SPOILER !! Week Dec 16

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Spoilers from Soap Opera Digest

Rafe and Abigail discuss Hope’s erratic behavior.

Lani and Kristen make a decision about the future.

Ciara finds herself in the hot seat with Xander.

Will confronts Sonny about Evan.

O.K. I know spoilers get worded in a mysterious manner......but.......If Marlena is putting her foot down to John, in re: "Hope".........big yayyyy.
And then, looks like the devout nuns to be, don't say final vows, or something. Figured they probably would not, or if they did, would opt to leave the convent.....Since that storyline is so bungled, glad for them to be out of that part of it.
After over a year, about time folks notice Hope not really herself. :)

I am glad that Lani and Kristen leave the convent. Of the two, I thought Lani might be the one who would stay. I'm sure Kristen was on some kind of mission and she snared Lani in her web. I hope they really do a number on Gabi.

John is dumber than a box of rocks! I hope Marlena whacks him with a few and wakes him up. The rocks can see that Hope/Gina is making a play for him. He must be one heck of a detective. Not!

It would be wonderful if this Hope/Gina thing finishes up quickly. It's been a year in Salem and no one has noticed, until now, that her behavior is really strange. Salem must have been in suspended animation for that year because no one noticed anything.

Last edited:
I'm glad Rafe is involved in the Hope story. I know they've technically been divorced for over a year but they were also long time partners and friends before they became a romantic couple. And they were a couple for 2-3 years as well. So he should be involved with figuring this out.

Ciara finds herself in the hot seat with Xander. [Ciara probably need not worry too much. Regardless of what she's done, a Xander who wants Sarah's approval won't do anything drastic.]

Will makes a difficult sacrifice for Sonny’s happiness. [If it's granting him permission to seek a divorce, this sets the stage for an eventual third marriage, which would put Will and Sonny in position to eventually challenge John and Marlena as the most oft-wedded couple in Salem.]

Lani and Kristen hatch a plan to win back what is rightfully theirs. [This must mean that they've abandoned their plans to become nuns, which was an insult to all the real nuns of the world. It also means that Lani has really lost it: anyone who joins forces with Kristen belongs in Bayview.]

Marlena gives John an ultimatum about “Hope” [Good for her. John has been acting like an idiot lately and needs a good dose of common sense.]

Stefano gets a surprise visitor. [It would be nice if was Kayla, who could then shock Steve back into his real personality. This whole "Steve-ano" plot is a loser.]

I agree. Not a fan of Steve-ano. Horrible.

John, of all people, should be able to recognize that Hope isn't currently Hope. He was the one who went through the whole personality swap with her before. He's living with her every day. It's insane.

It looks like they're bringing us a kinder, gentler Kristen. We'll see. I always like spicy, but not psychotic villains, better than the full-tilt wackjobs. I'm also hoping they keep Xander in that category. I'm actually loving the Xander/Sarah stuff now. Saw this spoiler today:

https://soapdirt.com/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-baby-mickey-cancer-sarah-xander-eric-stunned/

I smell a bone marrow transplant, genetic testing, and a reveal that this isn't Eric and Sarah's baby.

I didn't watch during the original Princess Gina time, my question is, did Rolf implant all these memories or how does Gina know all of Hope's recent past, how does she know how Hope acts towards Jennifer etc, how does she know how to be a police commissioner (not that Hope knew how either ha ha), and such?

I think it was very easy for Gina to slip by unnoticed in Salem for a whole year because everyone else was in their own issues. Ciara was wrapped up trying to prove Ben innocent while Shawn is not in town. Jennifer was in a coma so the Hortons were distracted by her and as well as Julie. Rafe was distracted by Gabi with her losing Stefan, to me makes me the most sense. Hope was the most unnoticed and leave it to Marlena to finally call her out on her change of behavior.

I wonder if that confirms Will is going to be in the hospital if he is free out to notice Sonny and Evan together no?

ErasofDiMeras, that makes perfect sense to me! Everyone in Salem was to wrapped up in their own problems to notice the changes in hope. Marlena had been gone for a year so it was obvious to her when she came home.

A few years ago my daughter's dog lost her sight. We just thought the dog was a bit clumsy. When my son-in-law came home from a six month deployment in Iraq, he noticed right away that the dog was blind. So, no one noticing Hope's strange behavior makes perfect sense to me.

Thanks for answering one question for me!

I didn't watch during the original Princess Gina time, my question is, did Rolf implant all these memories or how does Gina know all of Hope's recent past, how does she know how Hope acts towards Jennifer etc, how does she know how to be a police commissioner (not that Hope knew how either ha ha), and such?
Rolf did say something about how he was able give Hope's memories to Gina, but he didn't go into detail as to how it was done.

Rolf has inserted a chip into Hope's neck, containing Gina's "essence"......which I guess is personality, mannerisms, memories.
But Gina is very bright, has talked of having to be in Hope's body, at least we look alike, & does seem now to be able to "catch on" quickly, make excuses as to why Hope is doing something she would not ordinarily do, etc. In the past, Princess Gina & Hope were 2 separate characters, ala Hattie & Marlena, or Adrienne & Bonnie....they would even be in same room. But Gina was killed, thus this current situation.

I do remember Hope rubbing the side of her neck several times. I must have missed Rolf injecting the chip into her neck. I am glad that people are beginning to notice Hope's erratic behavior. Where is the real Hope? Did Rolf remove that, too? Hope's "essence" has to be somewhere so we can get her back.

We didn't see him actually put the chip or essence or whatever into her neck. Just saw him knock her out with a needle. Then she woke up in the chapel (Eli found her, I think) and she thought she had dozed off while praying for Julie.

But Hope is still "in there, somewhere", because she'd be Hope, with little flashes of Gina. Then there was something goofy about a satellite passing over and Rolf checking his watch. He said something like "now it's complete" and after that, Gina was fully "on" and Hope "disappeared".

Back