Wednesday, February 27th

Great show today.:cry: I cryed more today than I have in long time. Everyone was great today. I loved all the family love between the Brady kids. I loved it when Kim tore into Victor. But I think the best part was the looks to past with Pop Shawn. The part where he gave Caroline he ring was something I do remember. I enjoyed the part where John came into the church and saw Roman & Marlena and later gave Roman a hug. Just all around great acting and writing.

Please people grow up and get over the EJ thing!!!! This is a soap opera not the real life of your family. He is a character that they are obviously trying to get into another story line for the better for this show. The ratings are up and I am sure some of it has to be due to the Lucas/Sami/Ej story. They have to do something with his character and obviously it makes ratings to have him with Sami. I can't stand John but you don't see me here day after day droning on about him. I get so tired of the repeated mantra about the rape.
On another note Poirot the write ups are A #1 and I wait every day just to read the next recap. Please keep up the excellent work you are much appreciated!!!!:clap:

bandit - i love ya! Just an all around great post.

I have been trying not to read Days Ahead until I see them (unless I know I can see them) and I just watched todays show.
I hate funeral episodes...as I cry like a baby. Today was no different. Sigh. Add in Bo being sick, and it was a rough show. It was nice to see the Brady siblings gather around and interact. Loved it.
I also wish just like we get the vets together to mingle, the younger crowd could intermingle too. Like the Philip/Chloe/Sami/EJ scene. Loved the snippiness between all three. Made me laugh...and I needed that in this episode.
Some of my favorite scenes of times past was when Philip/Lucas/Shawn/Brady were at the war zone working together...or those old scenes with Philip/Shawn/Belle/Nicole/Brady/Sami/Lucas/Chloe. I like when the major characters get together...even if they don't like each other. It brings it all together.

Oh, I miss Grandpa Shawn already! RIP!
Love ya, Frank! Hopefully we see you in a flashback or two!...maybe a dream sequence?

Kimberly

As a long-time (40+ yrs.) viewer of Days, I've seen lots of happy and sad stories. Losing "Pop" is one of the saddest ones (except for losing MacDonald Carey). The writers really handled this one beautifully. All of the actors did such a wonderful job also. I still say the best acting is done on soap operas. One other comment - about Patsy Pease (Kimberly) - the Botox she had done really didn't look good on her at all. She's such a pretty girl (my opinion), that she really didn't need to have this done. It will be nice to read all of the messages re: today's show. I'm glad I've joined this group.

I thought "back peddle" was a typo but it actually makes sense! They go back and recreate something, and then have to sell it to us! I am sometimes annoyed that they rewrite history, but it has been so entertaining lately that I somehow don't mind! Kudos to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, i wanted to mention that while I am not a fan of her acting, I loved Chloe's singing today. Really beautiful song, beautiful voice...added alot to the scene.
Love the last scene with the kids...including Max...watching Caroline. Big weep!

And some have mentioned Kimberly...I thought the lips were very distracting, but the hair is just too dark on her. Not a fan. Big fan of blonde Kimberly and I think it would help naturalize the lips and skin.
I rolled my eyes on the Victor part today. She has been gone for years and as soon as she gets back, she wants to act like this big family protector? Victor answering to her? Whatever! You are in California, Kim! Good job taking care of your mom from there!

Welcome, sharpei! Glad you joined us!

Thanks Poirot - glad 2 know I'm not the only one! Her other scar was huge by comparison but still, you'd think she'd be searching hi and lo for flesh-colored bandages or something. Kayla's wound wasn't small either, and right on her cheek. Hope had some nasty wounds too. I am looking forward to hearing what Nicole has to say to Chloe - presuming she's not the one who "has" Brady!

When I saw Sami and Chloe in the scene together I was reminded of Sami as Stan who manipulated Nicole to ruin chloe's face.

Great show today.:cry: I cryed more today than I have in long time. Everyone was great today. I loved all the family love between the Brady kids. I loved it when Kim tore into Victor. But I think the best part was the looks to past with Pop Shawn. The part where he gave Caroline he ring was something I do remember. I enjoyed the part where John came into the church and saw Roman & Marlena and later gave Roman a hug. Just all around great acting and writing.

I agree with you - today was definitely a tissue day! The eulogies from the Brady kids were outstanding and Caroline's farewell was heart wrenching. Did you notice the Irish Blessing she recited about the dirt covering him? A good job by all again today. The banter between Roman and John was outstanding, too. Are we ever going to get the old John back?

Yes ITA - Kim's hair would look better blonde or highlighted (which is what I shoulda said when I said "softer"). I can't wait to see John hug Roman. I doubt we'll get the "old" John back - maybe NuJohn will be even better, cuz I think he'll become a NuGuy (like when kids play cops & robbers - they shoot the bad guy, who dies & then gets up and becomes a New Guy! LOL)

Wed. night--
The show was a ripper tosay the least. I think anyone who has lost someone "near and dear" will relate. I'm just glad I had the tissues at the ready. Heck, I cry at just hearing the soundtrack from "An Affair to Remember"--you, young chicks, rent it and be prepared to see one of the original Chick Flicks !!
Love to all !!!

off topic..
I just wanted to say that I love hope.. she reminds me alot of my Mama.:D

:back:

I am so glad I watched this show alone. I was bawling my eyes out the entire epi. Everyone did such a great job! I too was a little disappointed that Max did not speak, but maybe they felt he was just too "angry" (hurt), that he wouldn't be able to handle it. I really wish Steph would have referred to him as her Grandpa though instead of just Max's dad. I also noticed that when Bo mention the kids and the adopted kids he only named Max and not Frankie, I was a little disappointed there.

Gosh that was rough!!!

Wonderful episode! I held it together okay...until Sami turned from the casket and collapsed into her father's arms...then I was crying right along with her.

I just watched this episode this morning and it was so beautiful...I cried through the entire thing! I always put myself there and think what it would be like if that was my dad, or my husband...I got to watch it alone too and was glad about that.

Back