SPOILER !! Week August 29

New character, legacy character, first adult onscreen appearance, longtime return, recast, whatever...

Re-Ron needs to STOP shoving new characters down our throats for 3+ months at a time. He's failed every time; that's why Sarah had to be abandoned for nearly a year, why Paulina's story changed so stupidly, and why Ava's return was all over the map.

Alex could have been anybody, in small doses since we're not supposed to remember what happened a few years ago. But he drops them right into the middle of an idiotic (spy business) and implausible (cousin bumping) story that will be on our screens for...well, in this case, about two weeks.

since we're not supposed to remember what happened a few years ago.

heck Jason, on Wednesday and we aren't supposed to remember what happened on Monday..... of the same freaking week.... sometimes we are supposed to forget what happened in the Intro by scene 5 of the same show......

Who sees a triangle between, Johnny, EJ, and Ava, in the makes? Far-fetched on Days? Not so much, especially with it moving to Peacock. They were a little more risky on Days Beyond, so I bet that'll happen on "new" (read re-new, or re-Ron) Days, after the move to Peacock. I was a little shocked when Hope cussed on there (Days Beyond), but I guess not soooo shocked, I digress. I can see the triangle in the makings, and ewww.

I guess since it "seems" Samantha is permanently out of EJ's picture. He needs a new more spirited gal in his orbit, and lets face it Belle is a Sami-lite, however, Ava has the potential to bring back some fire to him, in some of the same, and different, crazy ways that Sami used to. If it was written right, it actually could be a good storyline to put them together, but let's not match son, against father, with her.

I do enjoy Johnny and Ava's "friendship", I just have to believe, with they way they started, Days is going to at least go down THAT road with these three, or at least that EJ will become obsessed with Ava, in a love/hate relationship, quite like how him and Samantha started out, or that Ava, and Johnny, will become a thing, and EJ will want to be with her, and she'll reject him, but EJ being EJ he will pursue her anyway.

There is some potential for good storyline with this trio, but I have little faith that the writer's will take full dramatic depth, and advantage, of the potential stories there. There is a lot of ewww factor there if they decide to pit father/son, depending on how they go with it.

Johnny is starting to grow on me, but they really need to give him something more to do, other than continuing to pursue Chanel, who has obviously moved on (for now) with Allie. He really hasn't had anything to do since his career aspirations fell apart, he was possessed by the devil, and his wife moved on with his sister. He needs some good story of his own.

He seems like another talented, charismatic actor that Days is wasting in storylines that are below what this young actor could be capable of. I would love to see them write some story, for him, and other characters that had nothing to do with Titian/DiMera business, or yet ANOTHER spy/previous (insert bad-guy of choice) storyline where Marlena, Kate, Hope, and Kayla are used as bait, kidnapped, raped, or otherwise abused to further storylines, so that the guy heroes, a.k.a Steve, John, Bo, et.al. have to come riding in on their "white horses" and save the Days (see what I did there?)

There are plenty of guy heroes AND strong, intelligent lady heroes, already on the canvas. Not all heroes have to come in guns blazing, to handicap the bad guy and diffuse the bomb, at the last moment. In my opinion, if this show is going to survive, into the Beyond (see what I did there also?), it is vital they at least weave some stories that are truly new, and have some amount of depth, and real emotional gravitas.

Not everything has to be so serious, but it does occasionally need to be real, and make an emotional connection with viewers. There is so much they could do to tie in what's going on in society today, without hitting us in the face with it. but still getting the value in it, while still having some fun along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've fixed that post 3 times to break it into bite-sized chunks to make it easier to read, yet the poster somehow keeps reverting it back to one huge paragraph that is too hard to read. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to fix it.

I'll remember to keep it to an emoji on other people's posts for the future.
It was entirely too hard to read as a huge paragraph, especially on mobile devices. I kept breaking into smaller paragraphs and each time I went back, you somehow had it back to a huge paragraph again. You made some great points and it would be nice if others read your comments, but many will just blow past it when it's too hard to read like that.

I don't post often, but when I do a lot flows out all at once, then I end up going back to self edit and save. Sometimes don't see till after the fact.
When you're done, look at your post. If it's a huge paragraph, please go back in and break it into bite-size chunks.

When I break up a post so it's easier to read, the system sends the poster a private message to let them know. My issue was this time I fixed it 3 times and somehow you kept reverting it back to the big paragraph. All we're (the mods) asking is to make the posts easy for everybody to read.

but let's not match son, against father, with her.
I think Ava is almost tolerable with EJ. They could be a grey/villain couple. It would be cool if Ava and Johnny were friends, NOT romantic at all, but EJ's jealousy leads him down a bad path. I agree Samanther is a goner, thankfully, finally.

Gosh, I can't believe I'm pitching story for Ava.

I wonder if they'll reunite Nicole and Eric just in time for Sami to squawk back into town.

Totally agree. Ava and Johnny as an almost maternal friendship is more interesting (like a twisted version of Maggie and Xander). Maybe they can taunt EJ as he falls for Ava, but I don’t want them actually in bed. That’s just gross. It’s not even as plausible as Kate and Jake, who was at least a fully independent adult in his 30s.

I wonder if Alex would have been so Barfy with a different actor. I really like Robert Scott Wilson (Alex/Ben) but not liking his over-the-top portrayal of Alex, although the writers could give him waaaay better material to work with. I guess my vote for the Barfy is for the writers to come up with better lines and stories!

Last edited:
Back