SPOILER !! Week Feb 1

Convent? My cousin who is 3 weeks younger than me went in to a convent the month after she graduated high school. She is still an Orthodox nun almost 50 years later. She is in Romania. For a while Kathy was in Saskatchewan but did not like it there. I knew even when she was on the beach in a bikini that she had a calling. It was different seeing her in a habit the first time!
Soap Kitty - I lived 7 years in a convent. Became a nun, took vows and never thought I could leave. Long story. When they transferred me back to the part of the country where I was raised, I found the courage to leave. This string could take me to a whole other tangent probably better for another forum. That said, I was never so miserable in my life and treated in a more un-Christian manner. If I had it to do over, I would still go only because of where it lead me after I left. Husband, children, grandchildren. Just hate the darn cold and freezing weather. Grew up in Texas - these Midwest winters are killing me. Been here since 1963. Will forever be a Texan - born and raised. Amen Alleluia and so forth!

Thank you Moira. Everyone has their own path they need to take to live their own life as they like. You only get one The ride is mandatory. Enjoying it is optional!

All the sick, far-fetched nonsense that's now being served up on Days, it strikes me as lazy writing that overly relies and the bizarre, the perverse, and the repulsive.
Tell it on the mountain, Dr B.

I think it's totally possible that Gwen believes what she says, but her mother gave her a load of baloney.

Can Gwen just go and grab a few girls for a road trip? Suggestions, Sarah, Kristen, Lani, Gabi. They could lose their phones and GPS' and get lost in outer Mongolia. Someone finds them 25 years from now but the show has been canceled for stupidity and lack of originality. So they are relegated to jobs where they are middle aged wearing Shabby Chic Depends and unable to remember their lines. "Yeah if you could just do that, that would be great"

Spoilers from https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/days-of-our-lives/tv-listings/1000036136/

Mon, Feb 1

Jack and Gwen receive their DNA results.
Laura pays Jennifer a visit and reveals a stunning secret.
Nicole gets upsetting news regarding Eric.
Tony gives Jake advice about Gabi's proposal.

Tues, Feb 2​

Laura explains to Jennifer and Abigail the truth about Gwen's story.
Gwen lashes out at Jack.
Eli and Lani lure Dr. Raynor into a trap.
Rafe comforts Nicole.

Wed, Feb 3​

Ivan presents Vivian with Eli and Lani's twins.
Dr. Raynor gives Eli and Lani a key piece of information.
Jack is stunned by Laura's revelation.
Chad covers for Abigail.

Thurs, Feb 4​

Eli and Lani put the pieces together.
Susan Banks provides answers for Ben and Claire.
Ciara fights to get home to Ben.
At the hospital, Brady wakes to find Chloe at his bedside.

Friday, Feb 5​

Brady and Kristen argue about Chloe.
Philip kisses Chloe.
Ciara makes a run for it.
Lani and Eli confront Ivan.

Link to NBC pics

OK - can someone explain to me when Jack and Laura had a fling? It must have happened when I was in college or grad school when I couldn't watch as much.

It was many years ago (when Jack was played by Mark Valley) and they hadn't met before. Laura aka Monica was in a sanitarium when she met Jack aka Clarke. When they each found out who the other was, they decided to keep their affair secret to protect Jennifer's feelings, but Laura actually fell in love with Jack and hoped for a relationship after Jennifer married Peter Blake, but Jack still loved Jennifer. Peter blew the whistle about the fling.

Note: This is from memory. My apologies for any mistakes. :)

Last edited:
Back