SPOILER !! Week Nov 25

Doesn't Stephen Nichols (Steve) return on Nov 27? I'm betting that is him with Gina and the portrait reveal will be the cliffhanger.

I had a feeling it would be Steve who is Gina's "Steffie". Now the question is that is Steve fully aware of who he is and his family in the process really trying to help Hope? Or did Rolf implant Steve with Stefano's "essence", like he did with Hope using Gina's essence, and Stefano is manifested in Steve Johnson's body? If Steve speaks with an Italian accent, then we have our answer. lol!

I agree that the "new" Stefano is a brainwashed Steve. My question is this: when Gina is talking to her "Steffi", does she think it's the real deal or is she talking to Stefano's essence? Apparently, Gina looked exactly like Hope. Steve looks nothing like Stefano and that infernal essence isn't going to convince anyone that he is the real Stefano. OK, this is Salem, so yeah, folks might buy it.

If it is Steve, and I sure hope it isn't, he would have to just have that personality and mind set, perhaps. Knowing who are the allies, who isn't, who are his thugs, how he goes about it.

However, again, if it is Steve, I sure hope he is putting all those on, playing them, to see exactly what the game is. I just detest the thought of Steve turning into someone like Stefano.

And again.......I truly wish this was not tried, Joe Mascolo made the character his own, and whatever Stefano's traits.......let them rest in peace along with the character (and the actor)

Even before the actor (though wonderful) died, I think Stefano had long overstayed his welcome in Salem. Really, the "writers" should try to write for new characters. And if they do write for old ones, at least try to stay true to those characters. Steve is a legacy character, in my opinion, and should be treated as such.

Steve is a legacy character, in my opinion, and should be treated as such.
I don't think we all agree what a "legacy character" is.

This is my take:

While I agree that Steve should not be used to further the story of Stefano, I don't see him as a legacy character. I do see Steve and Kayla's kids as legacy characters.

Julie is a legacy character. Hope is a legacy character so all of her progeny are legacy characters. Jen is a legacy character and her and Jack's kids (and their kids) are legacy characters. Marlena and Roman were not legacy characters but their progeny and Marlena and John's also. I could go on, but I'm sure you get what I mean.

Reactions: jgk
Evidently, most folks consider those who have been with the show for 20-30 years or more to be "legacy". Even headwriter Ron referred to Jack & Jen as a legacy couple. Most of the characters on the show have been written out at some point, to return later, being played by same actor! Maggie is legacy, on the show before Marlena. Steve has been on forever. Roman is legacy, just like Kayla.

Stefano waslLegacy. Even Victor is legacy. Marlena & John are legacy, but with each other. Marlena, Hope, John, were all together with other people before their "soul mate" connections. Jen & Jack, Steve & Kayla....from Day 1 of their meeting, just like Mickey & Maggie, and most of all, Tom & Alice.
But, as you noted, Linda....we all have different thoughts on what makes legacy.

I do not necessarily consider the children of the couples legacy, not at all. They have been recast, come, go, etc. so are not ingrained into the fabric of the show the way the parents are. But, that is just MY view. :)

If Joseph Mascolo (Stefano) was still alive they could bring him back anytime and I would be happy but since that is not possible I will repeat one more time: they need to leave Stefano and his essence alone!! There is not and never can be another Stefano for me.

I suppose the person with Gina could still be Stefan instead of Steve as well.

I have to say that twitter leaker from a few months ago hasn't been pretty far off the mark so far and they did predict that Steve was so Stefano so...but seriously the show needs to clamp down on these internal leaks and fire the person who is spilling this information. They've finally learned to not leak everything to the media but instead we have internal people going rogue.

I can tolerate Stefano being recreated just this ONCE only, like writers, learn your lesson, but I am game to go with it. My reasoning because it really isn't a Stefano recast, it is just Steve Johnson brainwashed as Stefano, or rather possessed, if you will. I feel Stephen Nichols (Steve) is the best actor to play brainwashed Steve Johnson as Stefano.

If it's just the "essence", then we can finally conclude that Stefano is really deceased, end the chapter for good without question. Princess Gina is deceased and I am hoping if Steve Johnson is Stefano, that it's basically confirmation Stefano is dead and only lives in Rolf's microchips.

I would think that the show has lots of film of Stefano. They could put it together, and recreate Stefano. That would be acceptable, a recast would not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Princess Gina have a daughter? I'm pretty sure I remember her having a daughter but I can't remember her name.

I agree with ErasofDiMeras about recasting Stefano ONCE! Maybe they could use old footage and edit it into the scenes rather than a recast. Maybe Stefan, heartless though he may be (pun intended), has had Stefano's essence transferred to him. That would be much more acceptable to me than another actor.

Hey, bookworm! Great minds think alike!! There are ways Stefano could be brought back without a recast but it seems we are smarter than the writers at times.

I wonder how much of that essence was left by the time Stefano's body was discovered. Hope and Rafe dumped the body in that abandoned building and it laid there for a while before he was found. Maybe Dr. Rolf extracted the essence while Stefano was still alive.

They'd have to pay the actor's estate to use old footage of him. Also, Days just doesn't have the money for the technology to do something along the lines of a CGI (computer generated image) Stefano.

I get it, just Samantha. It's a shame that Days has to rely on this essence nonsense when there are better, more realistic, ways of doing things. We all have budget problems and have to make do the best way we can.

Even before the actor (though wonderful) died, I think Stefano had long overstayed his welcome in Salem. Really, the "writers" should try to write for new characters. And if they do write for old ones, at least try to stay true to those characters. Steve is a legacy character, in my opinion, and should be treated as such.
I so agree. I was so sick of Stefano long before his demise. If he isn't dead, what was he doing all the time he was rolled up in that rug!!!!!

Didn't Princess Gina have a daughter? I'm pretty sure I remember her having a daughter but I can't remember her name.

Yes, Princess Greta Von Amberg was Princess Gina's daughter and was speculated to be John's child at one point if I recall. I always thought it was interesting how the actresses were about the same age and playing mother and daughter lol!

Would be interesting if Greta came back to Salem causing a rift between Jack and Jennifer, or Eric and Nicole? Greta briefly dated Jack as I recall and also went out with Eric. Now that I think about it Greta had a fling sorta with Austin while Sami was with Brandon. Though outside of Gina, John, Eric, and Jack there isn't much else to do with Greta unless you ally her with Eve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back