SPOILER !! Week June 6

Well, see.........the writers sat around, not know what to do, as they needed Celeste back, and that was not possible, (you know Days & their budget) so who could be get to do something like that. Well, Stacy is good at doing Susan, how about having Susan do the "future" stuff. Hey, good idea, that did not take long, let's go!

Allie makes a decision about her future. [Hopefully, it's to join Sami overseas. Let the screecher endure her presence for a while instead of the poor viewers.]

Sonny issues a warning to Leo. [This would be more effective if a dangerous-looking Kiriakis tough was standing by his side.]

Gwen makes an ominous call. [Gwen should give it up. She doesn't have what it takes to play in the Salem big leagues.]

Susan senses a presence. [What Susan should be sensing is that she's worn out her welcome with the viewers.]

I do believe she was, thelindaj. Even so, she could have had some of her famous premonitions after the drugs wore off. Trying to make sense of some of this dribble gives me a headache. I wonder why I keep watching because the continuous nonsense is a mental health hazard.

It's so important to first suspend disbelief. Then one has to pretend that one has not watched from the beginning. Then one has to pretend not care if the stories make sense for the characters as they used to be written. Then just try to go along and enjoy the ride, though sometimes that is extremely difficult.
Then just be happy (and this is the one that sells it for me) that Days of Our Lives still exists.

aaahhh, lindaj......and therein are the facts of the case. I began doing summaries for Days in 2000, watched it more years than that. At the time, living so rural, the only way to get TV was with a big giant dish, cost a fortune, so saved up for some time for it. (TV came very blurry, from Duluth at the time)But the big Dish enabled me to get Days a day ahead......taped at 3 a.m., as it was being sent to Canada! And thus I could watch ahead of time. Was fun to get Monday's episode on Friday, thus know ending of cliffhanger. Linda who lived in CA, and Laney who lived on East Coast used to do Day ahead summaries, and so it worked well when I joined in, from the middle of the country. Well, eventually, the stations began being scrambled so unable to view, and thus lost the day ahead ability.
And so, Linda & Laney opted out of doing any sort of summaries, (we used to take turns) & Wayne talked me into this site.........and here we are.
Days has changed, writers have come and gone. They lost their super exec. producer Greg Meng (which shows big time).
But all our lives have changed a lot in those years, we have products we never had before, vehicles are different, taxes have gone up, on Days...characters left, new ones arrived, babies born and never heard from again, other babies quickly aged. Actors left the show after so many years, Sami, Carrie, Laura, Tom, Alice, Stefano, Kim, Shane, some recast (Belle, Shawn, Abby, EJ, & a few show up now and then........Lucas, should be permanent. lol
As much as we'd love it to stay the same, life goes on, we all get older, kids grow up, writers leave, new ones arrive, etc. etc. etc.

I try very hard not to gripe very much.....I don't like to. I try very hard to live my daily life the very best I can. I love this board but I do get tired of all the complaining so I just scroll over a lot of it. I love to watch DOOL even though I don't always like the content. Lately I'm happier because I really like Xander and Sarah together and I sure hope Eric and Nicole get back together. I don't want Abby to die because I like her with Chad. Marlena and John, Kayla and Steve are wonderful. Some of the others are not great/not awful. Ok, that's my opinion for today.

Last edited:
Hey, we are all still here, watching, some since the very beginning. I guess with ANY show, we want good things for the characters we like, & want the bad guys to either get their comeuppance one way or another. Doesn't matter if a soap, or prime time drama. Heck some just love Gabi, others barely tolerate her. I'd rather gripe here about 2 cops covering up a crime, than complain about the current price of gas, LOL.

I agree with a lot you all have said. As much as I sometimes fuss, I'm STILL a die-hard fan of Days. I started watching with my grandma, a loooong time ago (she passed away shortly after my second son was born) I guess it's my way to still honor those memories.

Our show is exactly as described, pure escapism. Sometimes wonderful, sometimes absolutely predictable and bland, but thank heavens it still stands in a dying genre.

I was lucky to have been raised in a TV era that included game shows all morning, and so many soap operas starting mid morning lasting all afternoon. Then came the after school shows, of the likes of Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch, and some cartoons. We had variety shows, in the evening like Donnie and Marie, and heartwarming shows like Little House on the Prairie (I recommend the books also). There were none of the hot mess of the many reality shows and mostly garbage TV that have taken over, the past few years.

Sorry, I digress, but it was a great time for soaps, especially Days, and great memories. Despite all of the changes, good and bad, I will be here with it till the bitter end. I still love my..our..Days

Take care y'all, and have a blessed holiday weekend.

Last edited:
My husband and I were married on August 1, 1965 and DOOL began on Nov 8 that year. I've been watching from the beginning. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I don't remember too many specifics of the earlier Days and certainly not ALL the characters. I guess that since I have been alive so long, and things have been in constant change in my life, it's easier for me to accept all the changes. EXCEPTIONS: Possession stories, Dead people coming back to life and a few other things. I'm tired of all the "bed hopping" but know that's so much of our lives today. Unfortunately, the moral standards in our world have changed drastically (and not all for the good). Is that because the SOAPS are writing about today's world or is TODAY's WORLD, following the SOAPS.

However, I'm a die hard fan of DOOL and I, too, will be here until the end.

It is 77 degrees and very humid here today. Supposed to get up to the low 90s. Humidity about 60. My grandson finished mowing earlier this morning and turned on the sprinkler system. Now he's doing my grocery shopping because I'm not feeling real good this morning. We had graduation yesterday (granddaughter and 2 great nieces), followed by a big party where all the seniors, parents, etc gather for individual tables full of every type of food and/or dessert you can imagine. I ate too much rich food too late in the evening and have been suffering since. Feeling a little better now, but..........

Everyone have a great and blessed day!

Want to laugh? I was dreaming about Days for some reason (and I never do) and was about to write a comment about the show, as if my dumb dream had really happened. Siggghhhh. (I don't get good sleep nights, so good excuse as any, keep waking up every couple hrs. lol)
So.........the spoilers say.......

Allie makes a decision about her future.
Sonny issues a warning to Leo.
Gwen makes an ominous call.
Susan senses a presence.

And this week will be coming after just a 2 day episode week, so......what could this all mean?

Well, does Allie decide to go with Tripp, or Chanel, or just to let both go, as maybe other options out there, inasmuch as she feels she is bi-sexual & may meet others?

So Sonny is warning Leo.......(and we already know what Leo did) so.......will he sue him? get the Kiriakis thugs after him ...via Uncle Vic? Get Will to write an expose' ? (especially to the gay community)
Gwen? who is in prison currently makes "ominous" call? Hmmm, Does she call some Philadelphia thug? Threaten Jake? Or fake a voice to threaten Abby?

And then Susan.......Nope, don't care. She either feels someone evil is there to do harm, or more likely Stefano is telling her the winning ticket number of the 10 million dollar lottery ...

Spoilers from https://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/spoilers-for-the-week-of-june-6th-t43770.html#p2115012

Monday, June 6, 2022
Will gives Allie advice about her love life.
Chad is alarmed when Abigail reveals the subject of her next investigative story.

Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Belle and John get into an argument about EJ.

Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Thomas discovers Leo hiding in the DiMera mansion!
Lucas lets Roman in on a secret.

Thursday, June 9, 2022
Jan's first therapy session with Marlena comes to an abrupt halt.

Friday, June 10, 2022

Back