SPOILER !! Week Jan 24

Abby being on an island and being trapped is just ridiculous. I'm tired of people getting trapped, held hostage, etc., especially if we are seeing Kristen soon do the same to Patch.

The only thing I'm looking forward to seeing is Rafe tell Nicole he wants her...but then he'd better dump Ava instead of having these pointless half-conversations-that-inevitably-get-interrupted with Nicole.

There is no reason for Rafe not to be with Nicole at this point. It's absurd.

Please let them figure out that Sarah is on that island. I cannot sit through more mask stupidity while the Devil is roaming around too. Ugh.

What is amazing is that so many are saying the same thing in different places, but the chorus is getting larger and larger. Folks, they have already filmed whatever, being 6 mos ahead.......so bear with it. There ARE folks who enjoy this possession thing, but seems a minority. It does seem to have definitely gone on much too long now.
I have noticed that ReRon is not posting much, unless someone praises something on Days, or he wants to make a political comment. O/W he is stayin' pretty quiet.

Probably an unpopular opinion of mine, but, Sami was a major character on Days. Very major. The actress decided to leave for greener pasture. I don't enjoy her "pop in" visits, at all. And she seems to have changed a lot, doesn't get good writing/story, so.......if she doesn't want to return more permanently, then just stay wherever they are claiming Sami is, for whatever reason. We don't need to have other characters we like thrown under the bus, because an actor doesn't want to commit to the show.
And same goes for the character of Jennifer & the actress playing her.
Secondary characters popping in, fine. Core vets....exasperating. They cause problems for the writers, for the characters they have been paired with.......O.K. off my soapbox. Sorry for the rant.

Sami is, indeed, interesting. You never know what she is going to do next. I have always seen her as a strong character because she will fight for what she believes is right. I do wish she was strong enough to get over the table dance that her mom did with John Black.

The character of Sami has been ruined for me because of the EJ debacle. First of all, he raped her. She shot one rapist in the *bleep*, but she LOVES another rapist. Come on! She is no longer portraying strength; she is a victim. As a survivor of sexual assault, I find this unacceptable. She needs a lot of therapy to regain her sense of worth.

I can't blame the actress for not wanting to work with the horrible writing her character has been given. Alison Sweeney does give it her all when Sami is back in Salem. If Reron could write her without the screeching and pathetic neediness (for EJ), I would welcome her back!

Agreed, ReRon cannot seem to write decently for Sami. However, I just really resent her leaving, then returning for these "pop in". Even before Re-Ron came aboard, Sami's returns were just not worth watching (for me). Jennifer's latest pop-in was absolutely pathetic. I understand & sympathize with Melissa Reeves' reasons for leaving Days, but, again, the character is a vet, as is the actress, so don't appreciate a random "pop in".
As to ReRon, it would seem it is difficult for him to keep characters' personalities intact, which is why we see them saying and doing things they just would never do or say. (Ryan Quan is supposed to be "consulting" with ReRon along with writing, as has been with the show for years, knows the characters, etc. No idea how these personality changes come about.)
As to Sami (Alison Sweeney), she does a lot of Hallmark work, and I really like her there. And she is getting to spend more time with her family as her kids are really growing up now. Her work on Hallmark has been good, and it is great seeing the actress portraying different kinds of characters from the spoiled & headstrong Sami Brady.

Agreed, those pop-ins are very annoying. Jennifer's Christmas visit served no purpose at all. I don't know why they bothered. I suppose ReRon thinks he's being clever by having us wonder about Sarah. Is it the "real" Sarah or Gwen in a mask? The mask junk has worn out its welcome! I would really love to see more believable stories and less of this bad sci-fi nonsense.

Why didn't Cady McClain stay on as Jennifer? I get that she isn't the original actress but did she leave because fans didn't warm up to her? I wasn't watching at the time and only learned of the recast (and Jack's nasty affair with Kate) rather recently.

I didn't mind this Jennifer return, personally, because it was tied to a coming-home-for-the-holiday holiday story, but other than that, I completely agree, especially in regards to Sami. They're turning themselves into pretzels to explain her returns and absences and it's beyond old. Just let her go, or recast her five times until someone clicks.

I will agree that Sami is a major character and her brief appearances are frustrating because there is no long term investment in a story. I say find an actress in her ‘mid-forties to take over the role of Sami since Alison Sweeney does not want any long term stints on Days anymore. Some suggestions on actresses to play Sami:
Alexa Havins
Bree Wiiliamson
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Kellie Martin

and if Missy Reeves cannot return then I recommend one of these actresses to take the role of Jennifer :
Kristina Wagner
Susan Haskell

Back