Wednesday, October 17th

Katt -- I can almost hear the suspicious music playing in the background of your post!

Hi new here. Love what your doing here Poirot.

By chance do any of you think that Stefano planned the funeral?? Just a thought.

If Victor did decorate the room, it wouldn't have been in honor of Brady, but in honor of Isabelle, John's first wife, Brady's mother.

Just finished watching and am still teary - the emotion in todays scenes is even more than yesterday's. When Marlena tells John to rest she'll see him again I totally broke down. Thanks Poirot for another great write up!

I know just what u mean..I never get like this over any show...but this one really has me..so sad

Yes, good point, where are Brady and Eric at a time like this?? Or Victor for that matter? :angry: :duh:

I haven't been this emotional about an episode of days at least since they hung Zachs' Christmas Ornament. I cry every year at that stupid tradition!!
Nice write up Poirot! Thanks as always!

Don't want to be insensitive, but wouldn't John be going into the arms of his beloved Isabella and not waiting for Marlena to eventually join him?!!

drwho wrote:
Don't want to be insensitive, but wouldn't John be going into the arms of his beloved Isabella and not waiting for Marlena to eventually join him?!!

That might be true, but that thought wouldn't be going through Marlena's mind as she is saying goodbye to the love of her life. Heck, maybe when Marelna dies, they will all be one happy family in the great beyond.

Wow is all I can say about the whole John death. My friend said she won't watch Days again after John dies. Not sure what I will do, but John has been my fave for years. Is it true John wanted to leave? I thought I read where Days will be canceled in 2009 and Drake didn't want to hang on that long.
Does anyone know out there?

It is official...I am a blubbering mess after today's show. I gave myself a migraine after all the crying. This is going to be one hell of a week. I am hoping since Drake's contract isn't over till Dec that they pull the whole ghost thing out of their pocket.

I feel like I am losing one of my best friends. I started watching him when I was 15...I am 37 now. I've known my husband less years that I have known John Black...

This is my first post and I too was a blubbering mess after today's show. It seems so weird, I mean this is just a tv show and I don't even know John personally. I will really miss him tho and don't know if I will continue to watch without him.

drwho wrote:

A little levity doesn't hurt at a time like this and I was thinking the same thing.

I liked the part where Bo told John that John is as much of a Brady as Bo is. Say what?????

John will be back......

yea, kind of funny that neither Bo and John are actual Bradys. Only Roman...and where is Roman? Were any Brady's present? Other than Sami?
By the way, can anyone give me a rundown of who is an actual Brady? Shawn Sr., Roman, Kayla...right?

Alligato wrote:

By the way, can anyone give me a rundown of who is an actual Brady? Shawn Sr., Roman, Kayla...right?

Hmm, let's see. Shawn, Sr. Roman, Carrie, Sami, Eric; Kim, Andrew, Jeannie, ; Kayla, Stephanie

If Bo is considered a Brady because raised by Shawn, then add Shawn, Claire, Ciara.
Shawn's sister Molly, mother of Colin Murphy

(Stefano considered Tony to be DiMera, even tho not of his direct line.)

I can't believe that John is gone. To me, he is Days of our Lives. He's been on ever since I've started watching during my teens and I'm 31 now. I remember watching Days in college and my guys friends trying to imitate him with that eyebrow. CLASSIC! If they magically bring John back (or Bart for that matter), I won't complain on how no one in Salem ever dies I'd just be happy to have him back.
It really is too bad that they didn't use John more this year. They are finally bringing up his history with Stephano now, but they should have used John in the vendetta storyline. Sigh....what a waste, the storyline could have been so much better.....
I wish Drake the best of luck, I can't blame him for not continuing with Days if they aren't going to use his character for a good storyline.
Poriot- thanks for the great summaries- I have been sitting at my desk with tears streaming down my face. You really give great write ups.
One question about the Brady's- who are Andrew and Jeannie? Are they Kim's children?

Please don't mess with my Roman!!! He's ALWAYS been my favorite!

@Erisa.......yes, Andrew & Jeannie are Kim's children (dad is Shane Donovan)

Maybe it is just me, but i havn't seen Johb liusted in any of the Comings and Goings! Please don't tell me this is a dream sequence. Is it just coincidence that Stephano is going back to Italy at this time. Could it be to heal and reprogram his pawn?
:evillaugh:
Stupid I know!

Read this yesterday, but it is no where near as painful to read as it was to watch. I am still bawling and the show just went off. I hate this storyline, how can they let such a powerful actor/character go?! Drake/John has been a favorite of mine since he started on the show, sooo many years ago! I also have my doubts that Stefano actually had anything to do with this. I just can't imagine who though. Or are they miraculously going to bring John back...I doubt it, I know Drake's contract is up this month, I just never expected him to actually go...To bad Kate didn't die instead, I'd like to see that character gone. Oh well, the writers are in charge, not us devoted fans, we have no say...

Back