SPOILER !! Week Aug 17

On the subject of Salem's walking dead and the old video, Thriller, I was imagining a Days version in which Claire sings the words to Thriller in the Town Square accompanied by Salem's leading "grisly ghouls," the resurrected Dancing DIMeras starring Stefano, Tony, EJ (wrapped in Charmin), and Andre.
On the subject of Salem's walking dead and the old video, Thriller, I was imagining a Days version in which Claire sings the words to Thriller in the Town Square accompanied by Salem's leading "grisly ghouls," the resurrected Dancing DIMeras starring Stefano, Tony, EJ (wrapped in Charmin), and Andre.
Sounds like a probable Halloween episode!

Why, oh why, can’t there be real families in Salem? Days used to be good about having a priest show up to comfort and counsel. There used to be children who were on regularly and teens, college students. There were mysteries and comedy and drama that didn’t involve a revolving door to a hospital room. Who hasn’t been in the hospital this year?

Although the acting has been amazing, the scenes of Ben’s torture have been horrible. I’m so glad to see some lighter scenes! Today I loved the scene with Kate and Mayor Carver. I like the Eric and Nicole scenes and I’m happy to see Jack and Jennifer back in a fun scene (but where are the kids?). It’s good to see Kayla and Steve together. And, though not a popular opinion, I love Hope and Rafe together. I’m hoping they remarry and go on an around the world honeymoon. Right now I think we all need entertainment, love and smiles.

Have read some stuff from SOD, don't like it. But.....evidently Sami is able to take Allie's baby from the hospital, moves into John & Marlena's with him. Eric & Nicoe come over, big argument ensues. John comes out, apparently seeming to be on Sami's side, has Eric & Nicole leave. Then he lets Sami know, no, you are all wrong, why are you doing this, etc. (hopefully we will get the article in full eventually) but Sami is right back at John, who are you to say anything, you are not part of this family, have no say so, blah, blah. And that is when John collapses, Sami cannot believe this has happened. Yep, Sami is full on hurricane Sami, & John goes down.

So once again, Sami's ranting behavior causes another health crisis. First Allie, now John.
And she won't take responsibility for either one. Or that her behavior has caused her daughter to run away. Nope, now she even goes against her brother, who always was there for her. Bet she doesn't figure this was her doing at all.

I disagree. Allie didn't have a health crisis. While Sami did go at Allie, it was Allie that returned the favor and went on a long rant and went into labor. It was said the baby "maybe" was a bit early. There were zero complications during her labor and the baby was perfectly healthy which sounds like a full term baby. So it may have been time for her to go into labor after all. We just don't know. There wasn't much talk about prenatal care if any.

Allie made the choices she did all on her own. Did she want to get away from Sami? Sure. She shouldn't have been traveling the world being so far along. Allie is so set on blaming Sami for everything she doesn't take responsibility for her own choices either. They are two peas in a pod. Sami comes off as pushy to get her ways and Allie comes of as the whiny poor me to get hers.

Sami has gone way too far. How on earth was she able to take the baby from the hospital and get away with it? Cameras always on and filming in nursery and hallways. Police should have been called and whoever would have seen the video at the station would know it was Sami.

Many people travel well when 7 mos. or so pregnant. Allie was in town for a while, and was said to be about 8 mos. when her baby was born. But yes, Sami confronted Allie, started the whole thing. She knew her daughter was far along in the pregnancy, & just could not or would not shut up. And while it turned out o.k. it WAS a health crisis. All of Sami's family have advised her to back off a bit, but she just won't. Do as I say, not as I do seems to be her motto. Just wish Lucas was around more when she goes into these tantrums.

Many people travel well when 7 mos. or so pregnant. Allie was in town for a while, and was said to be about 8 mos. when her baby was born. But yes, Sami confronted Allie, started the whole thing. She knew her daughter was far along in the pregnancy, & just could not or would not shut up. And while it turned out o.k. it WAS a health crisis. All of Sami's family have advised her to back off a bit, but she just won't. Do as I say, not as I do seems to be her motto. Just wish Lucas was around more when she goes into these tantrums.

I'm not saying Sami isn't going overboard. Yet even though it was said that she was about 8 months when Allie arrived in Salem yet there was no real clarity on that through prenatal care. Many babies do come a couple weeks before due date yet are full term and healthy which is why it is called practicing medicine. Doctors tell their patients it could be any time from the last 2 weeks so be ready. Allie was in Salem a couple weeks when she had the baby, so she was full term. Allie that was on a full on rant back at Sami when she went into labor. So claiming it a health crisis when there was no medical crisis is a big time stretch. Women go into labor doing strenuous things all the time because that is natural. Which just proves what I've said about Allie. She is so bent on blaming Sami that she isn't accepting any responsibility for her own actions one of which is abandoning her baby.

If blame has to be assigned then both Sami and Allie are to blame. But I think it's a wash especially since Allie was ready to pop.

They appeared to have "soras'd" Allie's pregnancy while in Salem, because when she first came to Eric and Nicole's, she was said she was still on the edge of having a legal abortion. Then when her water broke and she went into labor, Sami said Allie was "only 8 months along".

Yes JS, I was wondering about that too, because we may have a month pass in our lives but in Salem only a day or two has gone by. So it was strange when Allie had a near full term child only Salem days after thinking about abortion. Or she could have been in denial for so long during her early part of pregnancy that she didn't realize she had only days to go before he came.

Allie definitely was not full term, & I do agree that she arrived in town, and did say she was at the "edge" of being able to have an abortion (decided not to). As far as Sami in concerned, she goes to extremes, this is the same loving mother who, wanting her son to get his memory back, broke a mental patient out of hospital, made him reenact his attempt to strangle her son to death. Oh, sure, she later admitted that was not the thing to do. But at the time, she did it, and went to great lengths to do it. Nope, Sami doesn't get a single blink or nod from me. She does and says as she pleases, to hell with everyone else, she doesn't care who she hurts. I no longer even believe her saying she is sorry........as she said she was going to do to Allie, but instead, said "Rafe was going to say no, anyway".

Sorry Poirot but the Salem timeline gives enough wiggle room to suggest that Allie was full term. Allie went from being so noticably pregnant that she wore a very oversized hoodie in an failed attempt to hide it to at the wedding being as big as a house. Quite possibly a SORAS'd pregnancy. She's certainly not the first character to go from a bump to kaboom. Most characters that were pregnant for the story and not in real life did except for Hope with Ciara who was pregnant forever yet still went from itty bitty to kaboom. That being said, I wonder how big they are going to make Lani considering there's twins?

Sorry, SaraBeth, but Sami said aloud, in the show, at the time, that Allie was only 8 mos. along. Pregnancies differ in real life, just as on soaps. My best friend & I were expecting 2 weeks apart in March. She delivered 2 weeks early, (I delivered 2 weeks late. So, her baby born in Feb., mine was in April.

LOL, when I first began doing the Early Edition summaries, I spelled it with 2 Ls, & quickly was told it was one. Ha. On GL, their Phillip had 2...so this was very different.

It is like Ciara.....I see folks spelling it Sierra......Glad the promo folks were paying attention now.

Nice to see they spelled his name correctly in the preview. :)
Not according to Philip. Just after Claire was born, he was snuggled up to the hospital bed with Belle and the baby and they were talking about what they had/or would name her. Philip told Belle he had been kidded in school because his name was spelled with two ls.

Back