix like the rest of us.:smile:

Fran, so many people who already have the converter have complained of exactly the same thing. They cannot get their stations, it doesn't work on their TVs, etc. I honestly think (especially in this election year) that we ALL WRITE to our Congressmen and complain. I honestly find it so hard to understand why Congress would want to deprive us of what has become for many (the sick, the elderly, etc.) what is a comfort. I did some research the other day.......and did you all knows that nursing homes, hospitals, assisted living, group homes, etc. are not eligible for those coupons?? And the coupons do not get you a "free" converter. AND you may have to pay someone (two friends did) to hook it up for you (am thinking of the elderly. And yes, if you have Direct TV or Dish, you don't have to worry........but unless all the TVs in your house each have a receiver, you will need a converter for them. It is truly a costly nightmare. I had better get off this soapbox....I could go on and on.

Fran, I can imagine how badly you feel for your dad. Heck, my main TV is only about 3-4 years old, I have no idea if it would work with a converter or not. We have two other smaller TVs in the house, old ones. So either I get extra receivers at $100 apiece, plus $5 a month for each.....or opt for the converters, which probably will not work, being the TVs are older.

I have been thinking over some options for doing a "Today" summary....but I have a few problems........so.....I am going to put up a poll tomorrow. I will let it run til Tuesday, as I know a lot of folks only come here while at work, (gad, this is really upsetting for me, you all have no idea.....yeah, I will live. LOLOL)

Barb, I don't think I can express my appreciation better than many already have done. I am and will be grateful for anything you decide to do. Unlike the surprising number here who are unable to actually watch the show, I do get to watch it every day, but still, I have looked forward to settling down in the evenings and reading Days Ahead, almost more than watching the show. In fact, I have found myself at times wanting the show to hurry up and be over (I record it and usually watch it in the evenings) so I can read your summary for the next day! But you have so much more in years, daily time, and effort invested in it than I do, so I feel bad that your morning routine had been squished. I'm still going to hold out hope that another way for you to get a day-ahead feed will become availiable.

I have been coming to your site like for every. I don't post but do read days ahead every day. This is a great way to keep up on day. I have been watching since i was about 8 and i'm 46 now!! I will be lost. I'm in baltimore md. And do have directv and a dvr but believe me many times our singnal is not worth a crap either some day it tape and some it don't. I will so miss day ahead. Thanks for all the time you have done this.

Awww Fudge!

Well, nothing good lasts forever, does it? Our skin, our figures, our eyesight; now we can add Days Ahead to that list!
I'm with everyone else. I love your recaps, Barb. And, I have been coming here forever because I enjoy everyone's comments on the day's show, as well. The two go hand in hand.
Of course, we would all understand if you were tired of spoon feeding us our recaps! (well, not really, but we will try to be gracious and say we do.)
Thanks for everything you have done for us, Barb.

Well...Nurse Hamster, get out your magic and the rest of us will back you up. This has been a wonderful site and I have enjoyed it to the max. To say "Thank you " seems so little for all your work, Poirot !! So... :kiss: :kiss:
Signing off so I can send a email to NBC--hey, if I have to put up with Viera & company every am-they can hear from me !! :zip: for now !!!
Dont mess with Mountain Momma !!

Thank you for all your hard work on the Days Ahead. You have a very special way of relating the Days' events and your humor is always appreciated. I'm sorry you're losing your morning routine. Hopefully, you can figure something out soon so you don't begin your day with that lost feeling for too long. Blessings in whatever you decide.

Oh, that is such sad news for YOU..........for us all! I work during the show, so this has been my place to catch up [post Early Edition].

THANK YOU for all the years you thoughtfully watched the show, typed up a summary, and posted it for us all.

Back