SPOILER !! Week April 25

Got a kick when Greg Vaughan(Eric) said something in an interview about having done the possession with marlena back in the 80s so was surprised it was back, however he came back for the exorcism (Christmas) & that was that........but he was asked about returning for a longer stay, etc. etc. He caught himself before he dissed it, I just felt he did not think too much of revisiting it........and now just look ........

In this weird economy, he may as well get the extra pay check while he can. I think most of the folks on Days are probably rolling their eyes when they read each script.

The thing is, Belle has been making this Jan/Shawn thing all about herself, not giving any thought to how Shawn must feel. He loves his wife, he was raped........led to believe he was having sex with his wife....but Belle doesn't seem to see that. Well, that happened to Eric...remember? Kristen drugged him (he was an active priest at the time), had sex with him, filming it) & then that video was played when he was presiding at a wedding.
So, perhaps Eric tells Belle how HE felt back then, giving her a clue about her husband's feelings, etc.

It would be great if that happened but Ron writes women as needy creatures where everything is about them, they are never at fault they did it for a good reason.... OR they are Kate or Kristen.......

So Belle won't see it as Shawn was embarrassed to have been raped and didn't want to share....He did everything right or so he thought.....

Spoilers from https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/

Monday April 25 2022
A possessed Allie reveals her true intentions to Ben.
Johnny is tormented as he watches Chanel and Tripp finding solace in each other's arms.
Paulina puts the brakes on TR's advances.
Beth attempts to tell Lani the truth about TR.

Tuesday April 26 2022
EJ consoles Belle over her marital crisis.
Jan relays alarming news to Shawn about their unborn baby.
Jake turns to Gabi for help.
Marlena questions Eric about his feelings for Nicole.

Wednesday April 27 2022
Ciara worries when she can't get in touch with Ben.
Possessed Allie seeks out an old foe of Ben and Ciara's.
Jan puts Shawn in a tough spot.
Eric gives Belle advice about her marriage.

Thursday April 28 2022
Ciara makes a horrifying discovery.
Andre offers a Devil's bargain to Ben.
Susan informs EJ she's had a premonition about Johnny.
Shawn's decision infuriates Belle.

Friday April 29 2022
Susan tries to convince EJ that Johnny was possessed.
An undead Andre toys with Ben and Johnny.
Ciara falls into Allie's trap.
Tripp and Chanel continue to bond.

You're so right DaysD. I could feel my eyes closing as I worked my way through this dreary collection of spoilers.

Tuesday April 26 2022
EJ consoles Belle over her marital crisis. [And we all know how consoling EJ can be.]

Marlena questions Eric about his feelings for Nicole. [Why is Marlena questioning her adult son about his feelings? Talk about helicopter parenting. Doc should stick to ministering to those hapless patients who don't mind seeing a formerly-possessed psychiatrist.]

Wednesday April 27 2022
Eric gives Belle advice about her marriage. [How does Father Eric know so much about marriage? Has he been talking to Sami about all her matrimonial disasters.]

Marlena questions a priest..... who happens to be her son..... about his feelings for a woman he has loved for ages...... yep let's do the tortured priest story again because it's ever so freaking popular...... NOT

And can someone explain to me why a daughter writing up a prenup for her competent and Chief of Staff at the hospital fathers impending marriage is okay?

Also...why would Marlena put those thoughts into Eric's head when she likely knows that his ex-wife is now dating a man who was once her son-in-law (and then involved with her stepdaughter and then her good friend Hope)? Now THAT is torture...

It looks like the devil possession story may be wrapping up soon if people are discovering that Johnny was possessed and Allie is possessed. As it's approaching May sweeps I bet Ciara is having her baby at the end of the week, or the following week.

And, Eric is in town to hopefully do the exorcism correctly this time from Allie.

I'm so tired of the IIC(idiots in charge) having Eric go back and forth:
Priest, Not a priest....Priest, Not a priest...Priest, Not a Priest.....
He changes his mind as much as he changes his underwear.
Does God really want someone that flip flops all the time.
For God sake son, Make up your mind and stick with it.
You should not be a priest if you get a twitch every time you see the quote, "Love of your Life".
If Nicole is the "love of your life", then Serving God is not in your cards son. Just move on.

Side note. I am actually liking Brady and Chloe together.

And, Eric is in town to hopefully do the exorcism correctly this time from Allie.

As a Catholic, I absolutely hate how Days handles possession and exorcism.

"Major exorcism," which is a rite that can only be performed by a bishop or a by priest, with the special and express permission of the local ordinary (cf. Code of Canon Law, can. 1172). This form is directed "at the expulsion of demons or to the liberation [of a person] from demonic possession" (Catechism of the Catholic Church, no. 1673).
As part of the protocol, an assessment should occur to determine the true state of the person. Only after a thorough examination including medical, psychological, and psychiatric testing might the person be referred to the exorcist for a final determination regarding demonic possession. To be clear, the actual determination of whether a member of the faithful is genuinely possessed by the devil is made by the Church, even if individuals claim to be possessed through their own self-diagnosis or psychosis.

Redsquirrel, I am also Catholic, and I happen to know a retired priest who was the exorcist for his diocese. Before a person can be considered "possessed" there are medical and phycological exams that person has to go through. Apparently, ReRunRon and his cronies don't realize this and are making it up as they go.

I am also disgusted by the way Eric is being written. Being a priest is a life-long commitment and he is in and out of it whenever he feels conflicted. A real priest would most likely go on a retreat and really think about what is making him doubt his calling. I am beginning to wonder if Salem is in an entirely different universe.

I am sure the devil could accomplish his goals without possessing anyone. He doesn't need the help!

I hear you, Operagirl. Days treats the priesthood as something that a man can jump in and out of at will. GRRR

My cousin was a priest who was over all religious persons (priests, nuns, seminarians, etc.) at a Catholic university. He was also on a council that reviewed all of the other reports before a priest was sent to investigate possible possessions. He said in all of his years there was only one case they found that needed an exorcism. (Well known of in my part of the state.) The others all had medical or psychological reasons for the behavior.

ya but before a person can be a doctor they have to go to school..... they don't in Salem
before you run a company you should have at least some business classes.... they don't in Salem....

so at least an on again off again priest is EXACTLY who should exercise the devil from non church going Salemites.....

Back