SPOILER !! Week Feb 1

OK maybe I am the only one - not seeing it here - that thinks Jack and Laura could have conceived a child at the sanitarium. Or not. If it's Harper Devereaux (not possible due to DNA) and they try to ignore that and link the parentage, it is stupid, poor writing to use the same DNA shared like Charlie and Tripp. But as I have stated ad infinitum...been there...done that...wake up writers. One trick pony this team is.

Again on claiming Tiffany "told Jack and he did nothing", I know there are deadbeat dads out there like that, but there are angry or frustrated single Moms who say things to their children to make themselves look better.

But then again, I don't write for the show.

No, Harper Deveraux and his first wife adopted Jack as a baby. Jack's biological parents were Jo and Duke Johnson.

But yes, it "could" be possible for Harper to have been Gwen's father and maybe using Jack's identity to cover up the secret. The timeline would have to be tweaked, since Harper died in 1989, but timelines in Salem mean nothing.
Jo and Duke Johnson!?! So is Jack biologically Steve's brother or am I totally on the wrong track? I do not remember the old storylines. Only watching since about 1993?

Is it just me or are the story lines for Charlie and Gwen almost identical, one sibling "loved more than the other, etc"?

Monday, February 1, 2021
Jack and Gwen receive their DNA results. [If they're from University Hospital, they better get another test at someplace with a real, professional lab. As everyone knows Kayla's hospital is so inept that it's capable of running a test that says Jack and Pookie are closely related.]

Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Rafe comforts Nicole. [The sourpuss has probably let down Nicole, opening the door for romance for Rafe.]

Thursday, February 4, 2021
At the hospital, Brady wakes to find Chloe at his bedside. [If this makes the front page of the Spectator or Intruder, how long will it be before an enraged Kristen stages a prison break so she can confront Brady?]

Friday, February 5, 2021
Philip kisses Chloe. [Barf. Chloe should run for her life. She can do better than a failed money-launderer who's chief pastime is insulting Xander's intelligence.]
Lani and Eli confront Ivan! [These two should forget it about learning anything. Ivan is such a dedicated servant to his Madame that he wouldn't divulge information even if he was being "taken apart" by Bo Brady.]

Susan Banks provides answers for Ben and Claire. [What, that the cause of their problems is somebody who is mean, mean, mean.]
Ciara makes a run for it! [Run, Ciara, run. Pretend that a starving, drooling Horton the Tiger is right behind you.]

Jo and Duke Johnson!?! So is Jack biologically Steve's brother or am I totally on the wrong track. I do not remember the old storylines. Only watching since about 1993?
Jack, Steve & Adrienne are the bio children of Jo & Duke Johnson. Both Steve & Jack were put in orphanage by Jo, to protect them from her abusive husband (who had beat her up badly). She kept Adrienne. Jack was very little, got adopted, Steve was older, ended up staying in orphanage til he was grown, and then sent out into the world to fend for himself. Adrienne grew up in the house, eventually her father raped her, she shot him, Steve took the rap. (she had blocked it all from her mind).

Because these 3 siblings had all been separated, it took a while, after they were grown, for them to realize they actually were family, closely related, etc.

Jennifer and Abigail would be half-sisters as well as mother and daughter.
No, IF Gwen was somehow the daughter of Laura and Jack, she'd be Jennifer's half-sister and Abigail's half sister, but Jennifer and Abby would still only be mother and daughter. It wouldn't make Jennifer and Abby half-sisters to each other. It would make Gwen the half-sister and aunt of Abby. And it would make Gwen the half-sister and step-daughter of Jennifer.
So, where in this mess does Laura's affair with Bill Horton, which produced Jennifer, come in?
Bill and Laura were happily married when they conceived Jennifer. But Laura was married to Mickey when Bill raped her, which resulted in Mike Horton being born (Mickey was sterile, a fact that only Tom Horton and Laura knew). The truth about Mike's parentage didn't come out until he was a teenager, was in an accident and needed blood. Mickey found out he wasn't a match.

As to Gwen's age matching a Salem timeline, it's not going to happen. EJ was born after Will, but was SORAS'd into a grown man, older than Sami when he came back to Salem. Paul Narita was fathered by John which was impossible by what we saw on-screen. Zoey and Evan/Christian should be slightly older than Sami and Eric, yet were down-aged into Sonny and Will's age group.

Thank you, Just Samantha! I totally forgot about Mike Horton. I was (wrongly) thinking that Jennifer was the one conceived during the affair with Bill Horton. So, if Laura is Gwen's mom, Jennifer and Gwen would be half-sisters. Gwen and Abby are half sisters at the very least. I am going to have to quit trying to figure this out because it is giving me a headache. I think I'll just wait until Dr. Laura comes to town and explains it.

IF Laura and Jack were the parents of Gwen, then Gwen would be Jack's daughter and sister-in-law.

