SPOILER !! Week Feb 17

Looks like Eli and Gabi have the typical Salem wedding.

Rumors going around is that Bill Horton dies. I haven't seen
anything official yet.

Will Julie confess she doesn't really like Gabi?
:)

I've seen the rumors of Bill Horton's death, too. Further speculation is that Jennifer, Jack, JJ and Abby go to Africa for the funeral and JJ decides to stay there.

Seems they've changed the spoiler since originally it appeared the unexpected death was more related to Doug instead of the Horton family.

Would rather the death had been Robert LeClair, which would've given Doug the chance to look back (since the show is honoring Bill Hayes/Doug).

I can't say that I'd have any feelings one way or another about Bill Horton's death. If this had been in the early years of the show it would be different, but he hasn't even made an appearance for years. He is very very seldom talked about, and very few characters have left Salem to visit him.

However, I will miss JJ.

IF this is true about Bill Horton's death "rocking" the Horton family, then it's kind of annoying because they've never addressed the status of Tommy Horton, who hasn't been mentioned in decades (as being alive; on 6/13/2016 Jennifer mentioned him when talking about how Tom and Alice handled Tommy being presumed dead in Korea, and the death of Addie).

Even a brief comment of "when Uncle Tommy died..." would've been sufficient. Last we knew, he was in Hawaii. No mention of his daughter, Sandy, either.

Was always hoping they would bring Bill Horton back to Salem......leaving him in Africa so many years was disconcerting. That actor who portrayed him at Alice's funeral could/would have been great. Plus it would have been nice to have a Horton (someone with the name!!) in town. The character was long gone, as was Doug (and Robert LeClair) when I began watching.

They missed such an opportunity to keep him around after Alice's funeral. That silver fox could've had a great time in Salem.

Spoilers from https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/days-of-our-lives/tv-listings/194489/

Monday February 17th, 2020
Lani crashes Gabi and Eli's wedding.
Julie collapses.
Gabi makes a huge admission.
Sonny and Will separately recall their last Valentine's Day together.

Tuesday February 18th, 2020
Doug reflects on his 50 years in Salem (Bill Hayes's 50th anniversary episode).
Rafe arrests Gabi.
Lani attempts to explain her actions to Eli.
Jennifer receives sad news about a loved one.

Wednesday February 19th, 2020
Kayla is shocked by "Steve's" revelation.
Marlena and John have a romantic Valentine's Day.
Hattie and Roman share a sweet moment.
Rafe and Justin try to track down Kayla.

Thursday February 20th, 2020
Kristen has an unsettling dream about Rachel.
Sarah receives hopeful news about Mackenzie.
Ciara shares with Ben her theory about Jordan's killer.
Sonny asks Will why he hasn't filed the divorce papers.

Friday February 21st, 2020
Will questions Maggie about the night of the accident.
Sarah is shocked when she learns the identity of Mickey's bone marrow match.
Ciara resorts to desperate measures to stop Rafe from arresting Ben.
Gabi faces a bleak future.

I'm guessing the rumors of Bill Horton's death might be true. :sad:
Even though they said a parental match was a probably not going to happen, I bet Kristen is the match.

This reminds me of when nighttime shows hype the loss of a member and then it's someone so obscure that you really can't remember seeing them before. If this is Bill Horton who has been gone since forever, how many folks really remember Bill??? I do, but I'm a really long time suffering viewer. Why not have Marlena find out Eugene has passed?

Cheap writing, cheap emotions.

Monday February 17th, 2020
Lani crashes Gabi and Eli's wedding. [Of course she does. Somebody had to uphold the grand, old Salem wedding disruption tradition.]
Gabi makes a huge admission. [What, that even she thinks GabiChic fashions are tacky and dated?]

Wednesday February 19th, 2020
Kayla is shocked by "Steve's" revelation. [Why? The Steve-ano character is so preposterous that the absurd and ridiculous are to be expected.]

Friday February 21st, 2020
[In Salem, the only truly shocking match would be Pookie.]
Ciara resorts to desperate measures to stop Rafe from arresting Ben. [What does she do, give him a baseball cap so he can cleverly disguise himself?]

Back