SPOILER !! Week July 25

I have not seen him mentioned so far, just the bit about Ava. Talk about shaking up the cast! I like Jake, but after they killed Stefan, brought back Brandon Barash as "twin" Jake, they really did not write anything for him at all, just hanging around here and there. That is too bad.

I haven’t seen Jake identified as the death, but Ava is affected, Chad is being consoled for another loss, and EJ tries to take advantage of a family tragedy - those add up to Jake. I can’t think of anybody else who fits all those hints.

Evidently, the personality or something of Stefan was liked a lot by viewers, which is why after killing him off, the suits decided to bring him back. But stupidly, they wrote the character completely different (Jake) from Stefan, and eventually the IIC realized it was not just the looks of the character of Stefan, but his persona as well.
However, he has been dead a long time.........so.......unless they want to have triplets, lol, I think the jabber of Stefan returning is just that......rumor, wishful thinking, guessing, etc. etc

I think fans liked the pairing of Stefan with Gabi. However, when they brought back Jake, they changed his personality too much so to me, Gabi and Jake never felt right. However, I do not want Stefan returning. If they kill off Jake, just let Brandon Barash go and not bring anyone back.

Here is the thing....in my opinion. Days has been moaning about the cast being too large, too big a payroll, too many to try and write for. So, Abby, Ben, Ciara, Eli & Lani have left town. Their super guest Sami is now gone. Will is going to be leaving (Talking regular Days here). So they have been paring down their regulars, plus hardly using some (John, Steve, Kayla, Roman).So now the cast is down to a reasonable size, apparently. And while I honestly would love to finally get Stephanie, Joey, JJ, Andrew, Paul.......(don't know Wendy) I do not think Days would want to replace those now empty spots with an equal number of full time characters. Maybe a couple, but not them all.

We are definitely getting Stephanie. There was an article in Soap Opera Network that the actress hired to play Stephanie in Beyond Salem is going to join the regular show.

We are also getting the actor that played Joey in Beyond Salem in a recurring role later this year. It's in the Departing/Arriving thread.

well, as I said...a couple maybe........but not them all. Perhaps if the can work out the pay, no guarantees ...(that means, for instance...2 episodes per week, which also means they have to pay even if not used)

I think fans liked the pairing of Stefan with Gabi. However, when they brought back Jake
What Jen said.

It's the filming delay - people hated rapist creeper Stefan, played by Tyler Nicholas Christopher at the bottom of his pay grade. When that actor left unexpectedly, Brandon Barash took over and the chemistry of the character changed because he couldn't do Tyler's bored-bottom-of-the-mouth sneering act.

However, by the time we were seeing that, the writers were reacting to our impressions of rapey TC Stefan. So BB Stefan gets shot in the neck.

Then they put Jake with Gabi, sort of, because then they fired Gabi, then brought her back. No plan. No time to course correct.

And now, if indeed they are killing Jake, it's just stupidity. Why can't a character leave town?

Last edited:
Back