Maybe her crazy mother could really be the psycho mermaid, Summer, then she could be Maggie's granddaughter. :rotfl:

Maybe these morons, er I mean WRITERS, think if they make it so convoluted, we will just get tired and accept it. They insult us every time they pull this crap (hope I am allowed to use that word). Do the same thing over and over and calling it ground breaking, you won't see it coming, mind blowing, bet you didn't think that is how this would go tells me that they have no training in good writing at all. I would hope if you were hired to write for a television show, particularly one with this longevity, you would have some college credits. I took a class as an undergrad in Journalism. I know way more about writing than they do and I am not saying I could make a career of it.

I started a book about my exploits in the convent but haven't finished it. Not sure anyone would buy it. Instead I am making journals for my daughters about places I have lived and stories from my life. It's a bit easier and not necessarily daunting. At least when I am gone, they will have some stories to read that they didn't pay attention to when I was alive. (ha!)

LOL, Moira, I did the same. More because my kids all live far away, & ...well, in my life, my mom died young, before I could ask about different things, so.....just in case they might be curious some day, or maybe the grandkids would.

Meanwhile, it is a shame the headwriter is apparently unable to come up with an original thought, instead relying on telling the same story....different characters, even using ones from previous soaps he wrote for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poirot ~ he writes (copies) them multiple times in the same calendar year. It's lazy and not worth what they are paying him. People are screaming at their TVs "Don't be stupid (insert character name). Remember last week when this happened and this was the result?" Same old plain-o!

LOL, Moira, I did the same. More because my kids all live far away, & ...well, in my life, my mom died young, before I could ask about different things, so.....just in case they might be curious some day, or maybe the grandkids would.

Meanwhile, it is a shame the headwriter is apparently unable to come up with an original thought, instead relying on telling the same story....different characters, even using ones from previous soaps he wrote for.
My father died at 38 when I was 8-1/2. Luckily I have a lot of memories of him. He was a POW in WWII "Battle of the Bulge" and I have a diary he kept of almost everyday of his confinement. I have my parents' letters from when they dated and the war. It gives me a great insight into their deep love and commitment to each other. I, also, am the keeper of family info.

Out of 6 kids only two remain and my brother wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the behind. Mom died when my oldest daughter was 1 year old. I used to talk to my mom about things she had told me so - repetition is the Mother of Knowledge - I retained a lot. Putting it in writing makes me pay attention to details while I can. Plus it's good for the mind. Everyone has info to pass on to their children or other relatives who did not grow up in your home. Definitely worth while.

I started a book about my exploits in the convent but haven't finished it.
Convent? My cousin who is 3 weeks younger than me went in to a convent the month after she graduated high school. She is still an Orthodox nun almost 50 years later. She is in Romania. For a while Kathy was in Saskatchewan but did not like it there. I knew even when she was on the beach in a bikini that she had a calling. It was different seeing her in a habit the first time!

My children attended a Division I University and participated for 5 years in marching band. At one point the long standing loved director retired and they interviewed several new candidates. Some students from the music dept. were also included in interviews. They said, "Hire anyone except Candidate "C"." So of course, the University hired Candidate C. He came in and starting eliminating some of the fun things they did. Mocked them for not going to a bowl game that year etc.

Our kids were music majors (hence the five year program) and one was one of the highest student assistants. For the last game (every year for the 20 years they kept him) he would do a "recycle of the Falls hits show". He would select three songs from previous shows (drills are already written for the music) and piece them together as a new show. We, all, were calling for him to be required to write a new show for the last one of the season. If you go to a bowl game, you can piece together your favorite songs from the past three months. It was ridiculous.

It didn't matter that they sounded good. They sounded good the first time that season when they played it. People wait in the stands before going to get food to see what the band has planned for halftime. When it was a recycle of something they had seen, they didn't hang around to watch it. Mainly it was parents of kids in Band that paid attention.

Long way to say - it's like the frequent rehashing on Days. I am not sure other than the time jump, there has been an original plot since this team took over writing.

This whole storyline is disgusting. Absolute drivel. (yes, I am old enough to use that word) :sad:
Drivel and disgusting are apt words. I recall watching Another World in the early '70s and there was very little crime and no sick plots. Almost the entire content of the show was relationships and personal problems. Actual criminal acts were rare and none of the characters was on the police force. People spent a lot of time fretting about their business affairs, personal relationships, and sitting in the hospital coffee shop, but because the writers put in a good days work, it was interesting and entertaining. All the sick, far-fetched nonsense that's now being served up on Days, it strikes me as lazy writing that overly relies and the bizarre, the perverse, and the repulsive.
My problem would be running my fingers through his (greasy as a diner with no exhaust) hair!
If Philly K. thought that it was Ava who would hound him about carrying out the money-laundering plot, maybe his greasy hair and grim expression were defensive plots aimed at keeping her away. E.g., Ava: "Ick, that Philip Kiriakis looks gross. I think bugging him about keeping up our deal can wait for another day."

Back