SPOILER !! Week Aug 9

If I were Sami's brother Eric, I would not forgive her for a long long long time and then some. To humiliate your own brother in front of family and friends, there is no excuse.

Sami is so lucky Nicole did not air her dirty laundry in front of all the people she cares about. I would have.
I think if Eric was staying, this whole thing would have been written differently.

Wish I was a fly on the wall, able to hear the conversation, maybe learn why the show seemingly ignores the fact that several of their long time actors have left, not interested at all in returning. Most have portrayed their characters for years, but something must be amiss somewhere.....Bo, Hope, Abby, Jennifer, Eric, Sonny, ....and then those who left, tho will return briefly for short stint. Yes, a few moved far away from the L.A. area, but meanwhile, the show doesn't use the vets they have, or uses them poorly. They know there are complaints all over the message boards, twitter, etc. about the writing, but seem to not address that problem at all.

By now, Sami should have tried to get in touch with Eric in Africa, and been rejected, with Eric refusing to accept a call,answer a letter, etc. But no, she is too busy gloating over separating Nicole from Eric, not caring about Eric's broken heart, his feelings, etc.

Evidently Titan owns Gabi Chic, which does well. Gabi must think that because she does so well making a profit with it, that Victor would choose her if Philip fails somehow. The thing is, Vic has ALWAYS chosen a blood related Kiriakis to head up Titan, & there ARE other K family members besides Philip.
Gabi is all about power.......and since she can't get it at DiMera Enterprises....she figures Titan would be good.

Monday, August 9
Allie and Claire are in deep trouble for helping Ben. [In Salem, no good deed goes unpunished.]

Tuesday, August 10
EJ and Lucas fight over Sami. [Would it be unkind to say that the winner here gets the booby prize?]

Wednesday, August 11
EJ throws Sami out of the mansion [Sami getting what she richly deserves is always a welcome development, but it would be equally welcome if the screecher then took down the smarmy, smug creep.]

Friday, August 13
Ciara has a major breakthrough [Hopefully, this means what it seems to. Ben's suffering has gone on far too long.]
Steve delivers upsetting news to Jack [Won't this poor man ever get some good news??. His whole life has devolved into unrelieved misery.]

I don't get these. Philip has been nothing but good to Gabi. If she thinks Victor would let her and Jake take over Titan, well that's poor writing, not well thought out at all.
Since Victor was mentioned, does anyone here know how John Aniston is doing? Not asking the post writer--just anyone who might know.

Haven't seen a word about him, (or Suzanne Rogers, Maggie) for some time. But we have seen Victor mostly always sitting down. I believe he has some sort of back pain....(could be wrong) but never shows it. However, with all the covid restrictions, and his age, am just guessing that they really are keeping his appearances to a minimum. I have wondered about him, but could not find any mention of him anywhere currently.

I have noticed on a few shows we watch, Virgin River for one, that they have characters who supposedly have to go take care of something or someone , out of town and then just FaceTime them in every once in awhile. I think Days actually has used that 'trick' with Laura in Chicago .

Who is the crowd in bed together??
and while I know the population who love Ben and Ciara will be thrilled..... :sick: that is their entire story they don't do anything else......
And Ciara had better apologize to her niece/friend Claire after being so dang terrible to her.....

****** edit to add the above was based on the incorrect promo that was released.

Last edited:
Link to NBC weekly pics

Back