SPOILER !! Week Aug 21

Maybe Anjelica is the one who dies? Without their boss lady, Hattie and Bonnie would be exposed in no time.

Like everyone else, I do not like the thought of Bonnie and Lucas having sex. It's disgusting and Lucas does not deserve this. It is rape, and I wish the writers would acknowledge male rape. However, I think he will probably be so drunk he does not remember (at the time) that Adrienne should have scars where she had surgery. Maybe he will remember later? unless he blacks out.

It sounds like Joey might just leave town, as it seems too soon for him to go to prison. I just hope he stays away from Jade.

Actually, right now we are seeing Dena's stories, being ended/wrapped up by Ron C. He has said, in interview, that he changed Anjelica's story a bit, to include more characters, so it does seem Hattie & Bonnie together have been thrown in to add a bit of humor, and bring more characters interacting together, who had not done so before.

He also said that the murder was wrapped up sooner, but again, he changed who the killer was, thus again, getting more characters interacting, who usually have not been in scenes together. Thus, as some have noted, some characters are out of their "bubbles" and talking to others. He really had a difficult job, as there were just too many stories dragging along, too many days where NOTHING happened, too many repeticious conversations. And of course, you cannot end all these insipid tales in 2 days.

It does seem he is also laying some groundwork for new things. I know he said Lucas is going to have huge story, but he is dealing with a show & characters that he has been taking a crash course in characterization, personality, past history, & I love that Sheri Anderson is helping with the consulting. We have heard references to relatives, to past events/scenes, etc. There is laughter, smiles among the somber or angry faces.

Ron has only been at this a couple of weeks now, and we already have had Jade leave, Tripp exposed, Joey confessing to Tripp, Victor admitting to hiring Xander and it did not work out, plus Deimos is gone, and so is Dario. That is a lot.

I don't at all like Lucas falling off the wagon, but at least that poor guy has some sort of story instead of being background filler once every couple weeks. :)

From http://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/spoilers

Monday August 21:
Nicole has a stunning realization.

Tuesday August 22:
Joey says goodbye to his loved ones.

Wednesday August 23:
Andre confronts Kate with knowledge of her kissing another man.

Thursday August 24:
Lucas and Bonnie make love!

Friday August 25:
An unexpected death changes shakes things up.
Sorry not sorry, but I really can't find too much interest for Nicole anymore. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could, I love her & Eric, they had a LOT of potential, but knowing Ari Zucker (Nicole) is leaving, I can't get to invested in the storyline. I'll still watch or at least follow, I want to know how her actions drive other characters to behave.

Bye Joey. Really, they've dragged this out far too long in my opinion. If they want to remove the title "murderer" from his list of deeds, they need to bring - or at least show - Ava back alive. Believe me, I don't like the notion either. IF they just plain re-cast, I hope they find someone that can act as well as write Joey as at least knowing what he did. That makes sense in my head, I hope it does here.

Kate, eeww. Kate & Andre, eeeeeewwwwww. Pass on them - I just can't muster any interest in their "marriage", let alone their characters. Maybe once Ron's writing begins full-steam-ahead in September, they'll be interesting.

Lucas & Bonnie. Nope. I don't care if he is drunk, it's rape. I'm hoping this is leftovers from Dena Higley's reign of horror that Ron didn't fix because of ramifications down the line.

An unexpected death? My speculation is Anjelica dies. That would leave Hattie & Bonnie able to carry out their own schemes. This spoiler really piqued my interest, though!!
Spoilers from http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/11036647/4/#new

Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Bonnie grows nervous when Steve pays "Adrienne" a visit.
A twist is revealed in Abe's case.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Jennifer and Abigail are concerned when Lucas shows up drunk.

Thursday, August 24, 2017
Nicole is tempted to confide in Eric.

Friday, August 25, 2017
Marlena and John realize Hattie must be working with someone.
Gabi is hit when she learns Chad and Abigail are getting married.
I hope Steve notices something is "off" about Adrienne. I mean, it's along the lines of family interaction, so there's that.

A "twist" in Abe's case makes me want a soft-pretzel with some cheese. Don't get me wrong, I love Abe, but man, I could go for a pretzel about now.

Jennifer & Abby concerned about Lucas!! Yesss!! I hate that Lucas fell off the wagon, but WOW do I love that he's finally getting some air-time!!

Nicole is going to confide in Eric. Meh.

Marlena & John realize it's Hattie, and that she's working with someone. Bring. This. ON!!

Gabi is hit. This is really all I want to read. I loathe Gabi. I mean, she used to just bore me, but now, yuccck. Can't stand her.

Unless that spoiler is a lie, Lucas is either really drunk or a real idiot for not knowing the difference.
I'm not OK with either scenario. I'm hoping the spoiler is an old one they forgot to change. (Hey, give me a break here.) This is not Ron C's writing style and I would also NOT be okay with him realizing it's Bonnie but having sex with her anyway. (Unless there's some convoluted subplot and Bonnie approaches him as Bonnie so he still thinks that Adrienne dumped him. I might...might...very possibly but still maybe not... accept that type of scenario.)

Back