SPOILER !! Week Aug 14

It is a shame that a character like Victor is not getting the respect he deserves in death. When Macdonald Carey died, Tom Horton died in his sleep and was discovered by his wife, Alice. He was mourned by everyone and given a proper good-bye. Granted, Tom Horton was a saint and Victor was, well, he was Victor! I don't have Peacock, so I will have to look here for funeral details. I just hope they can do a decent job.

Stefano had another crappy ending. He goaded Hope into shooting him and then was rolled up in a rug and dumped in an abandoned building. He was most certainly another baddie but the great actors like John Aniston and Joe Mascolo deserve to have their characters go to the great beyond with a bit or respect and dignity.

When Macdonald Carey died, Tom Horton died in his sleep and was discovered by his wife, Alice. He was mourned by everyone and given a proper good-bye.
Days also still had a large budget back in 1994. They have had their budget slashed, slashed, and slashed again in the last several years, which is why we get holidays, weddings, funerals, etc. with with a bare-bones set and minimal cast members.

I wonder if Gwen will finally get a clue when she sees Leo on their honeymoon?
Leo/Dimitri also can come up with a smooth lie and Dimitri say to Gwen he brought Leo to surprise her with her best friend in Iceland to go along with the journey. Kind of how I see it, maybe dragging out a bit longer till Gwen finally realizes how strange/odd that was to invite Leo on their honeymoon.

As for the Stefan/Melinda spoiler, I speculate that Stefan knows Melinda is keeping a secret (Sloan's secret about switching Nicole's baby's paternity) and Stefan will pressure her into giving up the truth. In which, as we all know and I hope, can start to put a conclusion in this redundant storyline with Stefan running to either EJ or Nicole with the truth. Whomever first, or both at the same time.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that are not allowed to have more than 10 actors on set.
If the show put half the energy into filming and story integrity as they do into ignoring HR complaints, they'd use the MacMurray method and film 10 actors one day, 10 another, and make it look like everyone's in the same room.

It's really bizarre they haven't already done this, since they film multiple pieces from different episodes on a single day.

Spoilers from https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/08/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-august-14-18.html

Monday, August 14, 2023
Justin updates the group on the whereabouts of Victor’s plane.
Shawn worries about his grandfather.
Brady and Chloe come to an agreement.
Li and Melinda debate starting over.

Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Abe tries to take back his job as Mayor.
Chanel confides in Paulina.
Johnny confesses his feelings for Chanel.
Dimitri’s honeymoon doesn’t go as planned.

Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Gwen makes a honeymoon discovery.
Chad apologizes to Alex.
Gabi tries to learn Rachel’s secret.
Victor’s fate is revealed.

Thursday, August 17, 2023
Abe and Paulina make a plan.
Steve and Kayla mourn a loss.
Kate struggles with the sad news.
Chloe has reservations about Xander.

Friday, August 18, 2023
Maggie looks back on Suzanne Rogers’ 50th Anniversary.
Brady and Xander get into a fight.
Kate makes a shocking discovery.
Shawn struggles in the wake of Victor’s death.

Lame.

But kudos to the writer/Wally Kurth for their creativity, e.g., "Justin is a smart guy," and "the worst news Justin (whose wife and parents have been killed already and whose wife was recently kidnapped) has received in a long, long time," and of course, the idea that Victor raised anybody.

It doesn't even sound like they're doing an adventure aspect to the story. Weak.

With the wreckage found in the Mediterranean, unless Vic could swim to shore, or was able to jump before the crash, parachute.........heck, what about the pilot??? His body??

Just hope that the show does justice for Victor.

Would have loved a small Greek dance in his honor....tho probably none of the cast is able, and the show would not pay for any royalties. I can hear the melody in my mind, don't know the name.....but Anthony Quinn did it in Zorba the Greek. Maybe with just a few of his family......but.....wishful thinking, for sure.

Back