SPOILER !! Week Mar 25

I believe people suspect Haley is Melinda's daughter because she was so adamant that no one know they were connected. It's really pretty easy to figure out because the writing these days is not very complicated! It's just another recycled long lost child plot with a bit of a twist.

upload_2019-3-15_7-24-28-jpeg.4858

New face........same creep!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly if Melinda is Haley's mother I hope she doesn't remember/know it. Something that's a twist (like she thought her child died and she and her mother were both pregnant or something).

Heck, make her Melinda's daughter through a Stefano experiment with Roman's sperm, carried to term by a US citizen (Summer the Psycho Mermaid perhaps, to give the mandatory connection to Maggie all eggbabies need?) on US soil!

At this point, what difference would it make if Melinda is Haley's mother? She is horrible to her and she has denied any ties to her, so I am not sure what story value they would get out of it. I am just happy that it looks like the Leo/John story is wrapping up and will soon be gone. Although, yes, when given the right lines, Leo is pretty amusing. I just think they went too far with what they have him say.

Monday March 25:
Leo receives devastating news. [What happened? Won't mean Daddy John let him use his credit card?]

Tuesday March 26:
Brady puts the screws to Eric. [Just what the viewers need. Another reason for Eric to scowl and mope.:sad::sad::sad:]
Leo leaves Sonny and Will with an ominous parting shot. [Leo should forget the threats. Those who threaten or harm Salem insiders often come to a bad end. Just ask people like Yo-Daddy, Orpheus, Fake Rafe, Mayor Marino's assassin, etc.]

Wednesday March 27:
As Haley and Tripp prepare for their upcoming nuptials, Claire turns to Eve for help to stop the wedding. [The YouTube wannabe is just digging her own grave with this latest dumb stunt. She should leave the plotting game to professionals like Kate.]

Thursday March 28:
Rafe gets Ted in trouble with Abe. [Getting this shyster fired as D.A. and then disbarred would be more like it.]

Friday March 29:
JJ starts to have questions about the fire Jordan supposedly started at the cabin last year. [Hopefully, this will be the end of the line for amateur schemer. Send her back to Tinda Lau to avoid arson and attempted murder charges.]

I am glad that the Leo and John story is wrapping up, LisaK in AZ. I remember the Diana/John story line but I don't really remember the kind of person she was back then. For some reason I think she was a decent person, but if she was involved with Victor, maybe not.

As for Haley being Melinda's daughter; who know why it would go in that direction. Melinda is a pretty hateful woman, not only to Haley, but to everyone. Where (and who) is this witch's husband? Who is Haley's father? Please, not John or Stefano! I can guess that when all is revealed, her husband will dump her and she will turn into Salem's latest villain.

I don't think, currently, Melinda has a husband. And she just might have had an affair, resulting in pregnancy, hubby dumped her, and it could be why she then asked her parents to take Haley.
However, that is all speculation, and until we learn more of Haley's history, the only thing we know about Haley, is that her sister went to the U.S. when Haley was a baby. Then her parents died when she was very young, leaving her with an envelope with money, and instructions on who to contact to get her to the U.S. and Melinda. She has evidently lived with her some time, as she mentioned to Melinda that there were neighbors, friends, teachers, records, who would have information. That her living with Melinda, who was paying for her education, was not a secret everywhere.

Sounds good to me, Poirot! Haley's a bit of a mystery to us because she just appeared out of nowhere.

Spoilers from http://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=3884

Hope gives Ted a stern warning.
Stefan confronts Chloe about her kiss with Brady.
Ciara expresses concern over Ben’s injury.
Sarah is livid when Eric tells her about Brady’s ultimatum.
Eve and Claire set a plan into motion to expose Haley.
Claire secretly records Tripp’s admission that his impending marriage to Haley is fake

I finally caught up watching this last week. Leo made me feel for him. I don’t know if it’s just because Diana is so diabolical that you feel for him, but when Leo hugged John it felt like a dog being rescued from a shelter.

I’m going to throw myself on the train tracks of oncoming Noooooooos, but, I kinda like Stefan. I’m sad to see the original Stefan go and hope the new Stefan does the character justice. Initially I hated Stefan, but, man, I like his more balanced approach to being a villain. I’m looking forward to the eventual Gabi and Stefan pairing. Sure to bring lots of drama.

I’m sad to know Tripp is leaving. Not sad Claire is leaving. Her character needs a reset in the worst way. But I feel like the writers have really done the young’uns of this show such a disservice. There’s little to no interaction, guidance from the parents and grandparents. That was one of the things I always loved about Days, the family bonds.

Ok, I’ll shut up now.

edited to write out names - combo names are not used on this board - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope gives Ted a stern warning. [What a waste a time. Warnings roll off the backs of shysters like Ted, like water off the proverbial duck's back. And isn't it Abe's job to issue warnings to the D.A.?]

Sarah is livid when Eric tells her about Brady’s ultimatum. [So livid that she might move back to Chicago in a huff? Yes, it won't happen, but it's a positive thought.]

Eve and Claire set a plan into motion to expose Haley; Claire secretly records Tripp’s admission that his impending marriage to Haley is fake. [Claire is digging her own grave with her vicious schemes and by playing ball with nasty Eve. It's too bad that there isn't a scene in which she loses all her YouTube followers because of her poor behavior. In her own mind, that would be the worst thing that could ever happen.]

At this point, what difference would it make if Melinda is Haley's mother? She is horrible to her and she has denied any ties to her, so I am not sure what story value they would get out of it.

It would change everything if Melinda is Haley's mother. With her mother being a legal US citizen, she is automatically one at birth, no matter where she was born. As long as one parent is a US citizen, the child is automatically a US citizen unless designated otherwise at birth. (If I remember my US Civics lessons correctly)

I think that immigration status has nothing to do with Melinda and Haley. I think that Melinda is afraid that an illegitimate child will ruin her political career. But, as BringBackJohnBlack said: This is Days! Every time John Black blinks he finds another long lost child and Tom and Alice are pretty much the only couple that stayed married to each other until death did them part! In Salem, Reality is the ultimate oxymoron!

I didn't know Tripp was leaving. Maybe for budget reasons, that means now his father, Steve, is coming back soon.

Back