SPOILER !! Week Nov 19

This has to be the week where Kate Mansi takes over as Abigail. I saw the preview Abby will punch out Gabi in front of Chad, and Julie slaps Gabi finding out Chad is really the father sneaking into the Kirakis mansion, that's probably the scene where Julie falls down some stairs. Jennifer slaps Chad too after she explodes at him. Eric ends up punching Brady at the pub, so expect a lot of fights. Rafe also gets in a fight with Ted, thinking Hope is having an affair.

Those slaps and fights are to occur in all the weeks leading up to New Year's. From what I understand, present actress Marci Miller will deliver the baby, but then Kate Mansi will take over. I don't know which actress will first be the one committed to Bayview, but it is gonna be Marci one day, Kate the next. !!!

Monday, November 19, 2018
Gabi gleefully admits to Abigail she’s been gaslighting her all along. [Would she be so gleeful if Abigail then called the cops and she was then charged with a whole raft of felonies and hauled off to Hope's jail.]
Jennifer rips into Chad for the way he's treated Abigail. [At last, Jenny, whose chief activity is ripping into people, gets another chance to engage in her favorite activity.]
Abe receives stunning news from Valerie. [What, that she's leaving Salem because she's tired of being laughed at by fellow medical professionals because she works at the infamous University Hospital?]

Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Ciara and Tripp's relationship implodes when she can’t deny her feelings for Ben. [So now Little Trippy rejoins the ranks of Salem's lovelorn. He should have realized that in Salem dirty tricks always backfire.]

Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Adrienne and Justin are furious when Victor keeps Will from reuniting with Sonny. [They can be as furious as they want, but their rage will just flow off Teflon Victor like water off Salem ducks' backs.]
Sarah invites Eric to Thanksgiving, and the two bond over Holly. [Inviting the distraught sourpuss for Thanksgiving sounds like a great way to spoil the holiday.]
Julie and Doug hold Thanksgiving dinner at Doug's Place. [Hopefully, more people will show up than for the pathetically-attended Rex-Sarah engagement party.]

Will Ciara actually have a romantic relationship with Ben? The couple does have chemistry and their scenes are really good together. But can Ciara (and the viewers) forget that he strangled and murdered several people? I don’t know if I can. I’m sure Hope never will accept it either. But what parent would support their daughter getting romantic with a serial killer? No matter how repentant and reformed, does Ben deserve to have someone love him? This is a very sensitive and controversial story line.
it is very controversial, but I think it could work. The writers have been talking it very slow, and we know that Ben was sick, and they have been focusing on the pain and trauma he went through with Clyde as a dad. The actor who plays Ben does a good job of displaying his struggle and showing the character’s pain. It reminds me of Jack, who did a horrible thing, but then we got his backstory, and he wasn’t just remorseful, but determined to change, and he has shown throughout the years that he has.

It is not like EJ saying “I forced myself on you, because I grew up spoiled and no one ever told me no" or using Sami’s rape of Austin to justify what EJ did to her. Plus in that situation, we found out that Sami and EJ's “heart to heart” was based on a lie because his lying about their marriage/his visa. That’s not good writing in my opinion and didn’t make me sympathetic. I really hope Ben does get a true chance at redemption, but I do agree it would be better if they could rewrite that Clyde committed the crimes and brainwashed Ben like Nick did with Melanie.

edited to write out text-speak - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope that they involve Ben and Abby in a few scenes. It's part of Ben's story that they are completely ignoring. Ridiculous, Abby was a big part of Ben and they have been in the same town for how long and have had no interaction. At the very least they could've had Ben tell Chad that he owed it to Abby to try and get her help.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has to be the week where Kate Mansi takes over as Abigail. I saw the preview Abby will punch out Gabi in front of Chad, and Julie slaps Gabi finding out Chad is really the father sneaking into the Kirakis mansion, that's probably the scene where Julie falls down some stairs. Jennifer slaps Chad too after she explodes at him. Eric ends up punching Brady at the pub, so expect a lot of fights. Rafe also gets in a fight with Ted, thinking Hope is having an affair.

Oh! Do we all get to play,"Rock 'em/Sock 'em"? :wink::clap:ShaSha

I wonder if Abigail voluntarily goes into the sanitarium after the baby is born or is she forced? If she is still married to Stefan, Chad cannot have her committed against her will.

I am sure there will be some emotional scenes next year once Hope confronts Ciara about her feelings for Ben. Heck....Eve will also probably have some choice words for Ciara as well.

I’m sorry, but Ben killed three women. And attempted to murder Marlena and Will. He should be in prison. Even if he was mentally ill, he has to serve time for the crimes he committed. I am all for redemption (I have been a Jack fan since the late 80’s), but this is murder. Lives were taken away forever from their loved ones. Am I sympathetic toward Ben? No, I’m not. Not yet. I was starting to believe he was changing then the writers had Chad pay Ben to put Stefan and his security guard in choke holds. Ben should have said no.

I wonder if Abigail voluntarily goes into the sanitarium after the baby is born or is she forced? If she is still married to Stefan, Chad cannot have her committed against her will.
There's a spoiler somewhere on here that says Chad works with Stefan to have Abby committed, and Stefan takes the baby, a girl named Charlotte.

I’m sorry, but Ben killed three women. And attempted to murder Marlena and Will. He should be in prison. Even if he was mentally ill, he has to serve time for the crimes he committed. I am all for redemption (I have been a Jack fan since the late 80’s), but this is murder. Lives were taken away forever from their loved ones. Am I sympathetic toward Ben? No, I’m not. Not yet. I was starting to believe he was changing then the writers had Chad pay Ben to put Stefan and his security guard in choke holds. Ben should have said no.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Chad deserves the slap/smack from Jen, and even worse for what he is doing.
I really hate that he figures on following the thought process of Stefano, tho he was an adult before he learned Stefano was his father. StefanZero is even worse, as much older before he found out. This is all disgusting.
As to Ben, I ALSO wish he had said no, however, he needed the money. That is too sad. The writers were doing o.k. in their attempt to rectify Ben, but now they did a detour. However, many of the "good guys" on Days have had to knock out, wrestle, etc. bad guys, and both that guard & Stefan Zero were not what one would consider "good".

Also, let us not forget that Ben spent a few years locked up in a mental hospital. His release was because the psychiatrists deemed him able to live normally. (Admittedly,only in Salem would he be getting meds for free, but not be assured of a place to live, a way to earn his keep, etc. ) Yes, grain of salt, always in Salem, the salt truck is constantly filled, and at the ready. LOL

Back