SPOILER !! Week Jan 21

I was under the impression he & Sarah had a falling out, broke up when he had the one night stand with Mimi. He said, in regards to Noel, that they were a big mess then. That Noel was a mess, which is why she came to visit Sarah, that Sarah & Rex were a mess (I have no idea why), and it "just happened". But it was definitely said they had broken up.
Now obviously, they break up and make up a lot........so, evidently Sarah did not consider that 2nd time being broken up.
Hope & Rafe were on the outs......he had sex with Sami
Same has gone on with Brady......a Days familiar pattern, and stupid excuse.

I seem to recall Rex saying that he and Sarah had broken up when he had the one night stand with Mimi. I'm not clear on the Noel mess but it does appear that Rex has self-control issues. I guess my age is showing because having sex with someone because you have a broken heart is somehow wrong. The young folks on Days seem to be bouncing from bed to bed and using booze or heartbreak as an excuse.

I feel the need to clarify something I said in an earlier post about Leo and Xander. I was really shocked at the remarks Leo made and I choked on my afternoon coffee. I never thought I would hear that on daytime TV. I do not condone it or the behavior that is portrayed.

I don't like the character Leo, but Greg Rikaart is an absolute hoot! His facial expressions are priceless as are Xander's (Paul Telfer) and it makes me less attentive to the dialogue. When I think about it, I am not quite as amused.

Days is showing us a really warped view of sex. We have seen rape, grief sex, blackmail sex, and heaven knows what else. I can't help but think that any young kids watching with their parents are going to get a really twisted view of sex. John and Marlena are a good example. but they have been divorced and remarried a number of times. They are faithful to each other and genuinely love each other.

OK. Rant over!

Well the only thing the writers'did right on this horror was throwing the condoms on the bed. What do you know!!!!! First time in many years or ever. I believe we may have a visual non-person as our wonderful towel. Hopefully condom will have a permanent stay in Salem. It's about time contraception has been introduced. :clap: :clap::clap: ShaSha

oldsoapie, I was in my late teens when Days started. When my kids were young, Days was on during their naptimes so they didn't watch it. It was pretty tame back then but still not for young kids.

Seems the writers got it right with Xander and casting. I applaud for hiring Paul Telfer. :clap:Hopefully Xander has a long road ahead as a permanent role on Days. Very special actor and a winner for a developing soul on Days. Many of us fans just love him and want that bad guy turning good and maybe some bad. Very excited for Paul Telfer/Xander.

I could complain about the stupidity of Eric all day. Yes, he acts very superior for someone who killed someone with his bad decisions. I've 0 sympathy for any person that chooses to drink & drive. Eric got over his love for Jennifer real quick too! It bothers me. I didn't like them together but how do you go from engaged to completely disengaged? I know they had to get rid of their relationship with Jack coming back (hooray) but I felt like there should have been a tiny piece of grieving for his relationship with Jen. Dumb. It's like it didn't exist. In real life (which this is far from) he would have grieved for Nicole but a part of him would have still loved Jen and been torn especially since he doesn't blame her. It's Jen that should be mad at him for his fake declarations of love. End rant!

KathyLu is correct, writers do not do any casting.......tho if they are inventing a new character, they might, and I say MIGHT, suggest to the casting person the name of someone they thing might fit the part. Otherwise, they would perhaps describe the kind of person the character would be. Days' casting person is Marnie Saitta, who has held the job since 2007. Prior to that, the late Fran Bascom held that position from '98 to 2007. She is the one who found and brought onto Days Nicole, Nick, Sami, Max, Chloe, Philip, Craig & Nancy, along with current Belle (Martha Madison).

I did mean the writers did well with Xander and the casting department did well in hiring Paul Telfer/Xander. Just explained incorrectly. Thank you.

Back