SPOILER !! Week Nov 19

Is the budget really that bad that they can’t do a halfway decent Thanksgiving? I remember when everyone would go to the pub or the Horton House and if not that then a bunch of the most random characters would be together on Thanksgiving and it would be hilarious. It’s not just Thanksgiving that has had problems to me. John and Marlena’s wedding back in August and Rex and Sarah’s party. It seemed like so many characters were missing and some were not even explained. Maybe there is reason they don’t have these big extravagant gatherings anymore, but it’s awkward to me. The whole time I’m thinking “where is he/she?“

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not the only one. Sarah & Rex's party was a disaster. Maggie gets the club for just barely 1/2 dozen people? She could have had that at home. For what passes for a wedding......would rather couples elope and return married. Heck, they can barely have children if they are married, always some unknown pops up. Maybe Jordan (who returns in Feb.) will be bringing another baby to surprise the daddy.
I don't know what the problem is in having a lot of people at some event. I don't mind them not having 6 bridesmaids and ushers for a wedding, not at all. But egads, Shove those tables together at the Pub......gather round.
But then, no one cooks on Days. The women brag they can't, Bo used to broil a good steak, Jack could flip a mean burger, but the females just stay away from the kitchen. With Caroline and Alice gone, everyone has to eat out. Breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Hmmmm. Professional ethics is an ongoing problem in Salem. This quote from the above link: "Paul's exit might not be so gloomy for him, as his new therapist seems smitten". Um. I think this is going to require that this therapist "recuse himself".

That picture is very sad to me lol. There’s barely any elbow room. If we get to see the kids dressed as pilgrims and turkeys like that one year, I will let it slide. I also have found the trope of women on the show not knowing how to cook tiresome. I don’t find it funny. It’s kind of embarrassing plus it is inconsistent. One day Hope can make Alice’s famous dishes and the next she can’t make oatmeal. One day Marlena can make a big wonderful breakfast and the next she can’t boil water. Sami can make tasty treats and the next she’s burning down the house. That makes no sense.

And they're all squished around that little round table.
I hate that! I was watching the last Everybody Loves Raymond episode again tonight and, at the end, all nine of them were at the kitchen table. Debra remarked that it was getting a little crowded and Raymond replied, "We need to get a bigger table." It's like he didn't realize that one whole side of the table was bare. I know why they crowd everyone around only three sides of a table, but I would rather see them all around the table and let the camera person figure out the logistics. (Rant Over!)

That is what I liked with the Waltons....They had a long table, both sides filled and the parents sat on each end. And KL, The Golden Girls had that small table, and only 3 could ever be seated there. The 4th would be sitting on a stool by the work table, or standing by the stove. It was so stupid, (in my opinion) And I do agree. Let the cameraman figure the logistics. Really, is it so terrible to see someone's back?

It seems to me that last year, or the year before (it's running together for me), They had tables pushed together at the Pub and the seating seemed a bit more realistic.

There's also a clip I saw on Facebook where Tom and Alice were at opposite ends of the table and others were on either side and the camera panned around while Tom was saying the blessing.

B&B does a Thanksgiving episode each year with all (or most) of the characters sitting down together. Even the ones who hate each other and bicker are there. They go around the table and each say something nice about the person sitting next to them. Then they go back to backstabbing in the next episode. Y&R does something similar with the various families gathered together, and many of them working to feed those in need. I wish Days would gather up all/most of their characters to celebrate together.

Is the budget really that bad that they can’t do a halfway decent Thanksgiving? I remember when everyone would go to the pub or the Horton House and if not that then a bunch of the most random characters would be together on Thanksgiving and it would be hilarious. It’s not just Thanksgiving that has had problems to me. John and Marlena’s wedding back in August and Rex and Sarah’s party. It seemed like so many characters were missing and some were not even explained. Maybe there is reason they don’t have these big extravagant gatherings anymore, but it’s awkward to me. The whole time I’m thinking “where is he/she?“

Haven't you figured it out yet? No one in Salem likes anyone else any more but they have to act like it sometimes. :wink:

Back