SPOILER !! Week July 9

I may be in the minority, but I hope Theresa gets full or shared custody with the judge saying Brady can not have Eve present at any time during his time with Tate. Yep, I hate Eve that much. I've hated the character since she first arrived in Salem years ago. I had a slight thaw towards her when Victor and Brady tried to pull one on her, but I'm back in full hate mode. I just want her gone from my tv screen.

I do like the actress, and just wish they had her playing a different character.

I'm really liking Eve. It's Theresa that gags me. She should have never made the choice, and it was a choice, without Brady having knowledge of it to go to Mexico. Stupid stupid stupid storyline as far as her having to go. It's bull.

But she is Tate's aunt, loves him. Is she supposed to treat him horribly now, just because his mother finally appeared after abandoning him for nearly 2 years?

Wouldn't be Salem if the kids did not grow up with issues of some kind.

But Theresa doesn't want what is best for Tate, she wants Brady living with her & Tate, as a family. Seems whether he loves her or not is immaterial. That seems unreasonable, and certainly not a good thing for the child. Parents would be in separate bedrooms, barely speaking to each other.

Oh no, I did not mean to imply that she should treat Tate poorly. I meant the way she talks to Theresa about her son. In my opinion, I feel like Eve is overstepping her bounds. But then again what do I know? I am a stepmother and an aunt but not a stepmother to my nephew.

It's complicated and none of them are absolved of lying and/or manipulating the other. Poor little Tate will have issues no matter how this parenting issue is resolved.

Totally agree Noel. No one is thinking about what is best for Tate. That is really the only thing that matters.

Much as I disliked Eve in some scenarios, in others I find she isn’t so bad. Her treatment of Tate has been nothing but loving. She and Maggie have provided a mother's touch. She has never looked at herself as anything but a loving aunt, so I’m not sure where she would be overstepping her bounds.

As for Eve's treatment of Theresa, what about vice versa? Theresa came back wanting to resume the life she stepped away from and I did feel bad for her when she learned that time did not stand still. However, her agenda quickly turned to all about Theresa.

On another note, I think I read that the StefanNo and Theresa characters were short term so does anyone know when the contract expires and the characters leave Salem?

I really hope sometime next year (since the writing is so far in advance and there's no way this is happening now) we have a "Who killed StefanNo" plot.

Since Days likes to recycle storylines, I could see them repeating this just like they did with Deimos.

Back