SPOILER !! Week Dec 4

Some years back, when Hope & Bo were "on a break" or something, she had sex with Patrick Lockhart. Of course, there was a pregnancy, a baby, etc. So, Hope can't throw stones, she has lived in a glass house of her own.

True. I hated that so-called forced romance. And then the writers forced Rafe into the ending story of Bo & Hope and I hated that switch too. In Days golden years, viewers picked couples and they were referred to as "super couples". I prefer letting us decide which romances we tune in to view daily.

I don't think viewers chose or picked any couples. It was just that Days was very lucky that certain characters had the "spark" in any scenes together. It was obvious, so they eventually became a couple. Actually, it was pretty amazing that Days had as many as they did back then. And back then, soaps took their time.......definitely.

Granted, the stories of romance were slower-timed and more thought out in detail, in my opinion. They were more realistic in the coming together and bonding of two people in love. Still, I once read Days read the number of letters, tallied calls, etc., on the popularity of couples and wrote specifically for those most requested. No other soap could even match Days list of great couples or stories in those days. Just my honest opinion.

Some years back, when Hope & Bo were "on a break" or something, she had sex with Patrick Lockhart.
Not that it's any excuse, but Chelsea and Billie had set it up to make Hope think Bo and Billie had had sex in that motel room before Hope ever had sex with Patrick on the island where Chelsea sent him after Hope.

I think Patrick really loved Hope (just as Billie genuinely loved Bo), and was all too glad to go along with Billie and Chelsea and their plan to break up Bo and Hope.

Noel, my comment was in response to Poirot's that Bo and Hope were "on a break..." You didn't say anything wrong. :)

Good points again, KathyLu. I never could decide if Patrick truly loved Hope, but he definitely pursued her.

Monday December 4:
Sami and Rafe make love! [To borrow the title of an old song, "What's Love Got to Do with It?"]
Kate urges Lucas to go to rehab. [Like Lucas has ever listened to Kate.]

Tuesday December 5:

Rafe is forced to hide when Hope shows up at Sami's hotel room. [Considering what goes on in Salem Inn rooms, let's hope that Rafe didn't hide under the bed. Conditions there could be fouler than under the cushions of the old DiMera Love Couch.]

Wednesday December 6:
Sonny makes his decision about whether he wants to be with Paul or Will. [Who is the self-important Big Boy to be making any decisions? Both Will and Paul should dump him in a Salem second.]

Thursday December 7:
Steve confronts Tripp about Kate. [Hopefully, Steve will pry the dirt about Kate and Theo out of Little Trippy.]

Friday December 8:

Sami urges Lucas to sober up and be there for his son. [The very sight of Sami would probably be enough to send poor Lucas over to the Pub to drink the place dry.]
Eve asserts her authority in the Kiriakis household, but Maggie fights back. [Eve is really pushing her luck. Could Maggie be the one who places the call that results in a Xander option to the Eve problem?]

Ciara warns Claire she is going to make her pay. [Teen Ciara 2 sounds like a real charmer. How long will it be before she asks Kate for her special brownie recipe?]
Eric appeals to Will to give his mother a chance. [A chance to do what? Screech, squawk, and hurl insults at people whom she HATES?]

On the one about Eric appeals to Will to give his mother a chance, the wording is odd.

Whose mother? Eric's? Let Marlena help Will?

Will's mother Sami. Give her a chance to do what? What is it she wants to do? Introduce him to his long forgotten and Lord knows how old siblings?

We don't know how it all happens, as it hasn't been shown on-screen yet. Spoilers and previews show Hope and Rafe arguing over something. Then later, Rafe and Sami getting ready to hit the sheets.

I'm so glad Hope tells Rafe, without hesitation, he'll never be Bo. And even though I believe she says it in the heat of the moment when they're arguing, why would he even ask such a stupid question like that? I mean what kind of response did he think he was going to get? Fact is, he will never be Bo, period! Bo is and always will be the love of her life. He shouldn't expect Hope to respond any other way.

Also, I think it's sad that Rafe not only takes Abe's side about JJ, but accepts the commissioner job right out from under her, then has sex with Sami, and hides it. As I said in another post, he shows no respect for Hope whatsoever. He cannot truly love her in my opinion, and they clearly don't belong together, never did. Hope this is the end of them for good!

Kate is going to make a huge mistake confiding in Andre. I've heard he uses it against and to try to take over at DiMera. My question is why hasn't Chad took back control and resumed running the company?

I've heard Belle's reveal to Will is that he cheated on Sonny with Paul.

I don't like that Abe is going to abuse his power and give Hope's job to Rafe, all because he blames JJ for Theo's shooting. I get he's angry and scared, but he needs to remember what it's like to be a cop, and the mistakes he made, not to mention the fact Theo was about to break the law.

Abe shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about the investigation against JJ, or Hope's job. He cannot be impartial. Typically in the real world, Hope suspending JJ with a full investigation is the norm, and no decisions would be made to fire him until the investigation is complete, nor would the commissioner be forced to fire him by the mayor. But the real world rules don't apply in Salem.

Ugh, I've heard Brady & Eve become lovers. Why do they pair couples that just don't fit, like Brady & Eve, Rafe & Hope, Eric & Jen? Rafe and Eric are younger men who have no kids, they need to be with women who are young enough to still bear children. Hope and Jen need men who they can have a mature, adult relationship with. And Brady needs to be alone until he can come to grips with things. That is until Theresa returns. I'm sure it will be a while before they reunite, not to mention he'll probably be with her sister when she returns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone said "no one will ever be Bo, but there was Aiden". You have to remember though when she got together with Aiden, she thought Bo had just left her. She didn't know Bo was being held captive all those years, only to return and die. Finding out he didn't just leave her changed everything.

I, for one, certainly don't want Rafe & Hope to get back together (once they break up, that is). He not only sides with Abe, but takes her job, and has sex with Sami. I hope that Hope finds out about him & Sami and doesn't take him back. Good news is Sami will eventually leave him high and dry once she gets word on EJ again.

And I don't care if Abe offers Rafe the commish job, it's a stab in the back to Hope. I'm not surprised though, Rafe isn't happy unless he's in control.

I'm hearing rumblings that Jack's ghost appears to JJ. Hope this happens!

Back