SPOILER !! Week June 26

I believe this is the first official week where Ron was hired. I realize scripts are written 3-4 weeks in advance but am wondering if the tweaks will start to become more obvious. Ken Cordsy already said Ron tweaked the murder mystery.

Remember the leaked scene from the audition tape with a crazed Deimos ranting at one of his flunkies to get the amulet from Sonny? The other leaked audition tapes became scenes on the show (Tripp and Kayla's conversation, and the scene with Abby and Dario talking to the immigration agent). I wonder if the scene with a crazed Deimos was cut because the storyline was tweaked?

How the blazes does that divorce get done that fast? She filed just before Chad left for Greece, and just cancelled her plans to go to Dominican Republic for the quickie one. So how did she get one here? What the heck?

Meanwhile, lol, they are ALL suspects.....and hahahaha, everyone wakes up with unexpected bed partners? Egads.

Monday, June 26, 2017
Theo comes to a big decision about Claire. [For Theo's sake, it's to run for his life. Based on how she ripped into the hapless NuJade, imagine what she'd do to Theo if someday he forgot their anniversary or missed taking out the garbage.]

Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Under the effect of the Halo, Chad and Abigail imagine that they are renewing their wedding vows. [It might be more entertaining if Abigail imagined she was back showering with EJ and Chad thought he was in the back seat of a car with Mia.]
Rafe proposes to Hope. [Will Hope insist that he prove that he does not own a necktie?]

Thursday, June 29, 2017
Hope has a potentially life-threatening reaction to the drug. [Why do the writers use these phony "life-threatening" plot devices. Just as everyone knew that Brady would somehow survive, they all know that Hope's future health is assured.]

Tripp makes his first move to get revenge against Kayla. [This could also be the beginning of the end for Little Trippy. Steve won't tolerate anyone messing with Kayla and the viewers all know how Joey deals with people who harm his mom.]

Chad and Abigail are both affected when they learn their divorce is final. [What should affect them is the amazing speed in which the bizarro Salem justice system granted their divorce.]

Nicole and Eric are forced to work together to use the party to promote the Horton Center. [Pity anyone else working at the Center -- forced to look at gloomy, sad-sack Eric and Nicole giving him evil looks every few seconds.]

The party is over as everyone wakes from their Halo-induced sleep to find themselves with strange bedfellows.[This would be far better if the ladies' strange bedfellows included Harold, Henderson, Rory, or Roman, and some of the guys find that they're between the sheets with Mary the maid or Nancy.]

Raines arrives to tell them they are all suspects. [Pity poor Raines -- half of his so-called police force is suspected of something. Maybe he'll decide that it's time to clean house.]

Last edited:
There is too much attention to the whole halo drug angle lately. I really feel they could have come up with a different scenario. I truly wish this would disappear. Not to mention the plot is silly, unless it has a comedic result. But than again, drugs aren't funny.

P.S. I don't like this Eric /Nicole pairing. Does this mean Brady is going to have his oh so fragile heart broken yet again?

Last edited:
I believe this is the first official week where Ron was hired. I realize scripts are written 3-4 weeks in advance but am wondering if the tweaks will start to become more obvious. Ken Cordsy already said Ron tweaked the murder mystery.

If this is the first week of his scripts and he has Rafe proposing to Hope, yipes! That's not a promising sign.

If this is the first week of his scripts and he has Rafe proposing to Hope, yipes! That's not a promising sign.

Per the post you quoted, these aren't the new writer's scripts yet. He's just started tweaking things that somebody else wrote. We've got a few weeks before we see the new guy's scripts.

Inasmuch as Nicole's portrayer is exiting Salem next Fall, both men will be heartbroken, I guess..

As much as I wouldn't mind an Eric/Nicole reconciliation, I really don't want Greg Vaughan (Eric) to leave the show with her. Let's see if we see him on set now that Ari Zucker (Nicole) has stopped taping.

This sounds dreadful, but I'll be curious to see if we can spot any tweaks in the stories.

I think the island rescue was a tweak, albeit a sloppy one.

The entire island was a sloppy mess...Convenient blankets, flares, firestarters, etc. aboard the plane, but no one stays inside it to sleep, preferring the rocky terrain. And the island is a virtual orchard, full of all kinds of fruit trees. LOL. So convenient. Animals are making noises, but never attack, nor do these "brave" souls try to kill one, at least for the meat. Ahhh, I think they all would flunk the TV show Survivor.

Wonder if Rafe is proposing to Hope while under the Halo influence? The show needs a reset, badly. Salem needs unrelated characters, needs to age & gender balance the age groups, and just end the "instantly in love" between characters. Most of Salem's characters would put even Blanche Deveraux (the needy bed hopper of Golden Girls) to shame.

From SOD....bits and pieces.......Deimos dons a grey wig, glasses & a beard (looks a lot like Shane, lol) to crash the Martin House party, and spike the punch bowl with Halo. Everyone has some, except Paul. Thus Lani/Eli kiss, Rafe proposes to Hope (who says no, she wants justice for Bo first), JJ & Gabi get cozy. And when everyone comes to at last, Deimos's dead body, knife in the chest, falls out from behind a curtain top of Gabi, who screams. Raines takes charge of the investigation, with a boat load now of suspects.

Vincent Irizzary (Deimos) has an interview, evidently quite surprised and taken aback when he learned Deimos was to be written out, killed to boot. He loved working Days, felt there was lots of potential for Deimos character, but then new writers, character went in new direction, became darker and darker, etc. He was very nice, but obviously was not happy with story.

Anjelica drops in the Spectator office to push Adrienne's buttons, until she has had more than enough, explodes, and a brawl ensues. Jen comes between them, ends it, but Anjelica not thru with Adrienne yet.

On Monday, Tripp puts something in motion to cause problems for Kayla, but by Friday, talking to Joey, he starts feeling guilty about it.

SOD loved Nicole bringing Holly into the dying Brady's room getting his heart going again.

And guess what, Daniel will be back visiting someone on the 28th. Cannot seem to just stay dead, can he?

And even their Opinion columnist, Carolyn Hinsey is not happy with Jungle Madness, CandyMan and teen sex tape stories. She urges new writer Ron to hurry up and get here. LOL

Back