SPOILER !! Week Feb 18

Ciara battles Jordan to save Ben’s life. [No contest here -- once untied, the feisty Ciara could wipe the floor with Jordan.]

A manipulative Diana toys with John and Marlena. [This is hard to believe. By now, John and Doc (survivors of Orpheus, Yo-Daddy, Kristen, and Stefano) should be able to handle a cheap schemer like Diana.]

Chad and Abigail leave Salem. [Can't they take Eli, Lani, Eric, Sarah, and Rex with them?]

Rafe warns Ted. [Rafe is probably wasting his breath. Ted often seems as dense as he is dishonest.]

A manipulative Diana toys with John and Marlena. [This is hard to believe. By now, John and Doc (survivors of Orpheus, Yo-Daddy, Kristen, and Stefano) should be able to handle a cheap schemer like Diana.]

Here, here!! John and Marlena, at this point, should be able to have a united front on everything and everyone because of what they have endured. Please.......Diana Colville over Stefano DiMera??? She will be the one to cause trouble for them?? Nope, this is ridiculous.

And can I just say I hate, really HATE it when Will talks of John as John, or his grandma's husband. Seriously?????? John has been around longer than Will has been alive and should have been calling him Grandpa his entire life. It's these little things that just wouldn't happen in real life..............................okay, well a LOT of things that happen on Days of our Lives wouldn't happen in real life, except for throwing glasses when you're really, really, really angry.

well a LOT of things that happen on Days of our Lives wouldn't happen in real life, except for throwing glasses when you're really, really, really angry.

Okay Muzz,,,,, where do you get the magic glassware that self dissolves when shattered??? because after cleaning up accidentally dropped glassware believe me the idea of throwing one when angry and THEN having to clean it up has always dissuaded me from throwing:)

Heck, the other day, Leo was arguiing with his MOTHER and at one point, called her Diana!
But I do agree, that John has been with Marlena all of Will's life, no reason not to call him grampa.
But then, the actresses who portray Kate & Hope are never called Gramma either...or great gramma. LOL Get the impression that is a personal request by them.

My personal query is why so many are called by their full name. ....Thomas, Charlotte, Abigail, Jennifer, Henry, Diana, etc. Yes, it is certain characters who are prone to being so formal, and some names I know cannot be shortened, but not even nicknames. (surprises me Brady never got a nickname as a kid, being the Brady family were all over the place back then.) Oh, well.....just me.

I hate, really HATE it when Will talks of John as John, or his grandma's husband.

I think that has to do with his mother - Sami. Let's face it, she never accepted John in Marlena's life, and spent most of Will's life hating on John. She would never have encouraged him to call John Grandpa...and Marlena wouldn't have argued, since she was always trying to make up to Sami.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: nicknames. I have mixed feelings about them. I don't mind some of the fairly common ones like "Tom" for "Thomas", but I'm not fond of ones that completely change the name. "Sissy" or "Buddy" are used for ANY name. And some people really feel strongly about being called their full, real name. My neighbors Margaret and Patricia do NOT want to be called Margie, Marg, Meg, Peggy, or Patty, Pat, or any other typical nicknames for either of those names. I know the babies don't have an opinion about this yet, but I hope they are given an option when they are old enough. :)

It is annoying, but the thing with Will not calling John grandpa kind of makes sense just based off both character histories and storylines. The thing between Hope and Claire most of the time makes no sense. Nicknames can be very cringey on the show sometimes. I remember people used to call Mimi “Meems” & Roman used to call Kate “Katie”. I thought nicknames meant shortened lol

Spoilers from https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/spoilers/

Monday February 18:
Ciara battles Jordan to save Ben’s life.

Tuesday February 19:
Leo strikes back at Sonny and Will.

Wednesday February 20:
JJ urges Jack not to say anything about Haley’s immigration status.

Thursday February 21:
Abigail and Chad tie the knot in front of their loved ones.
Stefan unleashes his rage as he realizes he’s lost “Gabby” for good.

Friday February 22:
The person who set the cabin on fire last year and nearly killed Ciara is finally revealed.

Back